Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Dish Kitchen!  (Read 16866 times)
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2016, 10:32:44 PM »

Thanks PBE!!  Using maple syrup sounds really good too as well as the cinnamon/nutmeg blend.  Too much cinnamon can be bitter.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2016, 11:04:26 PM »

Thanks PBE!!  Using maple syrup sounds really good too as well as the cinnamon/nutmeg blend.  Too much cinnamon can be bitter.

You are welcome LDJJ   Hug 

Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

A beautiful autumn day here, bright sunshine, 15 degrees, leaves starting to turn red ...
I was in the mood for my

Autumn Wonder

which is a very special rose hip & roast apple marmelade, and started my day with preparing my this year's preserve.

You need:
about 1,5 - 2 kg of bright red rose hips
1 orange
1 lemon
7 sour apples
marzipane
brown sugar
butter
cinnamon
about 800 g to 1 kg kg 1:1 jam sugar

First, prepare the rosehips by snipping off the stem and blossom ends with a sharp knife. They contain seeds in their hairy center, which we don't want in the jam, but what we also not want is to open each fruit to remove it (would take hours). So we put the rose hips in a pot and add water just to cover them, then boil them for an hour, if the is any water left, put away. That makes them weak enough for the next step.

Meanwhile, we prepare baked apples by washing them (do not peel!), removing the center, putting them into a casserole upright, filling the center with a piece of marzipane (small teaspoon per apple), a piece of butter and some brown sugar. Add some vanilla flavour, if you like, spread some cinnamon over the whole thing and put into the oven at 200 degrees C for roughly 50 minutes.

Now we throw the rose hips and the apples (with the juice from the casserole) into the "Flotte Lotte" (no idea how this machine is called in english, therefore the picture:
)

To get out all rose hip seeds, apple seeds and whatnot, you need to pass the whole fruit mass through the machine 3 times, using the 3 mm disk first, then the 2 mm disk, then the 1 mm disk.
At the end, you get a very smooth, bright red cream. Add the juice of the orange and the juice of the lemon (for the pektine). Then weigh the cream and add same weight of jam sugar. Bring to boil for at least 3 minutes, then fill into sterilzed twist off jam glasses. Wipe the rims clean with a damp paper towel and close the lids, then turn them upside down for some minutes (that will seal them and sterilize the lid).

Will give you about 5 glasses of jam, 300 ml each.

It's delicious, very special, and, although a lot of sugar is used, not overly sweet because of the citrus juices and the rose hips.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2016, 04:50:44 PM »

I like new recipes!
And I like to get to know other countries thanks to their food.
Until now,in these few pages of recipes we wrote,I found great differences between our ways of cooking,our preferences,the tastes we are more used to,what means " home"  to us and yet  taste strange in other countries.

Hey girls,tomorrow is Monday,vegetable soup day! Some detox recipes to suggest me to clean my conscience after a  retox weekend?

Halo
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »

I tried a make-up receipe the other evening....just what I had in the fridge.........

very THIN chicken breasts
spoon brie cheese over the chicken breasts
add some dried cranberries over the brie cheese
roll the breasts and secure with toothpicks...be sure & count the toothpicks so you know how many to remove after cooking
roll in light bread crumbs
put parchment paper on cookie sheet,  add the rolled up chicken breasts
bake in oven around 340 degrees....cook until brown..about 30 minutes
serve w/
rice,greenbeans...................

turned out wonderful w/beautiful color....................................
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 sos girls!
Can you teach me a fool proof yummy recipe for fudge?

I'd like to cook some before Christmas.

Grazie belle,ciao.🌲🌲🌲❤️👍🏻
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2017, 07:14:50 PM »

chia seeds: yes or no?

I tried some organic apple biscuit made with chia seeds and then I had to use approx 25 mt of waxed floss😬😬😬

do you like them?how do you cook them?ciao belle,good night 🌟🌟
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »

chia seeds: yes or no?

I tried some organic apple biscuit made with chia seeds and then I had to use approx 25 mt of waxed floss😬😬😬

do you like them?how do you cook them?ciao belle,good night 🌟🌟

I've personally never cooked or baked with them, but I know people who blend them into drinks along with fruits and vegetables.  Perhaps pureeing them first will make a difference in terms of texture? 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »

I have them sometimes for breakfast. I mix them with milk, approx 1:6 (milk being the 6), stir this a few times over the next 10-20min and put it in the fridge overnight. I then add fruit to it. The whole thing looks a bit slimy but the taste is quite neutral, so you can add different fruits to get different flavours.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2017, 02:30:05 PM »

You can make jam with Chia as well and it tastes really good. For ex, heat up blueberries with a bit of water, add Xylitol and let cool a bit, than add chia (depending on the fruits I use either white or black chia) and let sit over night. The need for dental floss is much less then, but with blueberry jam, it is never a bad idea to brush after eating. (the Xylitol however is an excellent caries prevention).
Voila very low carb and very good taste! (though the jam doesn't keep: store it in the fridge for max a week - I often just make one jar of preserves from frozen or left over fruits)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

Grazie girls  Star to all❤️👍🏻🌟🌟
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 08:46:11 AM »

Well, Chia was used by Andes shepherds to fight hunger - as outlined, they swell to a multitude of their original size when exposed to fluids.
Which does also mean: if you eat them just as they are (small and black), they will start to swell only in your stomach, giving you the impression of saturation for a long time.
That is why I just add a teaspoon of them to my morning muesli.
No floss needed and it works. The saturation thing, I mean.

I have never tried to actually use them to cook or bake.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »

you are all into healthy living!

spring is for detox and reset:decluttering can give a fresh sensation of "all is possible",and sometimes a chia seed,as little as it is,can change your perspective.

now i will think of you all and of the andes when eating or drinking chia's smoothies,my horizon is getting wider!!!!! i will feel like a traveller off the beaten track,i will feel like i am on holiday even if i'm not,because changing something on the daily routine has this side effect on my mood. Champagne

ciao belle e grazie mille, have a nice thursday and kisses!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: