Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paralympic Games 29 Aug - 9 Sept  (Read 42320 times)
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »

I also agree.
Most Paralympians have already triumphed over huge hurdles, emotional and physical.  Champagne
And then to devote their time to being the best athlete that they can be often means financial sacrifice.
They are heroes and winners no matter who appears on the dais.
I hope the Para Olympics is well supported.  Jumping
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »

Two paralympics from Jordan and their trainer charged with sexual assault
Three Jordanian Paralympians appear in court in Northern Ireland
Updated: 16:23, Wednesday, 22 August 2012

inShare
Three men from the Jordanian Paralympics squad have appeared in court in Coleraine, charged in connection with allegations of sexual assault in Co Antrim.

A number of international Paralympic teams have been based at Antrim forum
Omar Sami Qaradhi, 31, has been charged with three counts of sexual assault, two of them against children, and one count of voyeurism.
Motaz Al-Junaidi, 45, faces one charge of sexual assault against a woman.
Faisal Hammash, 35, has been charged with two counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
The three men, who were arrested on Monday night, have been released on bail.
Judge Richard Wilson set bail at £500 for each defendant and imposed a surety of £5,000 on each man.
The two powerlifters and their coach will appear in court again on 18 October.
Coleraine Magistrates' Court was told the Jordanian government has given assurances that the accused would return to Northern Ireland for trial if they were released on bail.
A representative from the Jordanian embassy in London gave evidence during this afternoon's hearing.
The alleged assaults took place in Antrim on dates between 16 and 20 August.
A number of international Paralympic teams have been based at Antrim forum in the run-up to the games.
The three accused were due to leave for the Olympic village this morning. The Paralympic Games begin next Wednesday.

From RTE news,
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »

Surely they can't take part now?!

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »

Hopefully not , but I'm not sure? It is a shocking story.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »

:O That is my hometown!  Woah. 

Yikes

I hope they do not compete now, it would not be appropriate at all.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »

Let's hope not

Swashbuckler

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »

Princess Märtha Louise attends the London Paralympics (1 - 4 September).   Smiley
http://www.kongehuset.no/...ste.html?strukt_tid=28554

royalwatcher2010

Large Member

Canada Canada

Yellow Pride!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 01:37:11 AM »

I realize even royals have restrictions on what or how many events they can attend, but I am going to put check marks beside those who attend the Paralympics.

And bonus check marks for those who attend who have patronages which include physical handicaps.

Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 03:14:37 AM »

I realize even royals have restrictions on what or how many events they can attend, but I am going to put check marks beside those who attend the Paralympics.

And bonus check marks for those who attend who have patronages which include physical handicaps.

IA with this. Seems that the Paralympics are not glamorous enough for the "happening" royal crowd  Thumb down

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »

Yikes

I'm torn, on the one hand they are accused of an awful crime but then the cornerstone of our justice system is innocent until proven guilty.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »

Yikes

I'm torn, on the one hand they are accused of an awful crime but then the cornerstone of our justice system is innocent until proven guilty.

They WILL be allowed to take part, because if they don't it will have a huge a embrrassement to the State of Jordan. The King Of Jordan has said he will guarantee that if they were granted bail they will turn up for the case!!!! When it reaches court.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »

Yikes

I'm torn, on the one hand they are accused of an awful crime but then the cornerstone of our justice system is innocent until proven guilty
They WILL be allowed to take part, because if they don't it will have a huge a embrrassement to the State of Jordan. The King Of Jordan has said he will guarantee that if they were granted bail they will turn up for the case!!!! When it reaches court.

I just read that they will be competing. Ultimately I think it's probably the correct decision (!) but I have no doubt the crowd will let them know how they feel about the situation.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »

Jordanians facing sexual assault charges in NI will not enter Paralympics
Updated: 12:07, Thursday, 23 August 2012

inShare
Three members of the Jordanian Paralympic squad charged with sex offences in Northern Ireland will not be taking part in the Games, organisers have confirmed.

The three are due to appear in court again on 18 October
London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games said the Jordanian Paralympic Committee had withdrawn the men from their team for London 2012.
The three, who appeared in court yesterday accused of committing a string of offences while in pre-Games training in Antrim, are returning to Jordan.
"We have been informed by the Jordanian National Paralympic Committee that they will not be entering the athletes in question into the London 2012 Paralympic Games," said a LOCOG spokewoman.
"The athletes have returned to Jordan."
Yesterday Coleraine Magistrates' Court was told the King of Jordan had given assurances that the accused would return to Northern Ireland for trial if they were released on bail.
The men are due back in court on 18 October.
Powerlifter Omar Sami Qaradhi, 31, has been charged with three counts of sexual assault, two of them against children, and one count of voyeurism.
His fellow powerlifter Motaz Al-Junaidi, 45, faces one charge of sexual assault against a woman.
Trainer Faisal Hammash, 35, has been charged with two counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

From RTE news.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Even tho they are alleged to have committed those crimes, I still feel it's wrong to allow them access to vulneralble people.
Casta Semenya had to withdraw from competition because there were doubts about her gender( a private matter).This  is a much more serious matter and it  should be taken seriously.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Even tho they are alleged to have committed those crimes, I still feel it's wrong to allow them access to vulneralble people.
Casta Semenya had to withdraw from competition because there were doubts about her gender( a private matter).This  is a much more serious matter and it  should be taken seriously.

Right decision , And glad that it was made.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: