Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 417811 times)
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: March 14, 2020, 05:12:44 PM »

Honestly can’t remember the last time I saw work out of the adults in this family.

Cuz the work was done by a whole army on her face.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1336 on: March 14, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »

Some of the comments about this on the DM are wild. I figured most commenters are from the UK, where going to boarding school is pretty common, isn't it? I mean, not unheard of for those at a certain social level, right? But the comments act as if those who send kids to boarding school are somehow abandoning them.

People I know who went to boarding school loved it and have lifelong friends and adventure memories.

Sounds like the Derfs were doing a kind of study abroad exchange sort of thing. Not uncommon is it? Or maybe for Danish kids?
Harley? Maria? Other Danes?

The way F&M have done it, definitely isn’t normal by Danish standards. The kids are too young as going to boarding school is done at a very specific time/class/way. Kids stay in Denmark. Typically it’s done the last year (or two) of school, before the secondary school of whatever is chosen (various different kind of high school). It’s called “afterschool” and it’s often a themed school/stay with a focus on something - sports, travel, animal, anime, whatever. Lots and lots of kids do it. They’re 15 and older so even Christian is too young. Fred and Mary staying with them also suggests to me that Vincent and Josephine especially are too young for this.

ETA: study abroad exchange trips are done but again, most Danish kids will be older. A lot older and their parents won’t be going with them.

Takk skal du ha, Maria. That makes sense. So this weird the-whole-family-goes-to-Switzerland is strange indeed. Even at their level in society.

It’s almost bizarre I’d say.

We do have a few more British-like boarding schools in Denmark. One is for the posh people in Denmark - Herlufsholm - where Nikolaj went to high school. Princess Alexandra’s children also go there if I am not mistaken.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: March 14, 2020, 08:10:21 PM »

I am not Danish but from a teacher's point of view it makes no sense whatsoever. It is highly unusual that you send kids that age abroad. You would send kids (teenagers, aged 16 or older) for half a year to a country where they have studied the language for some years before. I believe that the Derf kids speak some French because of their grandpa.

In this case you would emerge the kids in the surroundings, having three siblings and a set of parents with you that you stay with is not helpful at all in the process.

Usually you try to avoid disruptions in education and you try and leave a child in the same class unless you really have a problem. At that age relationships between classmates are fragile. It is almost never possible not to fall behind in some subjects as the curriculums in different countries do not necessarily correspond. You cause more damage than use. So it is very strange indeed.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07:56 PM »

I reckon it was all cover for Fred going into rehab.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: March 14, 2020, 11:12:45 PM »

I agree.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: March 14, 2020, 11:12:56 PM »

Fred going to rehab is unexpected but good scenario. However I don't think that Fred is able to rehab in his 50s.

Queen’s Tea

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: March 15, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »

Fred going to rehab is unexpected but good scenario. However I don't think that Fred is able to rehab in his 50s.

Is this true that he went to rehab or speculation?  I thought I just saw pictures of him at some event?  I agree it’s bizarre that the kids were sent out of the country to school.  And think it would be a great thing if he cleaned up whatever is going on with him.  Maybe it was a trial separation from the wife and this whole boarding school thing was a cover. 
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: March 15, 2020, 07:25:16 AM »

Is this true that he went to rehab or speculation?  I thought I just saw pictures of him at some event?  I agree it’s bizarre that the kids were sent out of the country to school.  And think it would be a great thing if he cleaned up whatever is going on with him.  Maybe it was a trial separation from the wife and this whole boarding school thing was a cover. 

Pure speculation...
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: March 16, 2020, 12:21:35 AM »

Fred was seen with his mother recently so I don't think it was that besides he is a lost cause he should have been hospitalized years ago for heavens sake. I thought it was for Mary to get plastic surgery and maybe line up husband number 2. The children are the ones who suffer. It is weird and bad enough that they were only going away for a semester and all together and not even in the dorms but living in the family ski lodge. Now they are pretending to be in solidarity with the Danish people give me a break plus it is more disruption for the children to go back home and have to enter school midway through the spring semester come on now. Just stay in Switzerland and hunker down like the rest of us and then go back to the same school and complete your studies. I though Verbier was to teach them better French and English.
Nightowl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: March 17, 2020, 07:07:10 AM »

Did the children *actually* go to school in Verbier or not?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: