Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtian - Izzy - Josie - Vince - NEWS  (Read 468154 times)
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: October 11, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »

Physical appearance aside, I love seeing how well the kids get on together.  They always seem to be genuinely happy and affectionate in their pictures together.  It’s nice to see.  They appear to be raised well.  As much as their parents are dissed, I would love to be a fly on the wall to see how they truly function as a family. 
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1441 on: October 11, 2020, 02:01:42 PM »

Physical appearance aside, I love seeing how well the kids get on together.  They always seem to be genuinely happy and affectionate in their pictures together.  It’s nice to see.  They appear to be raised well.  As much as their parents are dissed, I would love to be a fly on the wall to see how they truly function as a family. 
Much credit to the nannies..,
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1442 on: October 11, 2020, 05:56:21 PM »

I'm always amazed that such an image-conscious, portrait-loving royal family as the DRF they don't take better photos of the kids

Very good point FC. I guess their parents don’t consider them worthy of professional shots. I would really hate to have the Derfs as parents, and maybe this explains Josie acting out so much.
Emac0914

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1443 on: October 11, 2020, 09:26:32 PM »

I'm always amazed that such an image-conscious, portrait-loving royal family as the DRF they don't take better photos of the kids

Agreed, they look a bit like ragamuffins sometimes but if they were better groomed and dressed, that might focus more on them and less on Momma.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1444 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:05 PM »

Me too - but I think it is good and bad at the same time: Good: they are not used as props like in other royal families and the pictures seem "more honest" to me - they look like many teenagers that you pass on the street, no efford, no dressing up, no staging. Innocent snap and in a decade they will shout "did you really release a picture of me in track suit bottoms?".

Then within that very casual surrounding a few thoughtless things have happened that are lightheaded because these pictures have an entire different scope than "normal family snaps" - the picture from this summer where Josie's underwear was in full display come to mind. These pictures might be okay in that casual family surrounding, but not for that purpose.

Bad: Christan and Izzy are old enough now to realize that they are not normal kids. They profit from being very privileged. A certain dress code is part of that game. They should learn now.

Plus: It marks, as the post points out, a very sharp contrast to Mary. Frodo also -despite wearing appropriate clothes -very often looks as if he just rolled out of bed and despite being in good shape has yet to find a suit that actually fits him (can it be that hard).

In every other upper middle class family grandparents etc. would not be too delighted to get a pic like that (as a snap, okay, but not as an official picture). A lot of grandparents expect some "proper" pics of their grandchildren - including suitable clothes. That should also be the case here.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: October 11, 2020, 10:48:49 PM »

I wonder how Madame feels seeing her real face ?
For one of my cousins seeing her real nose on her daughter and now granddaughter’s face bugs her but I think it’s charming and remember the good old days

Btw this reminds of the story of a Korean businessmen, who sued his wife, because their children were so ugly (strange reason I know). He couldn't really understand it of course, because his wife was actually a beauty. It turned out that his wife had had beauty operations en masse, before marrying him. Of course the children got the original genes from the mother.

That was an urban myth! It was based on a terribly misguided ad campaign by a cosmetic surgery company, showing two very attractive parents with ordinary looking kids!

https://www.snopes.com/fa...-sues-wife-ugly-children/

There is a similar line in “Friends” where Rachel’s sister asks her if she’s worried Emma will have her original nose!

Glad ti hear that.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: October 11, 2020, 10:51:30 PM »

Me too - but I think it is good and bad at the same time: Good: they are not used as props like in other royal families and the pictures seem "more honest" to me - they look like many teenagers that you pass on the street, no efford, no dressing up, no staging. Innocent snap and in a decade they will shout "did you really release a picture of me in track suit bottoms?".

Then within that very casual surrounding a few thoughtless things have happened that are lightheaded because these pictures have an entire different scope than "normal family snaps" - the picture from this summer where Josie's underwear was in full display come to mind. These pictures might be okay in that casual family surrounding, but not for that purpose.

Bad: Christan and Izzy are old enough now to realize that they are not normal kids. They profit from being very privileged. A certain dress code is part of that game. They should learn now.

Plus: It marks, as the post points out, a very sharp contrast to Mary. Frodo also -despite wearing appropriate clothes -very often looks as if he just rolled out of bed and despite being in good shape has yet to find a suit that actually fits him (can it be that hard).

In every other upper middle class family grandparents etc. would not be too delighted to get a pic like that (as a snap, okay, but not as an official picture). A lot of grandparents expect some "proper" pics of their grandchildren - including suitable clothes. That should also be the case here.

Couldn't it be that they're all about - we are so normal that we don't need professional photographs?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: October 12, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »

New photo taken on the occasion of Danish School Sport Day

Not to belabour the point, but other royal families take much better photos of their own kids, even when not using a professional photographer. This has the potential to be a nice photo, but it's not straight, the kids aren't centred, they aren't in focus and the lighting is weird. Even running it through a few of the standard filters you get on an ordinary mobile phone would lead to a better result.

I'm guessing this is one of Mosh's

Within grace simply in my spirit. Care and touching. I will waiting.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: October 12, 2020, 10:32:46 AM »

Could it be that they were out for a run and had come back, encountered some photog, played nice , stood for a pic and off they went? As opposed to release a new official photo?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: October 12, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »

It was Fred who took the photo. Or at least he's the one who posted it on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGHIkpSgrEr/
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: October 13, 2020, 01:21:53 AM »

I think there is an implicit rule in the family that only Mary gets the fancy lighting and styling I really do. These kids seem to understand and they are fed emotionally by Fred sometimes and by the nannies and people at school.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: October 13, 2020, 03:05:20 AM »

I think there is an implicit rule in the family that only Mary gets the fancy lighting and styling I really do. These kids seem to understand and they are fed emotionally by Fred sometimes and by the nannies and people at school.

That makes me so sad for them because I don’t doubt it at all.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1452 on: October 13, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »

That makes me so sad for them because I don’t doubt it at all.

Absolutely. That's why it's good to see that the children support each other vise versa.
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1453 on: October 13, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »

It was taken as the kids went off (or came back from) Danish School Sports Day. So they're wearing sports gear. We would wear games kit for such an event at a UK school. I guess it was a spur of the moment photo and, as such, no fancy lighting or formal clothing needed
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: October 13, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »

It was taken as the kids went off (or came back from) Danish School Sports Day. So they're wearing sports gear. We would wear games kit for such an event at a UK school. I guess it was a spur of the moment photo and, as such, no fancy lighting or formal clothing needed

Maybe, but that photo was also extremely blurry.  It was a bad photo all around, so why post it at all? 
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: