Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikolai - NEWS  (Read 64324 times)
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »

This thread seems to be taking a [potentially ugly] political/religious tone.
I think we should get back on topic to Nik news Yes

You are right.

I simply couldn't resist to react they way I did. With regard to ritual slaughtering many people only point at Muslims (Halal meat), but seem to forget that the Jews have a very similar way of ritual slaughtering (Kosher meat).
Again, OT...

Blush
Hug
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2015, 01:23:41 AM »

I'm afraid it was inevitable Sad

I guess so, but I had high hopes for both, Nikolai & Felix, after seeing their disgusted/shocked faces every time they attended the coprs show.

more here

I'm rooting for you to say not to this crap Felix!

Although there is still hope for Nik. He's only 16. When he becomes an adult, he might put his foot down and say he wants no part in it.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2015, 07:45:04 AM »

Does anyone know if the hunters and family consume the meat (including freezing meat for later consumption)?  Is the meat donated to needy?  Hunting is very popular in the state where I live.  I've driven down a state road during hunting season and actually saw a man field dressing an Elk in his front yard.  I've mentioned before that I have hunters in my family and I love game meat.  Some of my hunter friends will give game meat to needy families and charitable organizations. I don't mind hunting for food at all (as long as the game population is maintained).  What I don't like is trophy hunting and killing for fun. 

I've noticed that there is Venison on quite a few of RF event menus.  I've wondered if the meat came from a hunted source or a ranch (such as the Bison ranches in my state).

I love to fish and to catch/gather other seafood.  I eat what I catch.  I enjoy eating what I can harvest from the land and waterways.  Considering where the food is sourced, it's the most organic source of food IMO.  Some of videos I've seen of deplorable slaughterhouse and processing center conditions/treatment of animals have prompted me to question supermarket butchers about their meat sources.  I've mentioned why I don't hunt before (the cold & I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a rifle).  We're planning a game meat theme for this year's Christmas dinner.  We've considered Elk, Venison, Goose, Duck, Pheasant, and Bison for the menu.  Still have to narrow down the choices and finalize recipes.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2015, 04:45:21 PM »

I'd imagine they eat it, yes. Actually, in my part of the country, we have too many deer these days so hunters are very needed because the amount needs to be kept down. And we don't have any natural predators so it has to happen with human help. It's not nice to drive into a deer and it does happen (my parents did that last year and they're good drivers. Thank goodness, they weren't hurt. But the car was.) I live in rural surroundings and the regulation is needed around here. Not all hunting is evil.

Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »

I'd imagine they eat it, yes. Actually, in my part of the country, we have too many deer these days so hunters are very needed because the amount needs to be kept down. And we don't have any natural predators so it has to happen with human help. It's not nice to drive into a deer and it does happen (my parents did that last year and they're good drivers. Thank goodness, they weren't hurt. But the car was.) I live in rural surroundings and the regulation is needed around here. Not all hunting is evil.

Thanks, Harley  Star  I'm glad your parents were not hurt.  I've caught deer in my headlights quite a few times.  Luckily, I've been able to slow down in time to avoid a collision.
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2016, 02:19:59 PM »

Happy birthday Nikolai!

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2016, 02:27:16 PM »

Happy birthday Nikolai!

I can't believe he's 17 already! He's the forst royal baby I remember being born. I feel so old now! Lol

I hope he has a fantastic day!

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »

Funny, they're literally just went down on the streets around where Alex lives now to shoot these photos Well, I guess they aren't too bothered with setting up the pics, which is fair enough. They really are some very handsome boys, these two!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »

and totally opposite at that in their looks. I just love how they were raised, with each other and with Henrik & Athena...love it 

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

and totally opposite at that in their looks. I just love how they were raised, with each other and with Henrik & Athena...love it 

Joachim seem to be able to parent really well with both mothers of his children - even if I do think they are somewhat snobs (insisting Felix was called "Prins Felix" in kindergarten really is a bad idea IMO). You can see how comfortable the kids are with themselves. Good to see, especially considering the family history Smiley
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2016, 07:33:30 PM »

I know what you mean, Maria, but sometimes I think if Joachim's insisting on titles is a reaction to all the crap he and his family has to take. I'm not saying it's the right way to handle it but considering how he's often unfairly ridiculed in the press (to make the Derfs look good), insisting on titles may be his only way of voicing his, very human, need for respect.

IMO, it won't be long until Nikolai and Felix will be treated badly in the press as well - just because of who their parents are. The only things protecting them are their "invisibility" and the fact that they're still minors.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »

I know what you mean, Maria, but sometimes I think if Joachim's insisting on titles is a reaction to all the crap he and his family has to take. I'm not saying it's the right way to handle it but considering how he's often unfairly ridiculed in the press (to make the Derfs look good), insisting on titles may be his only way of voicing his, very human, need for respect.

IMO, it won't be long until Nikolai and Felix will be treated badly in the press as well - just because of who their parents are. The only things protecting them are their "invisibility" and the fact that they're still minors.

I get what you mean. We've already seen it too - a debate about funding of the RF because of Nikolai soon turning 18. It's a smart move on Joachim, Alex's and Marie's part of already prepare the kids for a future with lesser royal roles but it feels extremely unfair that Joachim himself is thrown under the bus because his older brother isn't up to snuff I hope the kids don't notice it too much in their every day life because that has got to suck big time.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

The Hottest Royal You Don't Know: Meet Teen Prince Nikolai   

He's handsome, royal and looks like Harry Styles's Scandinavian cousin: Meet Prince Nikolai.

To mark his 17th birthday on August 28, Denmark's royal palace released two new portraits of the young prince relaxing in a rural setting: one photo depicts him alone, the other with his 14-year-old brother, Prince Felix.

Nikolai was born in 1999 to Prince Joachim, 47, and his former wife Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, 52. The couple married in 1995 and divorced 10 years later. Prince Nikolai, Queen Margrethe's eldest grandson, is seventh in line to the Danish throne.

He recently returned from visiting Brazil for the Olympics, where he was pictured with his family ? including his outspoken stepmom, Princess Marie ? at the world's largest waterfall system, Iguazu, on the border between Brazil and Argentina.

The teen prince currently attends Herlufsholm Boarding School, a private academy some 50 miles south of Copenhagen.

periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2016, 11:55:46 PM »

They are both truly beautiful young men. It is a shame that Joachim and his cute kids have to play second fiddle to the crown prince idiots' kids.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: