Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikolai - NEWS  (Read 233443 times)
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: April 07, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »

Joachimsen would refer to "son of Joachim". This is similar to Henriksen, which would refer to "son of Henrik".

I know (Iím Danish, after all Wink ) but you canít just use a last name that isnít legally yours. Especially not one that may be a protected name (although I donít know if Joachimsen is that).

I completely get your argument, but then, there are so many 'royals' who still use their former titles. For instance, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and their kids, or Anne-Marie and Constantine, French royals, German royals. However, I don't quite know whether it's irrelevant in their case since they are royals of defunct kingdoms. Having said that, I think you could argue that even if they have no 'kingdom' the title still belongs to their State and they still shouldn't use it. I know for a fact, being half-Greek, that the Greek royals aren't allowed to use the title in official documents, e.g. passports. What they are allowed to use is the surname 'de Grecia'. But that still doesn't prevent them from calling themselves Crown Prince or Crown Princess, King or Queen, everywhere else!
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »

This one scares me - the neck looks so stretched, almost unnaturally long, his arms and breast look so skinny, and the shoulders really bony ...
One may definitely say he isn't that much into weightlifting, or he grew too fast, so that the muscles didn't have any chance to catch up so far.
Do we know how tall he is?

I think he inherited the bone structure of his father. Joachim is also very slim and tall. Alexandra isn't fat either.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2019, 08:32:48 PM »

He's so handsome!! He's right for trying modelling, unlike some other members of the extended family who are using their mommy's contacts to model for Dolce & Gabbana pretending like they're the next Kate Moss! 

EDIT: About the name, I think using his title is part of the charm. It's very posh and unique. Nikolai Manley or even Joachimsen is too mainstream and he could be just another young man 'discovered' in some small Danish town. And unfortunately, his official last name is faaaaaar to long so that won't wing it. Maybe he could use 'Count of Monpezat'?

I was speaking not only about modelling, but also about making a carrierfor himself or just wanting to study abroad. There're actually many children of famous people, who enroll into university or start a business under a false name simply because they don't want to be associated with their famous parents, aunt, uncle etc. but want to prove the world that they can make it by themselves without having to rely on a famous name.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »

This one scares me - the neck looks so stretched, almost unnaturally long, his arms and breast look so skinny, and the shoulders really bony ...
One may definitely say he isn't that much into weightlifting, or he grew too fast, so that the muscles didn't have any chance to catch up so far.
Do we know how tall he is?

I think he inherited the bone structure of his father. Joachim is also very slim and tall. Alexandra isn't fat either.

I agree. But he also has an androgynous quality which comes out in these photos that I had not noticed before.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2019, 06:49:45 AM »

I agree. But he also has an androgynous quality which comes out in these photos that I had not noticed before.
[/quote]

yup Nick reminds me of an androgynous male model who models as a woman...whose name now I can't think... Blush

found it:
adrej Pejic

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:24 AM »

May 15
Nikolai had a photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar China

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

Itís so weird seeing him like this. I remember when he was born.

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »

It really is.  Sort of like he catapulted into adulthood while we werenít looking.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2019, 12:45:34 AM »

I have to say I prefer photos where the subject looks less mournful, has more light in their eyes  Sad
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »

June 24
Alex accompanied Nikolai to the Scoop Modelsís offices today.
Scoop Models is the model agency, that Nikolai signed up with

Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »

Yeah.  Kids grow up whether we like it or not.

He was gorgeous as a child and he's gorgeous today.  He has the body and face to make it big in modelling without the royal connections (although they helped).

When I look at him I see a lovely young man, doing what he wants to do without being constrained by his royal connection.

I'm looking forward following how he goes in life.
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2019, 03:34:21 AM »

When Prince Nikolai marries, if his wife is not a princess, will she become a Princess upon her marriage to Nikolai?
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »

Itís not known for sure but I donít think so. Maybe a lesser title (countess of Monpezat) but as it is, I donít think sheíll be a princess.

CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: June 29, 2019, 03:58:18 AM »

Itís not known for sure but I donít think so. Maybe a lesser title (countess of Monpezat) but as it is, I donít think sheíll be a princess.

Harley, Thank you for the explanation.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: June 29, 2019, 09:39:54 AM »

Any time, CS  Beer
Harley, Thank you for the explanation.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: