Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikolai - NEWS  (Read 138882 times)
Marieke

Warned
Baby Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »

At the end of the week Nikolai stops his lieutenant education at Hærens Sergentskole in Varde. The court has confirmed. It’s Nikolai his own decision and his parents support him.

https://www.billedbladet....kolai-stopper-i-forsvaret
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »

At the end of the week Nikolai stops his lieutenant education at Hærens Sergentskole in Varde. The court has confirmed. It’s Nikolai his own decision and his parents support him.

Then why did he go there, in the first place? Is it usual for someone in Denmark to stop his military education?

Mariendk

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:44 PM »

Then why did he go there, in the first place? Is it usual for someone in Denmark to stop his military education?

In Denmark it’s not unusual to drop out of an education, if you start and find that it’s not for you.

I know someone at Varde Kaserne, where Nikolai was, and according to him it was pretty obvious that he didn’t want to be there and he expected to get time off whenever it suited him (which he wasn’t allowed). He told me this already a month ago, so I’m not surprised he’s dropping out.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:54 PM »

Nikolai always seemed like a good kid but what did he expected? Special treatment from the academy to go model when he had a gig and/or when he wanted free time?

If that was the case, I am glad the academy followed the rules and didn't gave him any kind of special treatment for being a royal.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Mariendk

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »

Nikolai always seemed like a good kid but what did he expected? Special treatment from the academy to go model when he had a gig and/or when he wanted free time?

If that was the case, I am glad the academy followed the rules and didn't gave him any kind of special treatment for being a royal.

When told by the academy that he couldn’t get time off, he told people that “well, I’ll find a way”. So yes, I think that he definitely expected special treatment. Unfortunately.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »

Thank you Mariendk for the info.
I was wondering wxactly the same, what did he expect? I understand if someone finds out that glossology or mathematics is not for him/her but I suspect it's very different when someone decides to attend a military academy. It's very strange, to me, why did he chose it. Maybe he thought he ought to go on some kind of family tradition? Did his father attended a military accademy as a young man?

leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »

When told by the academy that he couldn’t get time off, he told people that “well, I’ll find a way”. So yes, I think that he definitely expected special treatment. Unfortunately.

I think he dropped out not only because the school didn't play ball but because his family either wouldn't  or couldn't exert any influence.

Many children of the great and the good in my neck of the woods resort to family clout if special treatment isn't forthcoming.

Nikolai should have taken a gap year instead and done a bit of growing up before he started his training. It would have done him good.
Mariendk

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »

I was wondering wxactly the same, what did he expect? I understand if someone finds out that glossology or mathematics is not for him/her but I suspect it's very different when someone decides to attend a military academy. It's very strange, to me, why did he chose it. Maybe he thought he ought to go on some kind of family tradition? Did his father attended a military accademy as a young man?

Nikolai himself has told that there was some kind of expectation from the family, that he would at least take the military drift. Alexandra then chimed in and told that is was more like a recommendation, but that it of course was up to him.

There’s definitely a family tradition for attending the military academy. You can read about Joachim’s military background here http://kongehuset.dk/en/t...-marie/hrh-prince-joachim Smiley.

I think he aimed too high, also. He should have taken the military draft, which is four months, instead of a two year education in a field you have absolutely no prior experience with. Then, after the four months, he could have decided to stay.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:33:57 PM by Mariendk » Logged
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2018, 03:40:12 PM »

Nikolai himself has told that there was some kind of expectation from the family, that he would at least take the military drift. Alexandra then chimed in and told that is was more like a recommendation, but that it of course was up to him.

There’s definitely a family tradition for attending the military academy. You can read about Joachim’s military background here http://kongehuset.dk/en/t...-marie/hrh-prince-joachim Smiley.

I think he aimed too high, also. He should have taken the military draft, which is four months, instead of a two year education in a field you have absolutely no prior experience with. Then, after the four months, he could have decided to stay.
Thank you for the link!
I see how it possibly went, I assume he felt "oblidged" to try. But his upbringing was very different from his father's childhood, from what I've read here, so I think it was natural for Nikolai to find it difficult to adgust himself in a military accademy.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »

I'm glad he did drop out, instead of pushing through with the tradition. It maybe an interruption, it maybe nothing at all for him. He is not in the line of succession, so he does not have to pretend to be a military guy.

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »

He behaved like an entitled, arrogant, spoilt brat when he was expecting to get off time for his modelling whenever he wanted. Sorry, this is usually not happening in the military. He should have either finished it without asking for special treatment or never started it. But this behaviour was just stupid and nothing I can respect.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »

I think he chose to go that way because he felt (or was made to feel) that it was expected of him. The DRF has little tradition of education sadly - Frederik (!) is the first royal born with a university degree and I think Nickolaj has ended up in an off situation because of it. He's obviously not going to become a farmer so what to do? Hopefully he'll take a break to reallu find out what he wants to do - and hopefully the DRF will have learned a lesson. Even though it's quite disappointing to to hear he may have asked for special treatment, I still feel a bit sorry for him. There's such a brief transition from being a child born into a family with public interest to now, where people discuss him as if he choose that life himself.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2018, 07:40:09 PM »

He behaved like an entitled, arrogant, spoilt brat when he was expecting to get off time for his modelling whenever he wanted. Sorry, this is usually not happening in the military. He should have either finished it without asking for special treatment or never started it. But this behaviour was just stupid and nothing I can respect.

How do we know it was because of modeling? That is pure speculation. Also what people relay from the military group he is in, has to be taken with a grain of salt.

A friend of a friend of a friend said......blablabla.

The only thing we know is that he dropped out. That's it.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #463 on: October 10, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »

How do we know it was because of modeling? That is pure speculation. Also what people relay from the military group he is in, has to be taken with a grain of salt.

A friend of a friend of a friend said......blablabla.

The only thing we know is that he dropped out. That's it.

ITA Peeds Star

His modeling career was actually a really smooth move IMO. I mean - he opened for Dior. Walked for Burberry. Not exactly catalog work Champagne
Mariendk

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »

I have never said that it was because of hus modelling career, just to make this clear.

But this is also not from a friend of a friend of a friend bla bla.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: