Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nikolai - NEWS  (Read 144881 times)
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2018, 10:44:42 PM »

I am glad that the academy didn’t bend the rules for a prince. Nikolai should have known better. The army is no joke.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »

He is 19 years old. He is far from the first 19 year old to follow a particular path after completing school and then come to the conclusion that it is not for him and quit to do something else, and he will not be the last. I went to University at 19 convinced I was going to major in one area and ended graduating in a completely different field because I changed my major after a semester.

He is also not the first 19 year old to have acted a bit spoiled or entitled if he did indeed do that. He is still finding his way and learning to navigate the world as an adult and while doing that, he has the added burden of public interest and a title he never asked for.

I am not going to write him off just yet.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »

He’s the child of his parents. Joachim insisted Felix was called “Prince Felix” in kindergarten.. so how he and Nikolai could or would grow up to act like Joe Normal is a mystery to me. Hopefully he will get better as he grows up. Likely.. he might not. He is a member of the DRF after all.

According to Svensk Damtidning (!) - quoting his first, real interview in Euroman - it sounds very much like he would have chosen differently and got to on the university his own but it was a “family wish” that he at least completed his conscription. So.. I think it’s quite good that he has stopped and I feel pity for him that he was put up to this since he was clearly aware that it wasn’t something for him.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:54:05 PM by Maria » Logged
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: October 11, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »

He ususally comes across as a very nice and caring kid. Chances are high that the military was just not for him. I was suprised that he chose that career and I can imagine there was some pressure put on. I hope he will find something he likes and he won't get criticized for that.
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: October 11, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

Why the army when you have opportunity of being a royal millennial ...the hottest fashion word's item right now (La dy Kitty Spencer docet) ?  IMO he did the right thing.
I think that he must hit the nail until this fascination with young minor royals lasts.....After that he is free to follows his interests because he is soooo young and he will have plenty of opportunities!!!Lucky him!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »

He ususally comes across as a very nice and caring kid. Chances are high that the military was just not for him. I was suprised that he chose that career and I can imagine there was some pressure put on. I hope he will find something he likes
Star
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2018, 01:45:00 AM »

It is really typical at that age to be unsure about what will work. I hope he realises that he needs more than his looks and title to have a fulfilled life and can find what he really wants to do.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: October 27, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »

It was a courageous decision when Prince Nikolai dropped the sailing school in Varde. That's what Prince Joachim says now.

On October 10, the royal house announced that Prince Nikolai stopped his education for reserve officers at Hærens Sergentskole. Thus, he achieved only two months of the two-year education.

Now his dad puts his thoughts for the first time on the son's descent of a military education.

- "Prince Nikolai has taken a very courageous and mature decision", said Prince Joachim to TVSyd, refusing to be disappointed with his elder son's choice.

- "He has spoken to the old colonel and his young father, and therefore I stand him one hundred percent", said Prince Joachim, who himself is trained in the military.

- "You are not disappointed?"

-"No", said the prince

For 18 years, Prince Joachim has been the patron of Denmark's Veterans, and it was during the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Soldiers' Association of De Blå Baretter that he expressed his thoughts about his son's career change.

As late as July, Prince Nikolai told the magazine Euroman that there was a wish in the family that he went to the military road.

- "There was a wish in the family that I certainly took the military duty in there. Then I thought that I would build on with a little further military training", the prince told the magazine.

anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: October 27, 2018, 11:35:06 PM »

Well, it certainly takes courage to go against the wishes of your family when you’re 18. I’m sure it was tough, and having to do it in the public eye is even tougher.
EstellesBows

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: October 28, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »

Well, it certainly takes courage to go against the wishes of your family when you’re 18. I’m sure it was tough, and having to do it in the public eye is even tougher.

I agree.

And I hope this has taught Jokke a valuable lesson going forward with his 3 other children - don't push them into something they are unsure about.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: October 28, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »

I agree.

And I hope this has taught Jokke a valuable lesson going forward with his 3 other children - don't push them into something they are unsure about.

Maybe Nikolai thought he’d like it but discovered it wasn’t for him anyway? He wouldn’t be the first person experiencing this.

I doubt he was forced into it.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »

ITA Harley - there's no way of knowing. OTOH I feel genuinely sorry for the whole family because the tabs are having a field day with this, claiming it's all about Joachim/Alexandra/Nikolai being to blame. Poor kid.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #477 on: October 30, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »

Supposedly Nikolai has signed a contract with Dior. That’s quite a scoop if it’s true.

ETA: well, he did. Wow!
https://www.instagram.com...DNG/?taken-by=scoopmodels
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:38 PM »

Supposedly Nikolai has signed a contract with Dior. That’s quite a scoop if it’s true.

Cousin Olympia must be very jealous.  He's actually got the looks and talent required to become a model.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #479 on: October 30, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »

The designer tagged Nikolai on Instagram. Whoops. But good networking skills Beer

https://www.instagram.com...lzM5/?taken-by=mrkimjones
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: