Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nik & Tatiana - NEWS  (Read 154832 times)
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2016, 03:27:40 AM »

When they first came I have read in greek gossip sites that they bought it. I haven't read if they have moved to an other house.
But even if they have simply rented... how on earth?!?!?!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2016, 06:59:50 PM »

When they first came I have read in greek gossip sites that they bought it. I haven't read if they have moved to an other house.
But even if they have simply rented... how on earth?!?!?!

I read on the Greek sites (via translator, since I don't speak Greek) and on TRF that they rented it from that guy.  I know....I find it so ironic that he would rent a property to them. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2016, 06:05:26 AM »

September 14
Nik and Tatiana attended a session in the context of the fourth annual Athens Democracy Forum, at Zappeion hall.

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2016, 11:10:16 PM »

She looks good  Thumb up He aged a lot  Shocked

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2016, 01:24:38 AM »

do we know, or have evidence that she speeks Greek?

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:36 AM »

Occasionaly, in this forum, I learn things about my country that otherwise I wouldn't have any idea about. No one mentioned this in tv/radio/sites.
As no one had mentioned the visit of our President in The Netherlands.

On topic, they both look good. I would suppose that these fora/meetings etc are very boring for Tatiana but she always seems very interested.

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2016, 07:16:53 PM »

http://www.tovima.gr/vima...views/article/?aid=850469
Tatiana's interview in Greek, it was published on a newspaper yesterday (11/12). I put the link here and I'll translate it probably tomorrow night. It answers PeDe's question if she speaks Greek - she says she learns every day but she doesn't say if she attends a course or if it's because of the daily contact with Greek people.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2016, 07:24:01 PM »

http://www.tovima.gr/vima...views/article/?aid=850469
Tatiana's interview in Greek, it was published on a newspaper yesterday (11/12). I put the link here and I'll translate it probably tomorrow night. It answers PeDe's question if she speaks Greek - she says she learns every day but she doesn't say if she attends a course or if it's because of the daily contact with Greek people.

Did she give the interview in Greek? 

Good for her for continuing to study it.  It's a shame that MC stopped trying to learn it. 
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »

I have the impression that it was originally in english because she said she can't attend thetrical plays because of the language, but it's not clarified if the whole interview was in greek in english or in a different language.

MC didn't have to learn. Despite she is a "crown princess" and as a matter of respect she should have but, actually, doesn't need to.

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »

Tatiana's interview: http://www.tovima.gr/vima...views/article/?aid=850469
(part 1, translated here)

Q: I would like you to talk to me about the '80s.
A: I was really very young during the '80s.

Q: You were born in August 27th, 1980.
A: At Caracas, Venezuela.

Q: Which are your first memories?
A: I have very vague memories from Venezuela, I was still a kid when we moved in Switzerland, in the Alpes.

Q: In which city?
A: Gstaad. This is where I grew up. I attended an international school at Saanen, close to Gstaad.

Q: There were a strict educational system?
A: Not really. It was an american school. I learnt english very quickly. We had many sports. After this, I attended a british high school, Aiglon College boarding school , 1250 m high in the Alpes, close to the Chesi?res village, and that was a very strict school.

Q: Have you grown up with your mother?
A: Yes, I lost my father when I was 7 years old.

Q: Your mother's name is Marie Blanche Brillembourg and has german origins. Your maternal granmother is Countess Ellinka von Einsiedel whose origins are from Hesse wich is connected with Danmark's king Frederic V. Apart from your title because of your marriage, you have an aristocratic background on your own. Did you grow up with a sence of being privileged?
A: I haven't grow up with the idea that I'm above other people neither I feel this way. On the contrary, I grew up in the multicultural society of Switzerland; I leatnt to appreciate the dissimilarity and singularity that characterise all of us. I was lucky enough to travel a lot, this way I've met many and different people from a very early age.

Q: Do you have sibilngs?
A: Yes, I have a brother. I also have 3 half-siblings. All together we're 5. Everyone is in a different place on earth.

Q: Do you keep in contact with your siblings?
A: I was always close to all of them. One of the features of greek culture I have appriciated and adopted is the sense of family. How close the members of a family are. Because of this, I suggested to my mother to organise a meeting with all of us in Greece, last summer. We spent two great weeks in Antiparos. It's the 1st time we do something like this since we were kids.

Q: In wich fields you were most interested during your Univercity years?
A: I studied in the Department of Social Scinces at Georgetown University, Washington. I particularly liked sociology and theater. I have participated in several plays in high school.

Q: Tell me one of the characters you've portrayed.
A: I've played Gwendolen in Oscar Wilde's play "The Importance of Being Earnest". I love Oscar Wilde's corpus.

Q: Do you watch thetrical plays in Athens?
A: No, because of the language.

Q: But you learn greek.
A: Yes, I do all the time. I'm becoming better as the time goes by but you'll agree it's a difficult language.

Q: Do you like Greece?
A: I'm in love with Greece!

Q: You came here in 2013, when many Greek people decided to leave. How did yoy take this decision?
A: It was a dream for Nicolaos, to move here. As for me, after 10 years in London, I was ready for a change.

Q: When did you meet Prince Nicolaos?
A: In 2001.

Q: Was it love at first sight?
A: Yes, it was but, there were a long period of flirting. He was very kind to me. He approached me very romantically. I was still in Washington. He was on London. We were sending letters to each other, we probalby weren't very familiar with the e-mails!

Q: When did you move in London?
A: In 2003. I was already 3,5 years at Washington. My brother is still there with his family.

I'll translate the rest of it tomorrow!

lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: December 14, 2016, 04:13:01 AM »

Another great post, Onar. I sure appreciate you being so kind to provide your translation skills in these Greek topics. Many thanks to you.  Star

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: December 14, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »

Another great post, Onar. I sure appreciate you being so kind to provide your translation skills in these Greek topics. Many thanks to you.  Star
oooh! Blush
thank you lellobeetle!
I was thinking about the translation for a long time, because I read this forum almost a year and a half and I understand there was lack of access in greek reports about the greek royal family.
I'll be back in a few hours with the rest of the interview!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2016, 02:03:50 PM »

oooh! Blush
thank you lellobeetle!
I was thinking about the translation for a long time, because I read this forum almost a year and a half and I understand there was lack of access in greek reports about the greek royal family.
I'll be back in a few hours with the rest of the interview!

Hug Thank you very much Onar!
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »

Hug Thank you very much Onar!
You're welcome!!! Champagne

onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: December 14, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »

Tatiana's interview, part 2

Q: In London, you work with fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg.
A: Yes, in the PR department of the company.

Q: Describe DFV. She's an international person. She was in Time's list with the 100 most powerfull women in 2015.
A: I love her very much, she's a mentor to me. She's a woman who inspires and encouraging everyone around her. She taught me a lot about life and work. She taught a lot about how to feel strong as a woman. I worked 6 years with her and for this I'm gratefull.

Q: How did you meet her?
A: I've known her for a long time. Our lives has been crossed over many times. When she was 18, she was in a relationship with my father. Life take some people away from you and then again you're reunited with them. She's a wonderfull woman.

Q: Do you keep in contact?
A: Of course, She's a part of the book "A Τaste of Greece". She loves greek food, greek culture and greek light. She talks a lot about the greek light. She often visits the islands, she knows mythology and the country thrills her. In the book, she's written two greek recipes she likes, lamb with garlic, and potatos with lemon juice in the oven and grilled octapus.

Q: Had you visited Greece before you met Nicolaos?
A: Yes, as a child, in 1986. We had visited several islands in Cyclades. I remember most clearly the bees and the wonderful honey.

Q: And when was the next time you visited the country?
A: It was 2003 when I returned to Greece with Nicolaos. It was a trip full of emotions. Nicolaos wanted to see as much as possible, we went to Folegandros and to other islands as well. We spent a week at Mani. We visited the mainland too, we stayed at Thessaloniki. This is how I learnt the country through his eyes.

Q: Your wedding came later.
A: It was August 25th, 2010, at Spetses.

Q: Many women who follow their housbands in Greece don't develop such warm feelings. Some of them anticipate to return back to America or Europe.
A: For me it is true love what I feel for Greece. My passions are cooking, pure ingredients, culture, History and this country is uncomparable in all of these. I can't get enough. I travel with Nicolaos in all over the country, in places he photographs.

Q: You're reffering to his known hobby with photography?
A: Of course. Now he is envolved professionally, along with his other occupations. He jas already organised two exhibitions: November of 2015 at Chsistie's, London and March of 2016 at Doha, Catar. We travel a lot because of his photographic projects. He photographs mostly of landscapes. he captures the light.  His goal is always the light. The uncomparable light of Greece.

Q: Describe a usual day in your life.
A: It's full of projects and it starts very early while I took Rumi for a walk, with Nicolaos, at Penteli mountain, near to our house. It's an hour we share together, devoted to each other. Since 10 o'clock until late in the afternoon the day is full of meetings, always with interesting people and about interesting projects. At the end of the day I'm usually in the kitchen, where I can relax. Cooking is a kind of therapy for me.

Q: How do you feel to bare the title of the Princess?
A: I don't feel different but I see it as a chance to offer. To unify your power with other people's power and organise initiatives in order to support people in need in the coutry and at the same time advertise Greece's advantages globally.

Q: You support some philanthropic initiatives. Tell me about "Boroume" (we can).
A: Do you know how much food ends up in the garbages and at the same time how many people don't have access to food? This situation is what we try to fight/reduce.  It's a civil, non-profit company which has been founded in January 2012 by Ksenia Papastavros, Alexandros Theodorides and Alexia Moatsos.

Q: What exactly do you do with "Boroume"?
A: With a call, taverns, restaurants, bakeries, groceries' stores, citizens with food leftovers or excess of fresh fruits and vegetables that won't be sold the next day, can contact us and and through us with an orphanage, a retirement home, a school for kids with special needs, or with a family in need. We ensure the contact between them and they go on withour our help.

Q: Are there countable resaults?
A: More than 9.000.000 portions of food had been shared during the last 5 years. Think about it. It's high quality food that would end up in the garbages because of oversupply. Instead had supported and support so many people.

Q: It's a clever and successful initiative.
A: Yes, and it's an honor for me to work with them. An other initiative in which I participate is "Elpida Youth". Along with Marianna Goulandris and Laoura Lalaounis and along with a team of young members who are restless, we founded the new department of Elpida foundation, "Elpida Youth". We focus in the emotional health of kids with cancer, as we continue the work of mrs Marianna Vardinogiannis.

Q: And what about Yoleni's?
A: It's a platform in internet that provides greek goods, oil, herbs, sweets, cheeses in all over the world and already has it's first store at Kolonaki, in the beggining of Solono's street. With the excuse of the greek version of the book "A Taste of Greece", we have created a series of  different basket-gifts with greek products and they can be sent all around the globe. Part of this income, supports Boroume.

Q: I think there is one more initiative you have started...
A: Indeed, along with my two partners Christina Filiagkouridou and Elina Sbokou, we founded TRIA ETC, a company that takes advantage of talents, skills, creations of craftsmen from all over the country that they are involved with art but have a special perspective and approach at it. We cooperate with them and with famous designers, creating mostly accessories and usefull objects for daily use in the house, products that are not coming from massing production's units but they are handmade, they combine tradion with nowadays and have a story to tell about places and traditions in Greece. For us, these collaborations and creations are a way to promote Greece abroad.

Q: And now we have the book "A Τaste of Greece" that is already published in english by the german publing house teNeues and it's about to be published in greek under the title "Tastes of Greece - Recipes and memories" by Militos publishing house. Is it a cook book?
A: It's a book about cooking, culture and personalities that unified international known persons  as the Indian maestro Zubin Mehta, but also Greek people with great careers abroad as the president of 20th Century Fox, Jim Gianopulos. We asked them to write what Greece means to them, their favourite memories from the country and their favourite recipes. All of them share a common: their love for Greece.

Q: Tough task. And a collectible book. Not to mention that it is a very special cook book. I particularly liked the photos of the foods, by Antonis Mitsopoulos, and the photos of the greek landscapes, 19 of them by Prince Nicolaos.
Α: I see you read it carefully. American writer and gastronomy journalist Diana Farr Louis, who lives in Greece many years, has co-curated the book. It's an impecable resault. it's a proof that Greece, its coulture and traditions inspire people from all over the world and how, if we unify our powers, we can provide its uncomparable advantages abroad. And, of course, a beautiful portrait of greek gastronomy.

Q: Do you cook a lot?
A: Of course. I love cooking. As I say, food is a reflection of ourselves. What and how we eat is connected with the life we want to live.

Q: What is the life we want to live?
A: As I've written in the book, greek cuisine is simple, but not simplistic, humble but attractive, original and always in process - and it taught me a lesson. That you don't have to hide what you are behind needless glamorization.

Q: Have you cooked the recipes mentioned in the book?
A: Most of them, yes. I like cook using local, fresh, healthy products. I always say that greek olive oil and honey are "my liquid gold".

Q: Do you cook for your houseband?
A: Absoloutely and, I tell you, I cook almost daily. I usually don't cook complicated recipes but I insist in simple recipes, yet wonderful because the quality of the products is wonderful. I like cooking for a family dinner.

Q: To whom, from Nicolaos family, you're more close?
I'm lucky because I'm close to all of them.

Q: Do you feel, possibly, vulnerable in Greece because of the controversial attitude of the vox pop towards the ex royal family?
First of all, I would like to tell you it's a great honour that I'm a member of my houseband's family. I Greece, I've only felt hospitality. Everewhere I go, people expresse positive feelings to me. As for my, I consider myself as a citizen of the world. My mother is from Germany, my father from Slovenia, I was born in Venezuela and I grew up in Switzerland studying in international schools, thus I feel comfortable in every country.  But, now, I'm creating roots in Greece. It's not only I respect Greece, I don't simply like it but it has earned me, it makes me feel enchanted. I have very strong feelings for this country and through the initiaties I work with wonderfull people and I'm bonding even more with Greece. People here are open and warm and I'm gratefull for the way they have embranced me.

Q: Someone could argue we are open and warm but also we are indiscreet, stubborn and babbler. Don't these bother you?
A: Look, I was born in Venezuela; it may was for a short time period before we move ton Switzerland but latin spirit is a feature of mine and joy and noise don't bother me at all, on the contrary it makes me feel I'm home. Having said that, I appreciate Greek people and whatever it comes with them, the sense of company and the expanded family.

The last two paragraphs are about some of the recipes from the book. I haven't translated them

My opinion in this interview: she says a lot and she says nothing about her private life and her relations with the other members of the grf. I would like to learn more but she does well keeping them private. And I think we don't need ministry for tourism Tongue . We have Tatiana who seems to have taken very seriously her role as a promoter of the country, we definetely need this and seems to do great job. I haven't read any interview ofher in foreign magazines, I hope she support the country equally strong as I saw here, because we know we are all these things, good and bad, but other people, outside the country, have to learn this too.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:31:14 PM by onar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: