Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloucester Family - NEWS  (Read 130640 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »

I always thought it interesting that not only was the current Prince William named in honor of him, he looks quite a bit like him also. Something about the facial structure, length, etc.

And it's not as much of a stretch when you consider that the Bowes-Lyonses, Spencers and Montagu-Scotts were all interrelated.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »

I always thought it interesting that not only was the current Prince William named in honor of him, he looks quite a bit like him also. Something about the facial structure, length, etc.

And it's not as much of a stretch when you consider that the Bowes-Lyonses, Spencers and Montagu-Scotts were all interrelated.

I had the same idea, looking at more pictures of William of Gloucester. That in some pictures he showed similarities with prince Horse.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »

Prince William of Gloucester

Oh yum. See, this is what happens when you inject (extra) Scottish blood into the RF line  Wink

Well the Scottish blood injection by the Queen mum didn't last long Sad

It's worked for Eugenie!  She even looks a bit like the Queen Mum.  Eug seems to be the only one who benefited from the Scottish genes.

Prince William was a handsome man.  Richard was a handsome man as well but his older brother shone much more.  It is so sad that he died so young but his younger brother has done a fine job of carrying on the Gloucester Dukedom and the current Duchess is an asset to the RF. 

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2015, 10:08:53 AM »

Pity that the Prince William,  named after this dashing Cartland style hero hasn't inherited a)his looks or b) his charisma  Angel

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Badger

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »

I'm guessing that picture was taken when he was in the bloom of youth - teens or early 20's.  Who knows what he would have looked like when he got older.

I've always liked The Gloucesters. 
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2015, 05:17:14 AM »

I'm guessing that picture was taken when he was in the bloom of youth - teens or early 20's.  Who knows what he would have looked like when he got older.

He would still be dashing, here's in his 30s:

The second was taken a month before his death.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »

At least he still had a full head of hair....unlike his namesake  Angel

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her bestó you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2015, 08:31:21 PM »

For UK residents there's a documentary about him on Thursday night on Channel Four called "The Other Prince William".

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2015, 06:22:21 AM »

At least he still had a full head of hair....unlike his namesake  Angel

Star Debbie, zing you win a star!  Wink

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
anastasia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2015, 07:24:58 AM »

I wonder what it must have been like for William's younger brother, Richard, when William died. Obviously it was horrible on a purely personal level, but the current Duke was planning on being an architect and by all accounts was a shyer, less "glamorous" person. Then his brother dies tragically and he is bumped up in line. I really think that the Duke of Gloucester has taken on his role with dignity and class, and since he was not "trained" for it, I give him extra credit for his efforts over these many years.
mjkimura1976

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:57 PM »

I give you a  Star for your wonderful comments.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »

I wonder what it must have been like for William's younger brother, Richard, when William died. Obviously it was horrible on a purely personal level, but the current Duke was planning on being an architect and by all accounts was a shyer, less "glamorous" person. Then his brother dies tragically and he is bumped up in line. I really think that the Duke of Gloucester has taken on his role with dignity and class, and since he was not "trained" for it, I give him extra credit for his efforts over these many years.
ITA. And I think Birgitte has also been a tremendous help and support to him. The Gloucesters are pure class.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »

For UK residents there's a documentary about him on Thursday night on Channel Four called "The Other Prince William".

Does it touch on the fact he had porphyria?

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »

Does it touch on the fact he had porphyria?
No idea. I'll report back if I get a chance to watch it. I think it tells the story of his relationship with a Hungarian divorcee, which wasn't exactly met with great joy by his family.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
schmichaelira
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2015, 04:59:37 AM »

Biography of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester!!!!
http://geekyroyalresearch...ichard-of-gloucester.html

I am geekyroyalaficionado on instagram&youtube
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: