Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloucester Family - NEWS  (Read 122603 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »

you are very welcome!  Hug

EstherA  Star and Cloaked  Star

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

You are welcome DowntownTO  Star and it's so good to see you

Thank you!

I'm very interested in the archaeological investigation into the whereabouts of Richard III's grave. I'll try to post a link to an article - I've never done that before, so, as the old song says, "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye . . ."  .

OK, here it is:  http://www.telegraph.co.u...n-the-Hunchback-King.html

well, it worked  JumpingStar when time is up)

and it's interesting how he is described...would not have guessed form the photo

Portraits portray the 32-year-old ruler as deformed and ugly; Shakespeare, in his 1591 play Richard III, describes the king as a “poisonous bunch-backed toad”, a demonic womaniser and a coward.

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »

Thanks PeDe (24h) and Esther  Star  Beer

Williams story is so sad  Sad When he died his father, suffering from a stroke, didn´t realized it.

Everyone who says Willy Wales looks like William - ehh, no  Angel
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 10:33:24 PM »

Davina and Gary - I assume that´s his son?

Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »

Tane Mahuta Lewis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tāne_Mahuta

Yummy Gary & Davina's son's name.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »

Tane Mahuta Lewis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tāne_Mahuta

Yummy Gary & Davina's son's name.

Star great find, I like the name beacause of the meaning behind it.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

You are welcome DowntownTO  Star and it's so good to see you

Thank you!

I'm very interested in the archaeological investigation into the whereabouts of Richard III's grave. I'll try to post a link to an article - I've never done that before, so, as the old song says, "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye . . ."   .

OK, here it is:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9497082/Digging-for-dirt-on-the-Hunchback-King.html

Update: if you haven't been following this, exciting things have been happening. The archaeologists have succeeded in finding the Grey Friars church where Richard was buried; and they've found a skeleton which is a strong contender to be Richard's. It's male; it has skull damage consistent with historical accounts of the injuries which caused his death; aaaaaAAANND, the skeleton has severe scoliosis! It will take about 3 months to do conclusive DNA testing, but everyone involved in the dig is popping out of their skin with excitement.

Here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.u...lieve-archaeologists.html
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:34 PM »

Thank you!

I'm very interested in the archaeological investigation into the whereabouts of Richard III's grave. I'll try to post a link to an article - I've never done that before, so, as the old song says, "Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye . . ."   .

OK, here it is:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9497082/Digging-for-dirt-on-the-Hunchback-King.html

Update: if you haven't been following this, exciting things have been happening. The archaeologists have succeeded in finding the Grey Friars church where Richard was buried; and they've found a skeleton which is a strong contender to be Richard's. It's male; it has skull damage consistent with historical accounts of the injuries which caused his death; aaaaaAAANND, the skeleton has severe scoliosis! It will take about 3 months to do conclusive DNA testing, but everyone involved in the dig is popping out of their skin with excitement.

This is really quite exciting, isn't it? I love stuff like this, finding lost places and people in history. Smiley

I am curious, however, if whether this is Richard, and they inter him in a royal vault (whether at Windsor, or Fotheringhay where his mother is buried, will they lay him to proper rest in a Catholic service? After all, at the time he died, the CoE was still about a hundred years off...

(does this deserve its own thread?)

DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 01:15:27 AM »

I've been thinking about the same thing, Lady A. He was buried in a Catholic church so I assume that he had a Catholic service at the time, although someone better informed historically might correct me on that. If there's a religious service this time it will probably be C of E but IMO it would certainly be a good thing if the relevant Catholic authorities took part as well.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 01:17:16 AM »

Thank you!

Now that is exciting royal news! Star
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »

Oh yum, we have a Gloucester thread.

William of Gloucester was hot, I'd definitely cuddle him.

I know one of Alice's godchildren and he said that by the end she was a tragic sight, dementia is such a cruel disease. You can tell she has aristocratic lineage, she's so poised and appropriate for every situation.

DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »

Thanks, TLLK, and here's one for you  Star . Your  Star to me doesn't appear to have registered. Did you click the "add" under my reputation? I need all of these I can get  .
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 06:17:33 AM »

good to see you again Downtown  Star  Hug

Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 03:15:03 PM »

Senna and Tane definitely have the "trendiest" names in the extended family.  They are even more "out-there" than Savannah.  I wonder what Tane looks like as Senna is adorable.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

good to see you again Downtown  Star  Hug

Thanks, PeDe  Star  Beer . This is a fun thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: