Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloucester Family - NEWS  (Read 122602 times)
Badger

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2019, 03:20:53 AM »

Richard's father also died at a relatively young age, just a couple of years before his oldest son William (who was Duke of Gloucester at his death) was killed. Being a shy a retiring person, Richard didn't want to have a royal role yet it was forced on him by his brother's death. At a young age and with a young family Richard had to pick up the reins of the family business and did an admirable job of running the estate and taking care of his widowed mother for years.

Prince Henry died in his 80s, so I wouldn't exactly say that was at a "young age" Grin Although, yes, a relatively young age compared to his wife Alice!
Prince Henry was born in 1900 and died in 1974 so he was only around 74 when he died.  Also, Prince William died in 1972, two years before his father.  Sadly, Prince Henry had been incapacitated by a stroke and was not able to attend the funeral. I don't believe Richard and Birgitte had children until after he had succeeded his father although obviously she would have at least been pregnant since their son was born in 1974.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2019, 03:26:24 AM »

Richard's father also died at a relatively young age, just a couple of years before his oldest son William (who was Duke of Gloucester at his death) was killed. Being a shy a retiring person, Richard didn't want to have a royal role yet it was forced on him by his brother's death. At a young age and with a young family Richard had to pick up the reins of the family business and did an admirable job of running the estate and taking care of his widowed mother for years.

Prince Henry died in his 80s, so I wouldn't exactly say that was at a "young age" Grin Although, yes, a relatively young age compared to his wife Alice!
Prince Henry was born in 1900 and died in 1974 so he was only around 74 when he died.  Also, Prince William died in 1972, two years before his father.  Sadly, Prince Henry had been incapacitated by a stroke and was not able to attend the funeral. I don't believe Richard and Birgitte had children until after he had succeeded his father although obviously she would have at least been pregnant since their son was born in 1974.

Bwahaha, you're right! OMG, looooool. He and the duchess were both much older parents than their peers. Thank you so much for the correction and laugh!  Star
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2019, 03:45:31 AM »

Actually he died at 74, having been paralyzed by a stroke 2 years earlier. Very hard for the family when William was killed at age 30. But the couple are to be commended for their exemplary behaviour over the years. Their children also appear to lead successful lives, and seem like down to earth people, a real credit to their parents. The Duchess is a real gem.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2019, 04:47:12 AM »

I wonder if their son-in-law was also there.  We haven't seen him in ages.

I think they are divorced or separated.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2019, 09:16:59 AM »

I think they are divorced or separated.

Is it this couple? Lady Davina and Gary Lewis divorced last year
http://www.noblesseetroya...e-de-lady-davina-windsor/
It says cultural differences caused separation.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:10 AM »

DM has an article with confirmation from BP that they divorced last year

https://www.dailymail.co....shearer-husband-ends.html
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »

Aaw no more Gorgeous Gary on the TTC balcony 😔 On  serious note though,  very sad for them and their family but I hope things are amicable and they are able to raise their family in peace.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »

That's a sad news. The article says the split is amicable though.

And as you say too bad, no more gorgeous Kiwi on the balcony  Blush
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2019, 12:56:44 PM »

Prince Williams of Gloucester died before his father.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2019, 10:44:17 AM »

That is sad to hear. I remember really liking their wedding and admiring how low key they kept their lives.  Good luck to both of them.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »

Totally missed the news of the divorce of Lady Davina and Gary Lewis.....

https://www.express.co.uk...marriage-gary-lewis-split
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »

That's a sad news. The article says the split is amicable though.

And as you say too bad, no more gorgeous Kiwi on the balcony  Blush

Amicable enough that it has not come to light until now. Sad, especially for the kids, but good for them for no fuss on either side.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »

Maybe it's just the angle, the way he's walking, something...  the duke of Gloucester at today's Luxembourg funeral looked really thin.  His trousers look much too big.  I hope it's nothing.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »

He didn't look his usual put together self at the ANZAC Day service - although I put that down to doing the Dawn Service as well as the later two events. But he certainly doesn't look his usual self today either.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »

Maybe it's just the angle, the way he's walking, something...  the duke of Gloucester at today's Luxembourg funeral looked really thin.  His trousers look much too big.  I hope it's nothing.

When you age you lose muscle tone and weight.. the aristocracy buy new formal suits once every 20 years ....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: