Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gloucester Family - NEWS  (Read 130642 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »

February 6

The Duke of Gloucester, Chancellor of @worcester_uni, officially opened the university’s Art House.

The art deco building, with its distinctive clock tower, was designed and built in 1939 as a car showroom for Lord Austin of Austin Motors.

The Duke takes an active interest in architecture - and many of his Patronages are related to architecture and conservation.

The Duke of Gloucester finishes his day of visits in Worcester yesterday at SPIN UK, who design, manufacture and commission special purpose test systems for industrial and automotive testing.

February 7

The Duke and The Duchess of Gloucester attended the New Zealand Society’s #WaitangiDay Church Service at St Lawrence Jewry in London

Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »

I wonder if their son-in-law was also there.  We haven't seen him in ages.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »

February 6

February 7

The Duke and The Duchess of Gloucester attended the New Zealand Society’s #WaitangiDay Church Service at St Lawrence Jewry in London

She's such a stylish lady

Cool your jets, everyone
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »

I didn't know this thread existed, thank you for posting today's events DoS! Star

Birgitte is a 100% class act and always has been. She is a textbook example of how HM probably wishes all married-ins would behave. There has never been a drop of scandal attached to her and she has led a quiet life of duty to the Crown.

She's the real deal, a very well educated lady (she and the Duke met in college) with a genuinely caring heart. Plus she's really 100% every day of the week vegetarian, take that Imelda! Also, the Gloucester jewels are to die for and she wears them frequently and well.

I often wonder what she thinks of these new ladies in the family, the last two must at least get a bemused smile out of her sometimes. But she'd be too much of a lady to admit it Spiteful
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »

A lovely lady and a discreet family  Thumb up Thumb up
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »

February 19

The Duchess of Gloucester officially opened the Basketmakers’ Company Trade Fair in London.

HRH met with some of the 40 basketmakers exhibiting, demonstrating and selling their work at the Fair, which marked 450 years of the Basketmakers’ Company.

The Duchess is Honorary Liveryman of the Company, an organisation which has supported the ancient craft of basketmaking since 1569.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2019, 11:06:59 PM »

February 27

The Duchess of Gloucester officially opened the new Greenham Trust Wing at West Berkshire Community Hospital.

HRH met with staff and patients receiving care at the new Wing, and learnt more about the services, care and support on offer. 

Before departure, The Duchess was presented with a posy by Mrs Peggy McCartney, who has been receiving haemodialysis at the hospital since 2012.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »

...Birgitte is a 100% class act and always has been.
ITA. The Duke, too. They do "royaling" right Thumb up
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »

I wonder how often Birgitte is in Denmark. I know she is from Odense and I have lived in Odense for 25 years. I have never heard people talk about her and if I ask no one has ever heard of her.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2019, 11:28:47 PM »

Absolutely, I totally agree. Plus they've had some real tragedy in their lives, yet continued to behave with grace. I'm sorry to see this steady, dutiful attitude become the exception and not the rule. Crap

I wonder how often Birgitte is in Denmark. I know she is from Odense and I have lived in Odense for 25 years. I have never heard people talk about her and if I ask no one has ever heard of her.

Interesting question Lille. I guess since it's been about 50 years since she's lived in Odense it might just be that people who knew of her are gone now. Younger generations wouldn't have a clue who she was I'd imagine, unfortunately.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2019, 11:55:02 PM »

Absolutely, I totally agree. Plus they've had some real tragedy in their lives, yet continued to behave with grace. I'm sorry to see this steady, dutiful attitude become the exception and not the rule. Crap

Interesting question Lille. I guess since it's been about 50 years since she's lived in Odense it might just be that people who knew of her are gone now. Younger generations wouldn't have a clue who she was I'd imagine, unfortunately.

Hey KC!  Is the tragedy you speak of the premature death of the duke’s brother or is there something else?
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2019, 02:04:49 AM »

Hey KC!  Is the tragedy you speak of the premature death of the duke’s brother or is there something else?

Richard's father also died at a relatively young age, just a couple of years before his oldest son William (who was Duke of Gloucester at his death) was killed. Being a shy a retiring person, Richard didn't want to have a royal role yet it was forced on him by his brother's death. At a young age and with a young family Richard had to pick up the reins of the family business and did an admirable job of running the estate and taking care of his widowed mother for years.
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2019, 02:28:37 AM »

Richard's father also died at a relatively young age, just a couple of years before his oldest son William (who was Duke of Gloucester at his death) was killed. Being a shy a retiring person, Richard didn't want to have a royal role yet it was forced on him by his brother's death. At a young age and with a young family Richard had to pick up the reins of the family business and did an admirable job of running the estate and taking care of his widowed mother for years.

Prince Henry died in his 80s, so I wouldn't exactly say that was at a "young age" Grin Although, yes, a relatively young age compared to his wife Alice!
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2019, 02:38:31 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up!  Hug
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up!  Hug

You're welcome my dear! Alice Montagu-Douglas was a fascinating woman and strong feminist from the beginning of the Women's Movement. She traveled in Africa and lead quite an unusual life for a woman of her time. Beer
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: