Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paralympics Opening Ceremony 29th August 2012  (Read 15860 times)
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »

Anyone have any details yet?

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »

Coe also revealed details of the Paralympics opening ceremony, after the first full dress rehearsal on Sunday night. The rehearsal was brought forward by 24 hours due to fears about heavy rain. Organisers hope the three-hour ceremony will not be affected by adverse weather.

The ceremony, directed by Jenny Sealey and Bradley Hemmings, will feature more than 3,000 volunteers including 50 disabled performers who have been learning circus skills from scratch. The athletes will come in earlier than during the Olympics opening ceremony, sitting on the track to form part of the audience.

Coe said the show, titled Enlightenment, was more thoughtful than the action-packed opening hour of Danny Boyle's rapturously received Isles of Wonder extravaganza. "I really like it. It focuses on that extraordinary period in European history and the great intellectual revolution that took place between 1550 and 1720. Everything from Newton making sense of gravity and motion to Napier with logarithms and Harvey with blood circulation.

"It's really about ceilings, about human understanding, about limitations and the importance of knowledge. Within that period some quite profound things were being said about the rights of man. You can probably gather what it's trying to say."

The same Thomas Heatherwick-designed cauldron used during the Olympics will be used for the Paralympics, but only 166 of its 205 "petals" will be inscribed, reflecting the smaller number of competing countries
http://www.guardian.co.uk...pics-tv-deals-ticket-rush

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
tatty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »

Coe also revealed details of the Paralympics opening ceremony, after the first full dress rehearsal on Sunday night. The rehearsal was brought forward by 24 hours due to fears about heavy rain. Organisers hope the three-hour ceremony will not be affected by adverse weather.

The ceremony, directed by Jenny Sealey and Bradley Hemmings, will feature more than 3,000 volunteers including 50 disabled performers who have been learning circus skills from scratch. The athletes will come in earlier than during the Olympics opening ceremony, sitting on the track to form part of the audience.

Coe said the show, titled Enlightenment, was more thoughtful than the action-packed opening hour of Danny Boyle's rapturously received Isles of Wonder extravaganza. "I really like it. It focuses on that extraordinary period in European history and the great intellectual revolution that took place between 1550 and 1720. Everything from Newton making sense of gravity and motion to Napier with logarithms and Harvey with blood circulation.

"It's really about ceilings, about human understanding, about limitations and the importance of knowledge. Within that period some quite profound things were being said about the rights of man. You can probably gather what it's trying to say."

The same Thomas Heatherwick-designed cauldron used during the Olympics will be used for the Paralympics, but only 166 of its 205 "petals" will be inscribed, reflecting the smaller number of competing countries
http://www.guardian.co.uk...pics-tv-deals-ticket-rush

I thought they might have reduced the time but hopefully it'll be a good show with no rainfall.

I'll get teary eyed though when I see some of them, the hurdles some of them overcome really affects me.

MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »

Margriet of Holland is to attend the Paralympics stuff.  Margriet seems to do some of the difficult duties in that family while Maxi goes skinning she teeth all over the place at much easier public duties.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »

http://www.visitlondon.co...alympics-opening-ceremony

Cheer on the competitors at the eagerly-awaited Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. The ceremony starts at 8.30pm BST. If you're watching at home, the coverage begins on Channel 4, More4 and Ch4 Paralympics 1 at 8pm.

Almost a month since the start of Olympic action, the eyes of the world will continue to be on London as the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Paralympic Games takes place in the Olympic Stadium.

Award-winning film director Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot) heads the team behind the ceremony, which has a cast of over 3,000 volunteers, rehabilitating soldiers, children and professionals.

Called "Enlightenment", the programme celebrates the inclusivity of the Paralympics, including a fly past by "Aerobility" and incredible acrobatic performances on a 35 metre-high rig above the stadium floor.

Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »

Thanks for the updates, Miss Waynfleet.  Star
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »

No problem  Star  Smiley

I hope you can watch it through this link (if you donīt live in the UK), because I didnīt found an other with Channel 4

http://www.filmon.com/#Channel-4
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

No problem  Star  Smiley

I hope you can watch it through this link (if you donīt live in the UK), because I didnīt found an other with Channel 4

http://www.filmon.com/#Channel-4

Thanks for the link Star Champagne

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »

^ Star

So does the link work for you?

BBC1

http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=3
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »

^ Star

Yes!  Thumb up   the filmone link works.I was just watching Come dine with me awhile ago. Hope it works for the Paralympics.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-Britain-Paralympics.html

The good Doctor who started it all.
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »

joining you Banana Banana I'll try to catch It on tv hopefully will be entertaining

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:36 PM »

^ Star

Yes!  Thumb up   the filmone link works.I was just watching Come dine with me awhile ago. Hope it works for the Paralympics.

Ah, good  Smiley Hope it will be a very nice ceremony. Stephen Daldry gives me hope 
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Just heard on the link that they are continuing the Tempest theme. Stephen Hawkin will narrate the ceremony and Sir Ian Mckellan will play Prospero.

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »

I just saw on channel 4 a report of Afghanistan's only participant Fahim Rahimi, a Taxi driver. The report said that there are 2 million disabled people in Afghanistan, many due to the war Sad
Fahim is worried about the $20 a day he is losing while at the Olympics, but is happy to be there to represent his country. He is a wild card entry chosen from 18 other Afghani athletes.
Seeing these athletes gives meaning to the expression "triumph of the human spirit" Thumb up

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: