Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paralympics Opening Ceremony 29th August 2012  (Read 17183 times)
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

It's so conceptual, it's a nice sight, the symbolism of the Declaration of Human Rights is sweet.

I have no doubt right-wingers will be up in arms that it's too PC.
You just know that Aiden Burley was locked in a cupboard at Tory HQ during the Opening!

The Opening was amazing and  that feeling of pride and wonder has hit me all over again. What are we going to do when the Paralympics are over?!  Cry

Hahaha - that actually made me laugh out loud  Star

But he probably was put on lock-down for the night 

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »

It's so conceptual, it's a nice sight, the symbolism of the Declaration of Human Rights is sweet.

I have no doubt right-wingers will be up in arms that it's too PC.
You just know that Aiden Burley was locked in a cupboard at Tory HQ during the Opening!

The Opening was amazing and  that feeling of pride and wonder has hit me all over again. What are we going to do when the Paralympics are over?!  Cry

Hahaha - that actually made me laugh out loud  Star

But he probably was put on lock-down for the night 

Pity the poor minion atMillbank who had to keep him under control. 

Btw, I loved Jon Snow's commentary. I know it wasn't universally liked  but I found his insights fascinating. 

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
tatty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »

It wasn't so much that I didn't like his commentary, it was that it seemed a little haphazard, even yesterday the camera angles were off and I'm not sure they picked the right people in some cases.

I thank Channel4 for covering the Paralympics more than any other broadcaster has done before but I think the kinks should have been worked out before they went live.

The guy who presents with Claire in the evening (Ade I think his name is) I find to be terrible, Claire is really carrying him.

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »

It wasn't so much that I didn't like his commentary, it was that it seemed a little haphazard, even yesterday the camera angles were off and I'm not sure they picked the right people in some cases.

I thank Channel4 for covering the Paralympics more than any other broadcaster has done before but I think the kinks should have been worked out before they went live.

The guy who presents with Claire in the evening (Ade I think his name is) I find to be terrible, Claire is really carrying him.
I only saw a bit of the basketball yesterday and missed the commentary altogether but I imagine anyone working with Balding will look a little amateur.

Funnily enough I preferred 4's coverage of the Opening and I thought the Jon Snow/Krish voice-overs were much more professional and polished than the Beeb at the Opening.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »

I only saw a bit of the basketball yesterday and missed the commentary altogether but I imagine anyone working with Balding will look a little amateur.

Funnily enough I preferred 4's coverage of the Opening and I thought the Jon Snow/Krish voice-overs were much more professional and polished than the Beeb at the Opening.

I agree with this statement.  I HATED the BBC's commentating of the opening ceremony.  Hazel Irvine and Trevor Whatshisface annoy the life out of me, and their useless comments throughout the whole thing really annoyed me.  It was obvious they had not got a clue about some things and just wanted to fill the silence.  I didn't mind Huw Edwards, but I think it's perhaps because I liked his accent!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: