Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's news  (Read 106989 times)
LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »

Thank You PeDe for the beautiful photos! 
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2016, 05:22:28 AM »

Princesse Marie even looks great in her fashion MISTAKES! Now that's amazingness, beauty, poise, warmth and style. She transcends her clothes.

and ... can someone refresh me on this? what is the age difference between Mary and Marie?
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Sapphire for September

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »

Mary was born in 1972 and Marie in 1976. Four years between them.  Smiley

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »

December 24
2016 Christmas eve church visit

Coat by GIAMBATTISTA VALLI

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: December 25, 2016, 09:58:23 PM »

December 25
2016 Christmas day church visit

coat by ZARA

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2017, 04:45:15 AM »

I think she's beautiful

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:51 AM »

Marie visited Equality Myanmar on Human Right's day (2016)

Equality Myanmar is very honored to have a meeting with Denmark Royal Princess Marie and given opportunity to share the human rights work of Equality Myanmar....

Meeting with Aung Myo Min, who is the Executive Director of Equality Myanmar. He was a student leader in Burma’s 1988 revolution and the first openly gay man among the democratic movement.

^^^we never saw those photos

when she visited here

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:19:35 AM by PeDe » Logged

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2017, 05:17:41 AM »

Of course we didn't see those photos. Madam was busy trying to be the international human rights champion.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »

This might be an unpopular post, but...

Don't get me wrong: I like Marie.  But sometimes I think she's kind of...meh.  I mean, she's pretty and she seems like a nice person for sure.  But her fashion/hair/makeup choices are mostly rather mediocre, and IMO she rarely knocks one out of the park.

I just wonder occasionally if we like and love and gush over Marie as much as we do BECAUSE we DISlike Mary so much.  If we liked Mary would we be less effusive about Marie?

Just a thought.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 29, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »

^^ Star spot on tinika!🙌🏻
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »

Don't get me wrong: I like Marie.  But sometimes I think she's kind of...meh.  I mean, she's pretty and she seems like a nice person for sure.  But her fashion/hair/makeup choices are mostly rather mediocre, and IMO she rarely knocks one out of the park.

I just wonder occasionally if we like and love and gush over Marie as much as we do BECAUSE we DISlike Mary so much.  If we liked Mary would we be less effusive about Marie?

Just a thought.

I don't think so - I think we're so accustomed to "show pony" Mary that we forget royals are normally self-effacing and focused on the job at hand rather than themselves. Marie's fashion choices are very similar to Leti's, although she clearly doesn't have Leti's fashion budget. Marie appears to dress not far out of reach of the average person, other than for gala type events - and that's a calculated strategy. You know what? I tend to notice the expression on Marie's face before I notice her clothes. And that's how it should be ... it's almost as if the DRF decided to capitalise on Marie's positive qualities - AND put them to good use while Madame is preening and prancing and thinking she's the cat's whiskers.
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »

Just a thought.

I don't think so - I think we're so accustomed to "show pony" Mary that we forget royals are normally self-effacing and focused on the job at hand rather than themselves. Marie's fashion choices are very similar to Leti's, although she clearly doesn't have Leti's fashion budget. Marie appears to dress not far out of reach of the average person, other than for gala type events - and that's a calculated strategy. You know what? I tend to notice the expression on Marie's face before I notice her clothes. And that's how it should be ... it's almost as if the DRF decided to capitalise on Marie's positive qualities - AND put them to good use while Madame is preening and prancing and thinking she's the cat's whiskers.

I agree with Hester.  Star I don't care about how Marie dresses, how she does her makeup, or how she styles her hair. What I care about - and what makes me like her - is the fact that when she is at an event, she is fully engaged. Whether it's with adults, children, those who are differently abled, refugees, other royals, or those she interacts with on her travels in support of her patronages, she is smiling, sincere, warm, and fully present. Her behavior, combined with her obvious affinity for Denmark, her demonstrable love, respect, and support for her husband, her love for her children and her family, and her hard work on behalf of her adopted country, all make me like her and think that she is doing a fine job in her role, regardless of how fashionable she may or may not be. For me, that is the least important aspect on which to judge someone.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2017, 05:57:00 PM »

Just a thought.

Star THAT ^^^^

I agree with Hester.  Star I don't care about how Marie dresses, how she does her makeup, or how she styles her hair. What I care about - and what makes me like her - is the fact that when she is at an event, she is fully engaged. Whether it's with adults, children, those who are differently abled, refugees, other royals, or those she interacts with on her travels in support of her patronages, she is smiling, sincere, warm, and fully present. Her behavior, combined with her obvious affinity for Denmark, her demonstrable love, respect, and support for her husband, her love for her children and her family, and her hard work on behalf of her adopted country, all make me like her and think that she is doing a fine job in her role, regardless of how fashionable she may or may not be. For me, that is the least important aspect on which to judge someone.

Star AND THAT

Absolutely. That's why I like her a lot. My first look is at her face, her interaction with others. Jewelry and clothes are secondary and tertiary to me.

I love the moments taken where she laughs out loud in photos and you can almost hear it. Even in photos her warmth for people she meats hines through, and her tenderness.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »

Princess Marie of Denmark joined Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands at Danish National Commission for UNESCO for a meeting on literacy. June 12, 2017
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

Just a thought.

Thumb up Star
She rarely wows me. I think of her as the bargain princess. But her niceness, warmth and genuine smiles are what makes me like her. A refreshing change from the ICON of everything.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: