Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's news  (Read 109269 times)
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »

Does anyone know if Marie maintains as close a relationship with her father as she does with her mother?
He was in Dk in Feb to celebrate her 41 birthday.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2017, 05:48:20 AM »

Does anyone know if Marie maintains as close a relationship with her father as she does with her mother?

Remind me again - what is the age difference between Marie and Mary? Because I can never quite drill into my head that their ages are so close!
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2017, 06:04:09 AM »

Remind me again - what is the age difference between Marie and Mary? Because I can never quite drill into my head that their ages are so close!

Looking on wiki Mary is 4 years and 1 day older than Marie.
Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2017, 03:40:05 AM »

Who knew that 4 years and 1 day older would equal mother and daughter............ Tongue
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2017, 03:58:50 AM »

Who knew that 4 years and 1 day older would equal mother and daughter............ Tongue
Jumping
genegal43

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2017, 03:00:39 AM »

Jumping

Star Whistle

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:21 PM »

Ha ha no any mother of Marie's would be beautiful. Perhaps a wicked aunt.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: July 13, 2017, 03:04:53 AM »

I repost the whole interview with Marie here

While Denmark is often cited as an example for its social model and the well-being of its inhabitants, the wife of Prince Joachim welcomed us to the royal palace of Amalienborg to speak with enthusiasm and passion of his country of adoption.

For years, Denmark has been regarded as "the land of happiness". How do you explain it?
There are many factors. The social model, education and even the weather! The rigor of the climate justifies the Danes being so robust and courageous: no storm will stop them. Long winters also make them like to spend time at home, it is the famous "Hygge", this pleasure to stay together, in the family cocoon, to share simple joys. We do a lot too. Being at home, lighting candles everywhere for more cheerfulness, sitting by the fire, hearing children playing inside, reading a good book, what could be more enjoyable? In general, Danes have a balanced relationship between work and family life.

How does this happen?
Here we do not work until 8 pm. My fellow citizens are effective, they avoid the loss of time and start their day early. Besides, as a Frenchwoman, I had rather Latin schedules. This required some rehabilitation to be fully productive at 6 in the morning! But I made it ... And with the children, anyway, we have to get up early. Another form of wisdom, the Danes are gifted enough to leave their laptops when they get home. It's difficult. For my part, I tend to want to respond quickly to the mails I receive.

But you still have a "Danish" daily?
We live a simple life. I have a point of honor to take care of my children. They are everthing for me, and it is important that they are not brought up by people other than my husband and myself. Of course, we are fortunate enough to have some help in getting our job done, but I want to take on the job. If my daughter needs something, she calls me. Same for my son. Even if I tell them sometimes that I do not have time! (Laughter). We have the same existence as our fellow citizens, with the difference that when we work, the press is present.

Is this situation complex to manage?
It depends on the personalities. It should be noted that, despite all good will, unfortunately we can not please everyone. In any case, I would not be able to play a role, not to be myself. This is how. I am doing my best. The human being has always been critical, perhaps today with the social networks that is more, but I know how to concentrate on what is important.

If you were to describe the Danish spirit in three adjectives ...
First, positive, without hesitation.

It looks like you!
I may look very cheerful, but you know, I can also be quite French ... (laughs). Otherwise the other two adjectives that immediately come to me are: peaceful and honest. You can really count on the Danes.

Your fellow citizens are so honest that we find at the entrance to restaurants and shops strollers with sleeping children in without relatives in the immediate vicinity ...
It's actually great. This shows that the Danes feel good, that they do not fear, that they trust themselves. It is a safe country, where society works harmoniously. This does not mean that the model is exportable all over the world.

Is this harmony linked to the small size of the country?
The size probably plays, because the territory is homogeneous. But we must also take into account our very ancient history. We have the oldest monarchy in Europe and are deeply attached to our traditions. At the same time, the country is very modern. Education also plays a big role.

In which way?
In Denmark, it is taught not to compare each other. The idea is to be happy with what you are, with what you have. This avoids jealousy and competition. At school, there are no notes, for example, until very late. Everyone is on the same level. Children do not feel devalued. They do not doubt of themselves. You can always find negative aspects, but it seems to me that on the whole, it is fundamentally positive. Particularly because children like to learn. My son is crying if he can not go to school! He is overjoyed to go there in the morning.

What are the keys to learning?
The creativity of children is very encouraged. They are taught to be themselves, not to be stressed. In France, we had, from toddlers, satchels filled with very heavy books. Here, children enter school only at the age of 6. It is considered that before they need to play. I have adopted this idea for one of my children, the other will start a little before 6 years because I feel it is the right time. Each personality is different.

Another Danish feature is that there are less classes per day here. My son starts for example at 8 am and finishes at 1 pm. Then the afternoon is devoted to extra-curricular activities such as sports, art, music or excursions. This afternoon, my son leaves to go into the forest and watch animals. They are outdoors as often as possible, and the connection with nature is fundamental. From birth, babies sleep a lot on the outside.

Even in extreme cold?
You need to be careful when the temperature falls below 0 ° C. (Laughter). The first time my husband showed me this method, I was ... quite surprised! I was frankly frightened, but I was quickly converted. Children sleep visibly very well ...

Do you have any education principles that come from your family?
I am very much insist on the fundamentals. Politeness of course, good manners at the table ... For example, children do not have to interrupt adults who are talking. They have to look carefully at the person they say hello. I am very strict on these points, and I find that it does not prevent a child from being free, having fun and feeling loved. Respect for adults is very important. We must be able to live together. There are moments of adults and moments of children.

Your father-in-law is of French descent, would you say your husband is a perfect Dane?
He resembles his mother very much, he inherited a great creativity. He is very talented in the artistic fields even if nobody knows. From his father, he took elegance, a considerable culture and also a good living side. It is of an ultrapositive nature and very equanimous. I've never seen him in a bad mood! He will always see the bright side of things. He never complains. It is indeed a perfect Dane while being open to the world, since he has chosen a foreign woman.

And your children?
They are really a mixture of the two of us. With a little of my spirit of freedom. They have a formidable character and a great curiosity.

Since in Denmark we value simple pleasures, could you tell us what are your "little pleasures"?
Go get my kids to school. I do not get enough to do it. Meet with my husband just before dinner. Drink a glass of wine together, talk about our days. And then the great walks in nature. I can walk for hours. As soon as I have the opportunity, I walk. On the other hand, I do not like running!

Is there a Danish proverb that strikes you at the corner of common sense?
"The word is silver and the silence is golden." It also exists in French, but it seems to me particularly adapted to the Danish spirit. My fellow citizens speak very little about themselves. They know how to listen, which sometimes makes them a little silent. I find this ability to be interested in others charming.

On the contrary, are there any clichés about Denmark that annoy you?
What for example?

That it is a country of Vikings.
It's also true. My husband is never sick. He never goes to the doctor. He's very tough. It's quite a Viking. They have very good genetics!

Let all the Danes travel by bike ...
That is true! Even the ministers. You see even very sophisticated women, in stiletto heels, facing the rain and the wind, or mothers who use it to drop their children to school. I totally adopted this habit: I take my son, my daughter and my dog! Everyone does.

The dog must be of reasonable size, then?
Yes, it's a curly bichon. It's called Apple. I had it before coming to Denmark.

How old is she?
12 years old and has an absolute obligation to stay in shape. I want her to be with us for a very long time.

Did some things surprise you when you arrived in Denmark?
People who bathe outside in the winter! It seems that this creates a real feeling of euphoria. I will try it because I am very curious and I do not want to die silly ...

Laugh bounce

Another important part of a culture: gastronomy ...
The Nordic and Danish kitchens are now extremely popular and internationally renowned. Tourists from all countries come to discover this culinary school based on the naturalness of the products, the importance of organic, the creativity of the agreements. I am also the patron of Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival, which is a great pleasure for me because I am love to eat! And this commitment goes hand in hand with another mission that is dear to me, the fight against food waste. Denmark is a pioneer in this fight. We are taking more initiatives on this issue than any other European country.

Could you give us a traditional dish that you particularly like?
I like to cook a lot and one of my favorite recipes is the fæskesteg, or "crispy pork", which is eaten almost like chips. It is eaten all over the country, however it is not very "dietetic". Another delicious thing: the rye bread, there are two hundred different kinds. We do not have white bread here. I also cook French dishes of course ...

If you were to introduce our readers to your country, where would you start?
When friends come to visit us, I like to show them the National Museum of Contemporary Art, the Louisiana Museum outside Copenhagen, but also the small galleries of the city. The Opera is worth a visit, as are the ballets at the Royal Theater: a must! Finally, the magnificent castles are truly the historical identity of the country. And what could be more enjoyable than a walk on the beautiful Nyhavn harbor with of course a mandatory passage to the Tivoli for the children ... and the parents! Another thing to discover absolutely and that fascinates me: the design that has become one of our trademarks. It began in the 1950s and since this purified, ultra-modern trend, has not stopped developing.

Do you have any houses to recommend us?
A tour at llumsbolighus will give you a good idea of ​​the Danish style. There are some for all generations. The classics and the oldest such as Royal Copenhagen porcelain, furniture by Arne Jacobsen, Hans Wegner, Finn Juhl or Fritz Hansen, silver and jewelery by Georg Jensen ... You will also find new houses such as Hay, very young and creative, Normann Copenhagen or Muuto. The architecture is really dynamic too. Today we have the chance to see the success of the young architect Bjarke Ingels. At just 42 years old, he creates exceptional places around the world. For example, he was selected to build the second tower of the World Trade Center and the Google campus in California, While in Copenhagen he prepares the construction of a waste incinerator whose roof will be transformed into a ... ski slope. In France, he oversees the Europacity project, near Roissy.

Even in the country of happiness, there are things to improve, could you tell me about the causes for which you have committed yourself?
Wherever you are, you have to pay attention to the most vulnerable among us. I take care as much as possible of those with disabilities, such as autistic children or people with epilepsy. I also work with the foundation of the fight against AIDS. These moments are important to me. I love to spend time with these people, and I am proud to live in a country that takes care of its people.

periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2017, 04:42:58 AM »

She is a pro. That was a nice interview and she keeps it positive. I want to know how she eats pork skins and still manages to be so tiny.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2017, 05:08:37 AM »

Wow! That made me want to go visit Denmark all over again. She's such a great representative!
 Star for you Pede for posting!
Visenya

Large Member

Aegon > William

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:09 AM »

Star Pede, for posting.

She sounds lovely, she did a good job there.

Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be. Clementine Paddleford
Fiction is the Truth inside a Lie. Stephen King.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »

Marie continues to impress me, and I'm a sugar already  Grin You can really tell that she loves Denmark and that she "gets" us. She lives here and you can tell. She may be born in a different country but Denmark is her new home. It's not just where she lives.

She is just fantastic.

Phina

Small Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »

Marie continues to impress me, and I'm a sugar already  Grin You can really tell that she loves Denmark and that she "gets" us. She lives here and you can tell. She may be born in a different country but Denmark is her new home. It's not just where she lives.

She is just fantastic.

I love this!  I'm certainly a Marie sugar too. 
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »

She KNOWS her country and has a clear perspective of things.  The fondness for Denmark is strong and authentic.  Reading her interview, she's convinced me she's involved in her patrons and believes in these causes and not because they're a platform to world fame.

I don't even mind she has her nose in the air because it's not a sign of superiority but a desire to look dignified.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »

Oldie but Goodie.....just archiving this for posterity

Crown Princess Mary in the shadow

Princess Marie is celebrated as a fashion designer.
Usually, Crown Princess Mary, creates a big hello at home and abroad for her fashion. Princess Marie, however, is rarely mentioned when it comes to clothes.

But now she has put her sister in law in the shadow!

Tradition believes the Danish royal family starts the year with New Year's Eve and New Year's Eve, and thus January 1st was at the finest stage for the entire gang. While Mary chose a Burgundy velour dress, that we have seen several times before, Marie took the breath away from everyone in a new silver colored creation.

Marie's beautiful dress has not gone unnoticed, and now the princess is celebrated in the American press, as announced in Huffington Post. The news magazine is full of admiration and makes it clear that everyone else's new year's dresses fade in proportion.

- "Princess Mary's New Year dress was finer than yours. All the sparkling dresses from the big night have been officially shameful. We are not always fond of the dresses from the annual event in Denmark, but Princess Marie started the year in style. She shows us why we love to see royalty in all its glamorous glory"!

Crown Princess Mary was not mentioned with a single word by the Americans, and in Denmark there was Queen Margrethe who finished the victory as this year's first dress.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: