Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's news  (Read 185089 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »

Thanks to Swashie  Star

Marie broke down - With the princess in Cambodia - dissolved in tears

Marie in tears during Cambodia travel - It was strong and shocking

it has to be hard to see all the distress  Sad

Summer

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »

it has to be hard to see all the distress  Sad

If the poverty made her cry, then at least Bonbon has a heart.  Maybe she will be inspired to do something more to help.  
ginnis1
Banned
Large Member

Sea

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

I was going to say tha you would have to be a cold heartless bitch not to cry...but then there is Mary..................
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »

I was going to say tha you would have to be a cold heartless bitch not to cry...but then there is Mary..................

Star

and she herself stated that it doesn't help to come to these developing countries and cry with them over their misery....it is more beneficial for those people to have a Westerner in Prada prance in and point an expensive camera in their faces Snare

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:47 AM »

INTERVIEW

BB #42, 2012, by Trine Larsen.

It was emotional and shocking.

The tears streamed down the cheeks of the Princess, who was so moved by the many shocking impressions with little sick children in the unimaginable plight and misery of poor people.

On the trip with DanChurchAid (Folkekirkens Nødhjælp) Princess Marie was on site and saw human faiths and misery that only a few will see. And even though the Princess had prepared herself thoroughly before the visit, she was personally deeply moved. So much that she several times during the interview began to cry again.

- "It was very emotional and shocking experiences. I had never imagined it would be so hard", said Princess Marie and added:

- "Like so many others I have of course seen lots of TV and read a lot. There is after all hunger, actual want and misery in many places but I could never imagine how strong an impression it makes on you when you stand in the midst of it. It really puts things into perspective", said the Princess quietly.

- "What I experienced was really what you can call poverty. Utterly extreme poverty and injustice. These people really need help", said Princess Marie, who had been on her first trip as patron for DanChurchAid to Cambodia to see the work of the organisation and its many projects with her own eyes.

And during those four days the Princess was in that country she was from early in the morning to late in the evening bombarded with impressions, that will for ever leave a deep mark within her.

Trine
Have you, Princess, expected to be that moved by the experiences, before you came out here?

Marie
No! No, I hadn't. Honestly, you cannot imagine how it is or how it affects you, before you have experienced it. Want and poverty on TV and in papers is one thing, but it's not like that in real life. It's impossible to imagine how bad it is. In particular several of the children we met have moved me a lot. Their looks, when we looked at each other - it went straight to my heart. Sometimes it was a sweet look, other times such a sad look", said Princess Marie again with tears in the eyes.

Trine
Is there something you reflect on from this trip, which you would like to continue working with when you return home?

Marie
There is no doubt that I would like to help. There is no doubt that I must help. After this... but, surely I cannot just return home and sit down and pretend nothing happened. No! I cannot... Right now, I don't know how, because it's still so close, but there is such a good co-operation with DanChurchAid that we will find some way, to make the help even stronger", said the Princess enthusiastically and added, but I think it's impressive the work DanChurchAid is already doing. I'm very impressed and proud.

Tine
What will you take home and share with your husband and family from this trip?

Marie
Oh, there is so much. But I think I get a feeling of loving my family even more after having experienced all this. It's impossible to forget. And you really want to tell - not just the Danes - but the whole world that we must and have to do something for these people. This cannot be. Something must be done, said the Princess and was delighted that she through her position can help getting the message across. Yes, that's fantastic. And I will try and do my best - it's just so hard to believe that I, that I can really make a difference. But I would so much like to. So much, said the Princess with teary eyes, that left no doubt that she will never forget the days in Cambodia, and that she is ready to fight to give these and other people who suffer a better and more dignified life.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2012, 03:40:37 AM »

SUMMARY

After a journey lasting fourteen hours Marie arrived at Phnom Penh airport to a damp heat of 30 degrees C. With her were her LiW, Britt Siesbye and secretary general for DanChurchAid, Henrik Stubkjær.

They were received by the Danish ambassador to Cambodia and Thailand, Michael H. Winther, and the local manager for DanChurchAid, Katja Levin. These were the people that would accompany Princess Marie on this four-day visit.

After a short pause at the hotel it was off for a work-lunch with local representatives for DanChurchAid (DCA). Then back to the hotel for a quick shower and a change of clothes before the reception and later a dinner for local Danish representatives, for among other things Danish companies.

After the late dinner it took a four-hour drive to a far away countryside village called Kroch, which had suffered because of recent flooding. Here she was very welcome! No wonder as she was to hand out fifteen envelopes from DCA to the most needy in the village. The envelopes contained $40, for which they can live for more than a month.

It was explained why: “We have found out that cash does more good than for instance giving them rice. If they need medicine, they often have to sell their rice-rations, which they won’t get much for anyway. In that way they can buy rice themselves and medicine and perhaps buy some seed for the field”.

Indeed the whole village had turned out to meet and see Marie. Marie gave an improvised speech, before she was shown around the village. Among the villagers was a couple of parents with a two month old baby girl, who has HIV. That made Marie tear up, the stories from other villagers moved her as well. The flooding completely devastated the economy of this already poor village.

Another item on the agenda was a visit to a slum called Andong, outside the capital of Phnom Penh, one of the worst in the country. Here some 1.700 families live a meager existence without water, sanitation and electricity amidst garbage and feces from animals as well as humans. An existence without hope. Six years ago, these families were relocated by the government from a poor neighborhood in the capital and within a few hours placed here. Away from the capital, out of sight and out of mind. Without any compensation.

Here Marie was shown around by a local human rights activist Madame Kek, whose safety is far from guaranteed. DCA has a few projects in this area, aiming to provide some work and some education for some of the poor. The article describes Marie as walking around in the village completely numbed or paralyzed from what she saw.

- “It’s utterly horrible to experience. We must go home and tell everyone about this”, she said

She visited local homes where extended families are cramped together in single room sheds. No privacy, no water, all just lying on the same wooden bunk, raised a little over the ground. With cats, dogs and chicken walking around everywhere. With muddy streets outside, mud that is mixed with waste from humans and animals. DCA had set up primitive workshops, where women produced jewellery from recycled paper and bags from old tires, which they sell in the city and earn a months salary of $25.

Back in Phnom Penh Marie visited street children. Some of these children, the fortunate ones, are taken into the care of a place like Friends House. Here children get a basic education and also learn a basic trade, some even learn languages. Including cooking and Marie indeed ate lunch at a restaurant set up by children who came from Friends House. At Friends House Marie fell for the children in the kindergarten there and hugged all of them, saying smiling:

- “Wonder if I should grab a couple of them with me home”.

Here the children can also get medical attention should they fall ill:

- “Yes, I think you could see that something good is really happening for those street children. Not only do they get an opportunity for a better life, but they learn things they can use later on. We did see so many opportunities for them, and a lot of activities. There were for example a beauty salon, hairdresser, machine shop and different forms of crafts (as artisans), and the youth can get an education and learn languages. It is so important to give the youth hope for the future. Because without education they can’t get a job. They do have dreams and hopes like all other youths and that was nice to see. It was lovely to see them smile and nice to know that there is a place where they are safe and at the same time taken good care of. Where they for instance also can get medical attention and medicine, should they become ill”.

Then she visited a crisis center for women, where there were 38 women and their children. Marie spoke to two of them. Here the women get shelter and learn a basic trade, enabling them to set up a business and take care of themselves and their children:

- “To support and help such a center function really makes sense. That has a big, big significance and the visit made a big impression on me. The stories of the women were so cruel and shocking for me to hear, and it is so nice that they have a place where they are protected and get help. Both psychological and legal help, if they want to divorce and not least, help to get an education or a job so that they can build a future for themselves and their children. Children who have often also been beaten and abused, so it’s fantastic that they find help in such a place”.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »

Yay Marie for having a heart! But you might want to wear closed-toe shoes at events like this, we wouldn't want anything to happen to the best thing to happen to the DRF in a long time.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 01:15:39 AM »

ITA with you Lady Alice  Star and they needed someone like her urgently.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 02:08:31 AM »

And at least she wasn't waving a gigantic expensive camera in their faces Thumb up
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51:01 AM »

Or an iPhone.

Odette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »

Or posing for the camera with children as accessories.  Sadly Yrma hasn't a shred of compassion in her person.  Thankfully Marie is not the uncaring zombie began who should not ever be Queen.

Great contribution Pede  Star
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »

Or posing for the camera with children as accessories.  Sadly Yrma hasn't a shred of compassion in her person.  Thankfully Marie is not the uncaring zombie began who should not ever be Queen.

Great contribution Pede  Star

thank you sweetie  Star Hug

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

November 15
H.R.H. Princess Marie visits the University education fair "MASTER AND MORE" in St. Pauli, Hamburg, Germany (13:00)

here's more information on it:

Master fair in Hamburg in 2012

The MASTER AND MORE fairs are the largest master fairs in Germany. This year marks the Master Messe Hamburg premiere.
Fair Date: 15.11.2012, 9 - 17 clock (Millerntor Stadium Hamburg)

Master Marketing in Hamburg
• Variety of potential visitors:  Hamburg has a total of 20 different state or private universities and colleges.
• Financially strong student population:  the population of Hamburg is known as a financially strong.
• Outstanding Exhibition Location:  The venue of the fair in Hamburg (Millerntor Stadium) is centrally located and 1 by the Bundesliga FC St. Pauli known far beyond the borders of Hamburg. For a large proportion of the target group, the stadium also has cult status.

Success Concept Master Fair
You can exhibit at the fairs as a university, college or business school, as well as faculty, graduate school or individual Master's program. Here you can make well-informed undergraduate students and graduates from all disciplines.

Target group: 100% Master prospective
- At the Master fair in Hamburg, we expect 2,000 to 3,000 visitors to the region. In the City of 63,000 students and 173,000 more students live in the extended area of ​​the fair site.
- Through the targeted promotion of the fair, we support and inform the students who are really interested in a master's degree program.
http://www.borderconcepts...biz/master-messe-hamburg/

The fair is supported/attended by partners & members such as

* Universität Witten/Herdecke (Witten/Herdecke University)
* Universität Ehrfuhrt (University of Ehrfurt)
* Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
* London School of business & finance
* The HAGUE University of Applied Sciences
* Aarhus University
* EPFL - École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
* Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Catholic University of Leuven)
* Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin (Berlin School of Economics and Law)
* Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (University Bocconi -Milano, Italy)
* ESCP Europe Business School
* Hochschule Rhein-Waal (Rine-Waal University of Applied Sciences)  
* RWTH Aachen University
* UH, Universität Hamburg - Der Forschung, Der Lehre, Der Bildung (University of Hamburg - Research, Teaching, Education
* JÖNKÖPING International Business School (JÖNKÖPING University)
* University of Amsterdam
* University of Oulu
* Mälardalen University Sweden
* Norwegian Business School
* Universität Bonn (University of Bonn)
* Universität Augsburg (University of Augsburg)
* Hochschule München (University of Applied Sciences - Business)
* Technische Universität München (University of Applied Sciences - Technology)  Thumb up
* Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich or LMU as we callit) Jumping
* Middlesex University London
* Erasmus School of Law (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam)
* Catolica Lisbon (University of Applied Sciences - Business & Economics)
* FOM Hochschule (FOM University of Applied Sciences)
* Hochschule Coburg (Coburg University of Applied Sciences)
* Hochschule Niederrhein (University of Applied Sciences - Oecotrophologie)
* zhaw Institute of Facility Management
* Phillips University of Marburg
* Graduate School Rhein-Neckar
* Nordakademie, Hochschule der Wirtschaft (Univesity for Applied Sciences - Economie)
* Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart (University for Applied Sciences - Technology)
* AH Dronten, Hochschule für Pferdemanagement, Agrar und Ernährungswirtschaft (AH Dronten, University of Applied Sciences of horse management, Agricultural- and Nutritional Science)
* MCI Management Center Innsbruck
http://www.master-and-more.de/

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:29 AM »

Marie and Joachim of Dänemark - That's how they keep their love fresh!

When on May 24th, 2008 the dark-haired, petite French woman Marie Cavallier (36) walked down the isle in a lace dress in the Danish village church of Mögeltondern, her groom Prince Joachim (43) whipped out a white handkerchief filled with emotions. After the vows there was even a wedding kiss, which is rather unusual amongst nobility.

Today, four and a half years later, their love is crowned not only by two adorable children - Henrik (3) and Athena (10 months) - but their marriage seems to be working perfectly. While Joachim was already married and has two sons with his ex-wife, the Countess Alexandra (48), he has found his biggest happiness with Marie. Even though they were briefly separated before their engagement, their relationship seems to be as stable as a rock in the surf since then.

The secret of her love? Next to their busy family life and royal duties, the couple always tries to take time out to spend together. According to the Danish magazine "Her og Nu", the two recently plunged back into party life like a pair of newlywed lovers. After a dinner with mutual friends at "Umami", a restaurant in Copenhagen, the group went onto the Night Club "Zen". The owner of the club, a music producer belongs to Joachim's close circle of friends and simultaneously is also friends with Countess Alexandra.

There is a funny anecdote attached to the trendy location: In 2011 Marie celebrated her 35th birthday there - she let her "hair down" and her spirit flow, while drumming the bongos on stage.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 08:17:50 AM »

Good on them for keeping the love fresh.

Now if they can just find a way to keep Jokke's face fresh and not so dessicated.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: