Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The time is approaching us..... Kate's SPEAKING!!!  (Read 98024 times)
eastcoast

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »

1 minute & 59 seconds with at least 43 times to look down. Speech class 101 would not approve
= fail to pass this speech.   Nono

I particularly enjoyed her ability to say the word palliative 3 times with out messing up.  Banana

I wonder if she even knew what it meant without being told? And who helped with this speech?
BigSunnies

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

" It is so exciting .... "  she drones, sounding like a voice from the crypt

Thanks a lot, Kate.  Now you've simultaneously insulted Malaysia by sounding as 'excited' as a corpse and confirming for them you have the intellectual range of a frozen cod past its use-by date

Gee, you must set Wee Willy on fire with that 'excited' voice ... so alive, so passionate, enthusiastic, genuine ...

Now kindly go get my refund, dear.  Listening to your 'speech' cost me vital and irreplacable seconds
Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »

1 minute & 59 seconds with at least 43 times to look down. Speech class 101 would not approve
= fail to pass this speech.   Nono

I particularly enjoyed her ability to say the word palliative 3 times with out messing up.  Banana

I wonder if she even knew what it meant without being told? And who helped with this speech?

I haven't had the chance to follow what they have been up to in my own backyard today.
43 look-downs when delivering speech? Wow, my guess was wayyyyyyy off!!! I had 27 as a guess! I have to now look at the video cos I want to see that!!!

Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »

I'm just copying my.comments from the other section. It got lost in bump watch 2012.  She had to write this, no normal person would use so many positive adjectives (excited, delighted, exciting, thrilling, wonderful, exciting!!) for a hospice speech.

What I posted earlier (I was a bit harsh, but I just think she's never personally had to deal with hospices and loss, and its a.bit insulting to those who have to put so little effort in her speech)...

"Through this patronage, I have learned that delivering the best possible palliative care to children is vital."

UM DUH. Did she think incurable disease sufferers deserved to be in pain? That relief treatments or making patients comfortable weren't vital? Then again as she said it's only important for the children. The adults can suffer, it's not so vital they get any kind of relief. Or maybe its just not vital they get the best.

She also mentions her EACH charity, and possibly thanks EACH for collaborating with the people she's talking to, instead of thanking the people she's talking to for working with her patronage. It's oddly phrased. "As patron of [EACH], a UK based charity, I am thrilled to hear that you've been working with Hospice Malaysia and that you plan to collaborate as you roll out this new program."... Who is "you"? EACH - who she had to clarify who they were? Another charity? The Malaysian royal family who introduced her?
eastcoast

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »

@ Fragrance 78:
The looking down was such a huge & annoying distraction imo. I just had to replay it to count.
Although I may have missed a few looking down because I had to blink a few times!  lol   Wink
BigSunnies

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Hearing her has lowered Harry in my estimation.  All those photos of Harry chatting and laughing with her

with HER ?

Fragrance78

Large Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »

@ Fragrance 78:
The looking down was such a huge & annoying distraction imo. I just had to replay it to count.
Although I may have missed a few looking down because I had to blink a few times!  lol   Wink

LOL!!!  Tongue

Hibou

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »

Well, let's start with something positive. It was better than her last attempt. Having said that, the head-bobbing as a result of having to look down after each sentence was really distracting and annoying. Surely she could have memorized a few lines at a time so she wasn't bobbing up and down. This wasn't even speech-giving 101 because next she looks to the left, bobbing head, then she looks to the right, bobbing head. This I can see if you are watching a tennis match but it was so elementary it was painful. Practice how to give a speech for god sake Kate. Surely you can do it. It's a shame really. I think she was well-meaning but surely she could have practiced with a pro until she got it right. When I was in high school in the US we had to take three years of a course called speech and drama. In it we learned how to give a speech with no notes.  By senior year you were expected to be able to give a 15 min presentation with no notes. You were then graded on everything little action you made (head-bobbing would have produced a "C" and that was before judging the content of the speech). So if I can do it, I don't see why she can't. JMO.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »

I haven't watched the video yet because I suffered so much second hand embarrassment from her last speech I nearly need to pop a xanax. Not sure if I can watch another one. The Waity is like children from olden days, it should be seen and not heard.
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »

Well, let's start with something positive. It was better than her last attempt. Having said that, the head-bobbing as a result of having to look down after each sentence was really distracting and annoying. Surely she could have memorized a few lines at a time so she wasn't bobbing up and down. This wasn't even speech-giving 101 because next she looks to the left, bobbing head, then she looks to the right, bobbing head. This I can see if you are watching a tennis match but it was so elementary it was painful. Practice how to give a speech for god sake Kate. Surely you can do it. It's a shame really. I think she was well-meaning but surely she could have practiced with a pro until she got it right. When I was in high school in the US we had to take three years of a course called speech and drama. In it we learned how to give a speech with no notes.  By senior year you were expected to be able to give a 15 min presentation with no notes. You were then graded on everything little action you made (head-bobbing would have produced a "C" and that was before judging the content of the speech). So if I can do it, I don't see why she can't. JMO.

A good summation, Hibou.  Thumb up

I agree that Catherine was well meaning and I think that she wrote the speech herself.
More practise was needed, and more perusal of her written speech.  She could try just speaking to dot points and relying on her natural warmth.  It's worth a try.  Catherine is a majorly nervous public speaker.  I don't hold that against her but I think that improvement will will be slow and steady.
People at the Hospis were welcoming and kind so that is a lovely audience in which to deliver a speech.  
Keep on with the positive attitude, Catherine.    
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »

oh man i had to try to not laugh when finally watching it. thank you waity!! Thumb up

i counted 46 look downs, wow that needs to be submitted to guinness record or something.
she really isn't a good speaker, and obviously doesn't care enough or is too scared of willy' reply to try better.

what i REALLY heard in her speech was "no one told me a princess works in the real world. i really don't wanna be here, dont care about whatever this place is, and REALLY can't speak, but here ya go to just shut you all up. now can you please stop making me work so i can be a housewifey again?" Blink
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

IMO this was worse than her first speech. She sounds really downbeat and also rather stupid! It wasn't even a speech it was a list of bland statements with no real meaning, substance or message.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Bright

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »

I have a tiny bit of empathy for her when I see how badly she is shaking as she switches to the new page of her speech (00:47 second mark). I agree though, she really does need to stop looking down so much!
Poniatowska

Baby Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

It's way better than her last speech! I mean - I know what a bad speaker I am and thinking that the whole world is watching at her in public - terrible... But I hope she improves, she seems so relieved after returning to her place :D
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »

The second was worse than the first
the first had a lot of pauses but some sort of flow and the pauses were in the right places (sentence ending) unlike the latest one

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: