Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 231   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letizia and Felipe's news  (Read 955905 times)
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3360 on: August 11, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

They do dress Leonor like a baby.

I’ve always thought they wear mostly ‘sacks’ of varying colors. It was nice to see Sofia in something different, and something different from her sister. Now that they are older I expect their clothes will branch out.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3361 on: August 11, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »

Both of them look lovely today.  Sofía’s knee must be better.
In my view, both of them are being raised alike and la Infanta must know from the very beginning that she is not the heiress but will probably have to support and help her elder sister in the same way Princess Irene is QS’s best friend. Not that she has to renounce her right to a life of her own, of course. Just that she will have to comply with the RF’s rules devised by KF or  find her way outside the institution.  They all have to follow the rules and are more exposed to public criticism, scrutiny and maybe as much  opposition from all sides as KJC and QS had to face for years. Because the Emeriti did face opposition,slights and insults in their earlier years, both as Prince and Princess / King and Queen.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3362 on: August 11, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »

I remember there was a lot of discussion if raising them as “equals” was right considering that Leonor is the heir and Sofía is not. But publicly that’s never been an issue. It’s very clear that Sofía is second to Leonor in public. She walks behind her, she did not receive the order of the Golden Fleece like she did, and unfortunately for Sofía, she’s been associated more heavily with the less liked parent. I personally love Leti, but I know a lot of people do not  Crap

Whatever the case may be, I hope Sofía does not feel second in her personal life. It can be a burden to be related to someone that is more well known or well liked. I hope she’s able to forge her own path, however she chooses to do so. IMO the education and experiences that F&L seem to be providing both girls will enable Sofía to do just that when the time comes.

Both girls seem well educated and well aware of their positions. They remind me of the wafflets.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3363 on: August 11, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »

I prefer the girls' clothes from yesterday but Leti's white dress is very pretty.

From Semana again:

fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3364 on: August 11, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »

I remember there was a lot of discussion if raising them as “equals” was right considering that Leonor is the heir and Sofía is not. But publicly that’s never been an issue. It’s very clear that Sofía is second to Leonor in public. She walks behind her, she did not receive the order of the Golden Fleece like she did, and unfortunately for Sofía, she’s been associated more heavily with the less liked parent. I personally love Leti, but I know a lot of people do not  Crap

Whatever the case may be, I hope Sofía does not feel second in her personal life. It can be a burden to be related to someone that is more well known or well liked. I hope she’s able to forge her own path, however she chooses to do so. IMO the education and experiences that F&L seem to be providing both girls will enable Sofía to do just that when the time comes.

Both girls seem well educated and well aware of their positions. They remind me of the wafflets.
So do I.
Very well expressed, Tsarina.   Star
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3365 on: August 11, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »

I get the feeling that Letizia and Felipe are very intelligent and highly self aware people who probably do exactly what you say. Make sure the girls are equal in their hearts but understand life's different roles for them. They seem like a very loving family.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3366 on: August 11, 2020, 11:45:07 PM »

Gosh, Letizia, Felipe and the girls are such a beautiful family! Not really paid much attention to them but because of the issues with JC I’ve seen them more and more in the news. Didn’t realise how gorgeous the daughters were! No awkward teenage phases yet!
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3367 on: August 12, 2020, 09:35:24 AM »

Sofía had a fall and uses a crutch. Both girls look very nice.

Photo from Semana:

They both look as if they've been 'in the wars' (idiomatic english expersiion). Look at Leonore's legs too! And Sofia has a wound on her left leg.
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #3368 on: August 12, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »

They both look as if they've been 'in the wars' (idiomatic english expersiion). Look at Leonore's legs too! And Sofia has a wound on her left leg.

It's not a wound on Sofia's left leg, it's a birthmark  Grin

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3369 on: August 12, 2020, 02:18:11 PM »

I think there is nothing wrong with preparing the girls for their future roles, one of leadership and the other of a “normal” life with great privileges. What matters is that the hierarchy is not made to coincide with one’s self-worth. One’s place in the monarchy is a birth accident, nothing more than that. I am sure that F and L have brought up the girls as equals in private and as different in their public roles. BTW I love the pony tails, it’s a very smart updo for the pandemic. Your hair stays in place and you are not tempted to touch your face to pull it away.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3370 on: August 12, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »

I prefer the girls' clothes from yesterday but Leti's white dress is very pretty.

From Semana again:

Letizia rocking the shirt dress again. I think she and Kate could swap clothes and retain their own styles for workhorse day dressing.
kbart

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3371 on: August 12, 2020, 05:59:39 PM »

I love the fact that Letizia and the girls (and Felipe as well) always support the Spanish shoe industry and wear espadrilles and the Balearic avarcas when on their hols. This may sound petty but I love them and buy a pair here (UK) every year. After our shops reopened I went in to my usual supplier who told me that the Spanish company had just gone bust because of Covid and what they had was the last stock... these are people's jobs that have gone so it is good to see the RF backing the industry...
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3372 on: August 12, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »

I love the fact that Letizia and the girls (and Felipe as well) always support the Spanish shoe industry and wear espadrilles and the Balearic avarcas when on their hols. This may sound petty but I love them and buy a pair here (UK) every year. After our shops reopened I went in to my usual supplier who told me that the Spanish company had just gone bust because of Covid and what they had was the last stock... these are people's jobs that have gone so it is good to see the RF backing the industry...

I’ve noticed they do support their fashion industry. Their clothes and shoes are often from Spanish brands. I remember one summer Leti wore a colorful tote that, iirc, was relatively inexpensive and the organization donated to a charity. I believe she wore another tote from the same brand this year as well.
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3373 on: August 13, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »

Visit to Menorca

https://www.zimbio.com/ph...Visit+Menorca/ykWqTrKHeYf

lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3374 on: August 13, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 231   Go Up
  Print