Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 228   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letizia and Felipe's news  (Read 897416 times)
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: July 30, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »

Visit to Torrelavega and Santoña

@CasaReal

Love this outfit, too, especially the undershirt. Looks appropriate and modest.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: August 01, 2020, 12:45:54 PM »

Thank you for your visits, Your Majesties.  Smiley
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: August 02, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »

Wow! They waved at us from the car, just one metre away. When they left the car, I saw very tall KF fairly ,and a little glimpse of QL in cream  in the distance ( highly strict security measures). We couldn't get closer but well, this is it. Hard times,no crowds. Fine. Looking forward to next time.

Lucky you, fruela!  Champagne
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: August 02, 2020, 02:51:15 PM »

Yes, Athena.I felt very happy.  I'll try to have a good look next time.   Smiley Years ago I had seen KJC and QS so close  just where KF and QL got out of the car  I hoped  I might this time too, but no such luck. Anyway, KF waved at us again in the distance. I regret not talking pictures . Next time.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3349 on: August 10, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »

Sofía had a fall and uses a crutch. Both girls look very nice.

Photo from Semana:

Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3350 on: August 10, 2020, 11:04:23 PM »

I’m not sure if it’s been brought up before, but has anyone else noticed how they usually match Leonor to Felipe and Sofia to Letizia.

In a way it seems like they are trying to send a message, strongly associating the heir with the current sovereign.

But I often wonder if that makes Sofía feel left out. They’re both girls and very close in age, it must be hard to know your entire public life will largely revolve around your sister.

Now back to the main topic Smiley I like how they are dressed. But I find Leonor’s dress a bit young for her. I commend Sofia for going out and “working” when she’s probably not feeling her best. Thumb up
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: August 11, 2020, 05:37:28 AM »

I do feel for Sofia.   She and Leonor have been raised as equals.  Yet as time goes on, that equality will be done away with.  Hopefully her life as a spare will be happier and more productive than other spares.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: August 11, 2020, 08:01:00 AM »

I do feel for Sofia.   She and Leonor have been raised as equals. Yet as time goes on, that equality will be done away with.  Hopefully her life as a spare will be happier and more productive than other spares.

F&L seem to be raising them with equal opportunity ( Thumb up )  but it is very clear with the parent-child pairing in public, who the heiress is. Spain is arguably the most precarious of the reigning houses right now. In the end, it might not matter.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: August 11, 2020, 08:35:02 AM »

F&L do seem to be wonderful and fair parents. For all the differences in their public lives, it doesn’t seem to be obvious in their personal lives.

The pictures of Leonor holding Sofía’s hand today while she walked with her crutch were so sweet. It really speaks to their bond and F&L’s parenting.  Hug
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: August 11, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »

They do dress Leonor like a baby.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: August 11, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »

They are teenagers. Do you think they don't have a say? Do you really think Leonor's dress is too childish? Funny, because  my first thought was that it was a bit too serious for her. It's sweltering in Baleares, so a loose dress is a good option. Global fashion, different minds.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3356 on: August 11, 2020, 02:49:46 PM »

They are teenagers. Do you think they don't have a say? Do you really think Leonor's dress is too childish? Funny, because  my first thought was that it was a bit too serious for her. It's sweltering in Baleares, so a loose dress is a good option. Global fashion, different minds.

I feel like I’m in the minority, but I like how the girls dress in general. They usually dress conservatively but IMO they always look lovely and age appropriate.

However, I find this dress too long on Leonor. I saw it on the model (it’s from mango) and on the model it was slightly above the knees. If it were that length on Leonor I would like it much more.

It seems Leonor (and Sofía) like long dresses judging from past looks.
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: August 11, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »

I do feel for Sofia.   She and Leonor have been raised as equals. Yet as time goes on, that equality will be done away with.  Hopefully her life as a spare will be happier and more productive than other spares.

F&L seem to be raising them with equal opportunity ( Thumb up )  but it is very clear with the parent-child pairing in public, who the heiress is. Spain is arguably the most precarious of the reigning houses right now. In the end, it might not matter.

It looks like they've done a brilliant job so far. It would be more unfair to Sofia to pretend that everything is the same, since it's not. It looks to me that they've been raised to have equal value, with no unnecessary preference or deference shown to Leonor. Sofia isn't left at home, unwanted and unnecessary; she's just as visible and present. And Leonor has  been raised in the awareness and responsibility of her future role at a younger age than many heirs. Whether it matters ultimately or not, Felipe and Leti sure seem to be planning the best they can for the expected future right now. I expect they are also preparing the girls for what might happen differently.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: August 11, 2020, 03:08:29 PM »

I think whether or not Sofia feels second or inferior to her sister (like many other royal spares) will be up to her to tell and possibly only the future can tell. It is not always visible from the outside and even the best parental approaches can go wrong; very few parents intend to make one child feel less loved or appreciated, but many still do feel left out or unfairly treated.
E.g from many accounts Margreth of GB had been her father's little darling and her mother's little companion and she still resented that her sister had a different role in life. While I honestly believe, QEII would have gladly swapped places.
I think it is very subjective.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: August 11, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »

It looks like they've done a brilliant job so far. It would be more unfair to Sofia to pretend that everything is the same, since it's not. It looks to me that they've been raised to have equal value, with no unnecessary preference or deference shown to Leonor. Sofia isn't left at home, unwanted and unnecessary; she's just as visible and present. And Leonor has  been raised in the awareness and responsibility of her future role at a younger age than many heirs. Whether it matters ultimately or not, Felipe and Leti sure seem to be planning the best they can for the expected future right now. I expect they are also preparing the girls for what might happen differently.

With Felipe's family history (Spain and Greece) I believe that there has always been a plan A, B,C, D for Leonor's and Sofia's futures.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 228   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: