Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The House Of Windsor:  (Read 17846 times)
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/wa...u_kZGs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/wa...kb6g&feature=youtu.be

.The House Of Windsor: The First Windsors
The House Of Windsor: A Royal Dynasty is a new three-part series that follows the Royal family's life stories.

.The House of Windsor: A Royal Dynasty - The King Who Saved the Crown
The King Who Saved The Crown is the story of Bertie, the Duke of York - the most shy and unlikely of kings.

.The House Of Windsor: A Queen For All Seasons

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:24:53 AM »

The series had some interesting footage, particularly early on. I had no idea that the king had traveled so much during WWII to support the troops, for example.  He made many visits to war zones.  The third part was pretty much a rehash of everything that has been seen so many times elsewhere. Plus, it seems as if it wrapped up at the time of the Golden Jubillee, which makes it already 10 years out of date.
Dangereuse

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:05:40 AM »

The series had some interesting footage, particularly early on. I had no idea that the king had traveled so much during WWII to support the troops, for example.  He made many visits to war zones.  The third part was pretty much a rehash of everything that has been seen so many times elsewhere. Plus, it seems as if it wrapped up at the time of the Golden Jubillee, which makes it already 10 years out of date.

A Kate free program. Thank you  Champagne
scworldtraveler
Banned
Big Member

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »

but do we still get to see some nudity in these vids?
lilibet keeps on letting her people walk around like it's no one's business and soon all royal documentaries will be rated R!! which mean kate/will won't be able to watch and learn from them!! Supercontent

A Kate free program. Thank you  Champagne
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:04:07 PM »

I don't know that's the right thread but I can't find the one of general information! Maybe this question is trivial but: Can someone cleary explain why Prince Philip is Prince Consort and not King? Because I know that both Camilla and Catherine will be one day Queen Consort... I don't get it!

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »

I don't know that's the right thread but I can't find the one of general information! Maybe this question is trivial but: Can someone cleary explain why Prince Philip is Prince Consort and not King? Because I know that both Camilla and Catherine will be one day Queen Consort... I don't get it!

Not to sure but I think a King ranks higher, and also the old tradition where a woman takes the title from her husband. So if your a queen in your own right , your husband is Prince.... / Prince Consort . A queen consort is not a queen in her own right , only queen because of her husband. At the time of their wedding it was announced that Camilla will be known as Princess Consort . Whether this will change or not , or it might never be on the table we have to wait and see. The Netherlands had passed a law to say that Maxima would be known as Princess Consort , but as she was and is popular it was rescinded.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »

Not to sure but I think a King ranks higher, and also the old tradition where a woman takes the title from her husband. So if your a queen in your own right , your husband is Prince.... / Prince Consort . A queen consort is not a queen in her own right , only queen because of her husband. At the time of their wedding it was announced that Camilla will be known as Princess Consort . Whether this will change or not , or it might never be on the table we have to wait and see. The Netherlands had passed a law to say that Maxima would be known as Princess Consort , but as she was and is popular it was rescinded.

That is it - the king is higher in rank than the queen. Philip would only be king if he was the heir and Lizzy his wife, but because Lizzy inherited the English throne he could not become king.

Camilla could (technically speaking) become queen, but it was announced to soften the Brits that she would not. A lot of British people back than felt sorry for Diana who wanted to be Queen one day and they did not want to add salt in that wound.
a commoner
Banned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »

Things have changed since Charles and Camilla married.  The public have got used to her and she seems to be genuinely liked.  I expect when the time comes she will be accepted as Queen Consort and crowned as such alongside Charles.   
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »

I can't remember a law was passed about the title of Máxima. But I know there was discussion about in the Netherlands. As we were used to a Queen with a Prince Consort it sounded strange Máxima would become Queen. Previously we have heard the same explanation as mentioned above.

If I am correct prince Henrik of Denmark is also a Prince Consort. While Mary, when Frederik ascends the throne, will propably be Queen.

Sometimes I also heard the distinction of Queen and Queen Regnant. This to emphasize the difference between a Queen as a wife of ruling King and a ruling Queen.
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »

Now I'm even more confused Thank you for your replies Yes

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »

A queen regnant (plural: queens regnant) is a female monarch who reigns in her own right, in contrast to a queen consort, who is the wife of a reigning king. An empress regnant is a female monarch who reigns in her own right over an empire.

Denmark and England both have Queen's that reign in their own right. Sylvia , Max , ect  are Queen Consorts .
ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

I can't remember a law was passed about the title of Máxima. But I know there was discussion about in the Netherlands. As we were used to a Queen with a Prince Consort it sounded strange Máxima would become Queen. Previously we have heard the same explanation as mentioned above.

If I am correct prince Henrik of Denmark is also a Prince Consort. While Mary, when Frederik ascends the throne, will propably be Queen.

Sometimes I also heard the distinction of Queen and Queen Regnant. This to emphasize the difference between a Queen as a wife of ruling King and a ruling Queen.

I would have thought that since Camilla will be Queen Consort, the same applies to Mary as she
   also is the wife of the heir. Don't think she will be Queen in the true sense but just a Consort.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »

Mary will be Queen consort as well (provided they don't split up). Not Queen like Margrethe but Queen like Silvia, Sophia, etc.

devin22

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 02:32:51 AM »

That is it - the king is higher in rank than the queen. Philip would only be king if he was the heir and Lizzy his wife, but because Lizzy inherited the English throne he could not become king.

Camilla could (technically speaking) become queen, but it was announced to soften the Brits that she would not. A lot of British people back than felt sorry for Diana who wanted to be Queen one day and they did not want to add salt in that wound.
No hardly, Charles's pr team thought it would be a good move image wise to add the Princess Consort bit to smooth the marriage over.
And Diana wanting to be Queen Consort, well she wouldn't have pulled the stunts she did. And would probably still be married to Charles albeit a very long overdrawn loveless marriage it would be. Thank god they ended it.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »

A queen regnant (plural: queens regnant) is a female monarch who reigns in her own right, in contrast to a queen consort, who is the wife of a reigning king. An empress regnant is a female monarch who reigns in her own right over an empire.
Denmark and England both have Queen's that reign in their own right. Sylvia , Max , ect  are Queen Consorts .
Exactly. Elizabeth, Margrethe, and Beatrix were all Queens Regnant--heirs to the throne.
Maxima/Mathilde/Sofia/Sonja/Silvia are all Queens Consort, but are called Queen because it's shorter/simpler.
The same will be true for Camilla/Letizia/MM/Mary.
It's really just a matter of semantics.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: