Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: What do you think?
They're cute - 70 (70.7%)
They're perfect! - 29 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch royal children  (Read 185860 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2017, 04:41:43 PM »

Agree Pixie Star

Hug Star
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: August 03, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

I agree with both of you  Tongue
EstellesBows

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »

If the worst thing we can say abut Wax and Max as parents is 'sometimes their daughters have messy hair', I think they're doing a fine job. This isn't a Mosh and Izzy situation where their kids are wearing ill fitting hand-me-downs* and shoes with holes in them while the family looks miserable.

I'm also being a bit lenient for a couple of reasons:

1. A couple of Dutch Dishers have posted before saying that the 'fashion'/'done thing' among young Dutch girls/women is long hair worn out and that the AAA's hair looks like most other Dutch girls. If the AAAs are given some say when it comes to their clothes/hair (which is perfectly age appropriate for 10-13 year olds), they might be expressing that they want it long and down like everyone else does. They might be princesses, but they are also tween girls who want to be 'cool'.

2. My hair is very quick to get messy (I am ALWAYS brushing it), but having short hair/wearing it up does not suit me at all. I wish it did, it would be so convenient, but I look like Miss Trunchbull if I do a ponytail/bun/braid. So I am also quite guilty of having long messy hair even though I'm otherwise tidy and well groomed.  I would NOT want my hair tied up under any circumstances, but especially for a photoshoot that will be all over the internet.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »

People who live out of a representative roll should be concerned with the way they look and the image they portray - that is a big part of it all!!!

If the parents were not worried about their images because they were so much more concerned with more important things, they wouldn't be taking the time to pose to these extremely planned and staged pictures, with all of them wearing colour coordinated outfits and posing as smily family to clearly be distributed to the press.  Wink

I couldn't agree more.  Star

Thinking the girls' hair looks messy in an official photo doesn't mean I'm shallow and vain.  If Max and Wax truly couldn't care less about appearances, they wouldn't go to all the trouble of wearing clean clothes, jewels, orders, etc.  Roll Eyes  I'm sure they are more worried about their children's well-being than their hair, but they wouldn't pose for official photos if they didn't care about appearances either.  Basic grooming is always an expectation for anybody, royal or otherwise when they're out in public, at work, etc.

....hang on you two. MAX has no idea what a comb is. Blink

brushing or combing her own hair or that of her daughter's hair is quite alien to her

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »

Today, Alexia, will have her first day on secondary education (voortgezet onderwijs). She will be a so called brugklasser (brugpieper). As 1st year secondary education is called
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »

Today, Alexia, will have her first day on secondary education (voortgezet onderwijs). She will be a so called brugklasser (brugpieper). As 1st year secondary education is called

Here she is!  Photo taken by Willem-Alexander:

And a short video clip, also by WA:

https://www.facebook.com/...s/videos/879877098827979/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:36:04 PM by Phina » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »

Thanks Phina  Thumb up
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »

Thanks Phina  Thumb up

Beer

BTW, I love the perspective of Dutch life you always give us Principessa.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2017, 05:28:33 PM »

Thanks Phina  Thumb up

Beer

BTW, I love the perspective of Dutch life you always give us Principessa.

You are welcome  Grin
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: August 21, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »

By the way Alexia will just like other Dutch children bike to school, in her case a ride of about 11 kilometers. One of the main differences will be the security guards accompanying her on the way  Wink

I have had 7 years of secondary education in total, in different towns. But all of them were about 1/2 hour bike ride away from my parental house. My parents were strict, only at special occassions my parents (or elder siblings with drivers license) would drive me to school. I had almost finished school when I got my own drivers license, but still not allowed to take the car  to school 
Lizardcandy

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2017, 12:40:29 AM »

awh she's sweet and a Maxima miniature!

I love they all bike, but what do they do in the winter? Does the snow get cleared so they're able to pass?
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »

awh she's sweet and a Maxima miniature!

I love they all bike, but what do they do in the winter? Does the snow get cleared so they're able to pass?

If I remember correctly, bike lanes are cleared before the car lanes. And there is not that kind of snow in Holland as it is in, say, NY, thanks to the Gulfstream. This is a clip of rush hour in Amsterdam, just to have an idea of the kind of bike traffic there is:
https://youtu.be/fQdwlNkirKg
And here is one of rush hour in Utrecht during snow time (I have seen one from CCTVs, but I am unable to find it now):
https://youtu.be/ZMv3OB6XHvQ
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:34 AM »

In my memories the winters used to be more harsh in the past, including the (amount of) snow. There were times you would decide to walk instead of biking.

Some bicycle lanes will be cleared, while others (less used, or in a rural area) not. Just like the regular roads, both the car and shared ones. Over the years I have biked to school and more (university, work, sports, going out etc.)  in variable types of weather. I hate slippery lanes and rain with hard winds the most. The first can lead to nasty falls and accidents, while the last one can leave you wet and cold onto the bones. There are so called rainsuits, but often are of bad breathing materials, which results in being more wet of sweat then rain.

Recently I read an article about foreign tourists in the Netherlands, how they experienced the country and it inhibitants. One of the remarks was of some young boys who wondered how girls managed to bike while wearing short skirts.
Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2017, 11:44:27 PM »

You just go and bike, I guess. The only time I ever stayed home because of the weather was when a thick layer of snow slightly melted and then re-froze. It was impossible to bike, I tried and I think it took me over an hour to bike to the end of our village and back again. Biking on the road was not an option because of the cars slipping along the road. It usually took me about  35-45 minutes by bike to get to school.

The rain-suits are horrible, sweaty, nasty things. I'd rather be wet and cold than wear one.
Bike paths are usually cleared and salted to make them safe to use, but sometimes it depends on the city how quickly it gets done. And the more rural you get, the longer it can take.

Kids tend to travel in packs when they bike to school. In my day the oldest boys would bike in front to keep the younger kids out of the wind so they'd be less tired when they arrived at school. It was quite a lot of fun actually.

Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: August 23, 2017, 12:06:30 AM »

In my day the oldest boys would bike in front to keep the younger kids out of the wind so they'd be less tired when they arrived at school. It was quite a lot of fun actually.

Aw, that's a really sweet scenario!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: