Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In Memoriam: Prince Claus  (Read 13669 times)
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »

I think that Claus von Amsberg was wrong to marry Crown Princess Beatrix.  Apparently, he was on the rebound from Countess Gunilla von Bismarck and IMO he did not think clearly because he was on the rebound.
anirac

Medium Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »

Any sources about the story with Gunilla (one of the sisters of Ferdinand von Bismarck,a very good friend of him, and more tan 20 years younger then him) Huh? Don't get me wrong  Beer , but I am not a newbie when it comes down to the Dutch Royals (literaly I learnt reading with them ) and I never heard about it.
But otherwise even IF it was like this, it turned out to be a wonderful marriage with much of affections from both sides. (Sorry but these two are my royal Achilles heel  Lolipop )

I owe so much to my wife.You cannot imagine what I'm feeling.It's fabulous.Thank you,Beatrix.

Perhaps history will bear out that the choice of my partner was my best decision.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »

Any sources about the story with Gunilla (one of the sisters of Ferdinand von Bismarck,a very good friend of him, and more tan 20 years younger then him) Huh? Don't get me wrong  Beer , but I am not a newbie when it comes down to the Dutch Royals (literaly I learnt reading with them ) and I never heard about it.
But otherwise even IF it was like this, it turned out to be a wonderful marriage with much of affections from both sides. (Sorry but these two are my royal Achilles heel  Lolipop )
I agree. Even with Claus' depression issues and Bea's ascension to the throne it appears that they were a very good team. The family appears to have very close bonds that were evident at his funeral. I really appreciate the way that they have rallied around Mabel and her children after Friso's accident. Besides that Claus and Bea set the standard on how to prepare their other sons for life outside the royal bubble. Both of their sons know that there would be limited activities on behalf of the DRF and that they would be expected to have their own careers.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »

It seemed to be a lovely, solid match between Beatrix and Claus. They were a real team with values they maintained for themselves and their children. I think prince Claus was one of the most popular royals in the Netherlands at  time of death.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 05:03:28 PM »

Thank you for all the info Principessa! Star What a perfect consort Beatrix made the right choice, and so did Alexander Blush
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »

As mentioned before this month it is 10 years after the death and funeral of prince Claus. Because of this a very interesting an impressive documentary about prince Claus was broadcasted by the Dutch Broadcaster NOS yesterday evening. I will see if I can find it on the internet, but as it is predominantly in Dutch it will hard to understand for the most of you (with exception of those who can understand Dutch (a bit)  Wink )

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »

Prince Claus with his wife Queen Beatrix on the day of her investure, April 30, 1980     
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/83963221
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »

Prince Claus danced with Princess Beatrix at an international press ball in Amsterdam in 1973.     
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/159115439
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 09:26:40 PM »

Prince Claus danced with Princess Beatrix at an international press ball in Amsterdam in 1973.     

The two of them were such a sweet pair.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »

The two of them were such a sweet pair.

Somewhere there is a very sweet picture of them dancing cheek to cheek, and Beatrix having a very happy, a bit dreamy smile / expression on her face. I always loved the picture of the couple.

I also had to laugh about 2 years ago. With a friend I visited the tour of Berleburg castle (Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg homestead). For the Dutch participants the tour guide highlighted the Beatrix - Claus story and a specific 'love couch' (a.o. that Richard was a cover up for Claus Wink )

LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 09:56:15 AM »

So sad, the Parkinson's is so clear in him here - my father had it for 25 years  Cry

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »

So sad, the Parkinson's is so clear in him here - my father had it for 25 years  Cry

Yes, so sad and  Hug to you.

For many Dutch Claus looked very frail for a long time, due to his Parkinson (and depressions). But when his light was more visible you would notice his humour, sharp mind and him being proud of his wife and family. In his last years I became a real popular member of the Dutch RF amongst Dutch.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 04:14:00 AM »

Prince Claus participated in the annual four day march of Nijmegen, an event for soldiers and civilians. July 25, 1967   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/173115003
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:38 AM »

Prince Claus participated in the annual four day march of Nijmegen, an event for soldiers and civilians. July 25, 1967   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/173115003

An event that this year is canceled due to Corona.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nijmeegse_Vierdaagse
https://en.wikipedia.org/...our_Days_Marches_Nijmegen

Over the years I have several colleagues, friends and acquintances who participated in this event. But also some who just enjoyed the parties during these days, who supported the hikers and such (by food and drinks; cooling down with water; first aid etc.)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 04:01:10 PM »

Dank u vel Principessa for sharing this information. I admit that I had no idea that this event took place and that it has been held for over 100 years.

The little video in the English Wikipedia of the young Canadian boy with the Canadian troops and the WWII veteran was charming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: