Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sophie, The Countess of Wessex  (Read 1128731 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3735 on: March 30, 2022, 09:58:36 PM »

IIRC Edward did an interview last year where he said that Philip approached them a few days before their engagement was announced to ask them if they would be ok with waiting for a Dukedom so they could get Edinburgh after both Philip’s passing and Charles’s accession.  According to Edward Philip was quite keen to see the title live on and hadn’t thought of the idea before Andrew’s marriage so Edward it was.

I think the interview was over the summer with The Telegraph if anyone can find it.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3736 on: March 30, 2022, 11:02:12 PM »

Do you think having done that kind of forces Charles' hand into definitely passing the title to him?  I confess to still not fully understanding the ins and outs of titles and passing of titles, etc.

And would Sophie then be the Duchess of Edinburgh?
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3737 on: March 30, 2022, 11:08:54 PM »

Do you think having done that kind of forces Charles' hand into definitely passing the title to him?  I confess to still not fully understanding the ins and outs of titles and passing of titles, etc.

Yes, if/when Edward becomes the Duke of Edinburgh, then Sophie will become the Duchess.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3738 on: March 30, 2022, 11:15:06 PM »

I wouldn't fear that Charles does not do what Philipp wanted. Plus: Ed is a bit boring, but he and Sophie are absolute assets to the BRF and I am sure that Charles knows that. With Andrew gone he also knows that they will have to keep working. They are well liked and I think if the title is used again, then these two would be ideal candidates.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3739 on: March 31, 2022, 12:15:42 AM »

Oof another rough outfit.

Is that a frigging zip at the front? Plus see-through? Eek!!!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3740 on: March 31, 2022, 12:24:05 AM »

Sophie #CountessofWessex at the Arab Women of Year Awards.
Also with Maggie Gobran

Could the floral cuff be her mask?  I often will wear mine on my wrist if I am somewhere I don’t need to wear it.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3741 on: March 31, 2022, 12:48:36 AM »

The official statement by BP is as follows:

"The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales have also agreed that the Prince Edward should be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh in due course, when the present title held now by Prince Philip eventually reverts to the Crown."

We do know that Charles isn't able to keep his word so it is possible he will go back on that publicly announced intention - an agreement announced on Edward's wedding day.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3742 on: March 31, 2022, 01:24:07 AM »

Shouldn't Sophie be a duchess to begin with ? Why didn't Edward receive a Duke title when he got married ?
I think it had to do with liking the Wessex title because of a character in "Shakespeare In Love", but it wasn't a dukedom. The rumor is that Cambridge was originally theirs, but went with Wessex instead.

Star
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3743 on: May 05, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »

LEAF
@LEAF_Farming
HRH Countess of Wessex our Honorary President meets LEAF Chairman, Philip Wynn, #LEAFMarque chairman Tom Green, LEAF staff and representatives from
@RagleyHall
 during her visit to commemorate our 30th anniversary.  #LEAF30
@RoyalFamily

@LEAF_Education

This is @LEAF_Education in action today @RagleyHall. HRH Countess of Wessex joins children from @olcalcester as they take part in blind milk tasting & creating their own cereal snack. #Food #Farming #Environment #LEAF30 #LEAFMarque
@RoyalFamily @JordansCereals
 🚜🐝🍓🥛

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3744 on: May 06, 2022, 08:53:55 PM »

OSCAR International
@OscarUKTour

A proud moment for @OSCAR_fdn to host a lunch in the presence of Royal Patron, HRH The Countess of Wessex. An occasion to celebrate OSCAR's work in low income communities in India, to thank those who support us & share plans to reach out to more children in 2022/23 @RoyalFamily
HRH gave an emotional account of her visit to Sassoon Dock fish market, highlighting the challenging, poorly paid work OSCAR mothers do peeling prawns. "The Countess gives us the courage to continue our work. We are blessed to have her support." @ashokrathod04#countessofwessex

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3745 on: May 06, 2022, 09:21:59 PM »

Good for her. I don't like the blouse, but it does work with this outfit. I don't like ruffles at the neck, but this is well done and a great color on her. God, I hope Charles appreciates the Wessexes.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3746 on: May 06, 2022, 10:07:04 PM »

God, I hope Charles appreciates the Wessexes.
[/quote]

I don’t think Charles does appreciate them but hopefully time will tell.  You never see him or Camilla pictured interacting with Edward or Sophie at any events.  Think Charles is just jealous of anyone who “gets in his way” or that of his direct bloodline. 

I do love Sophie in this rose pink color but do like her hair a bit shorter.  The length and straightening just ages her, makes her look more drawn out.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #3747 on: May 06, 2022, 10:13:03 PM »

God, I hope Charles appreciates the Wessexes.

I don’t think Charles does appreciate them but hopefully time will tell.  You never see him or Camilla pictured interacting with Edward or Sophie at any events.  Think Charles is just jealous of anyone who “gets in his way” or that of his direct bloodline. 

I do love Sophie in this rose pink color but do like her hair a bit shorter.  The length and straightening just ages her, makes her look more drawn out.
[/quote]

Me too.  I've been wishing for a few years now that she'd go back to a shorter, bouncier hairstyle.   She has great bone structure and would look so pretty now, if she'd only figure out her hair.     

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3748 on: May 14, 2022, 04:53:05 PM »

5/13.  She looks lovely.

Sophie arriving at Royal Windsor Horse Show for A Gallop Through Time in celebration of the Platinum Jubilee👑
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:45:10 PM by Aubiette » Logged
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3749 on: May 14, 2022, 09:00:24 PM »

Not bad at all, classic and understated. Hair and makeup are nice.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: