Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatrice engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi  (Read 52129 times)
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: January 20, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »

I’m not even convinced that Charlotte and Louis will be needed as working royals in 25+ years.  Sure numbers wise it would make sense when you think of the current roster but with the possible changes throughout the Commonwealth and their status as younger children it might be better to anticipate different roles than that of FT working royals.

Europe, especially Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands, give examples of how smaller royal families can be effective representatives for their countries.

Yep.

Sweden seems to be setting the stage for just the Sovereign Couple and Heir Couple to be working in the future...as does Denmark.  It will be interesting to see what Norway does but they also appear to be heading in that direction.  Luxembourg is a hot mess right now and I don't know much about Liechtenstein but it appear to me that only the UK is majorly lagging with the times.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »

They neeed high quality royals or slim down. Nobody is going to try and get rid of the Queen, but once she is gone, a lot of commonwealth states will just wave bye bye.

Bea and Eugenie are in the "okayish" range, but not brilliant royals that you desperately need them. Plus seeing them you are always reminded of mom and dad ...

I always love it when people say something like 'a lot of commonwealth state will just wave bye bye' when the Queen dies. When she came to the throne the vast majority of commonwealth countries had her as their Head of State. During her reign they have become independent and republics (some at the same time and others have taken a two step process to get to that state). There are now only 15 left and I am not even convinced that all of them will be monarchies when The Queen dies. Barbados and Jamaica both have republican governments but the majority of the population, according to the polls still favour the Queen as Head of State. If the polls change then they will become republics regardless of whether the Queen is still the Queen or not.

The Commonwealth will continue to thrive with new countries, with no links to the former British empire, applying to join (and being allowed to do so).
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2020, 02:34:23 AM »

I would agree Luvcharles. Also, the recent dumpster fire at BP has also had the side effect of making some other members of the family look shinier.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2020, 08:12:26 AM »

Recently Beatrice and fiancé were in St. Moritz, Switserland for the wedding of Dasha Zhukova (ex of Abramovich) and Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos.

https://www.dailymail.co....in-Princess-Beatrice.html
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: January 21, 2020, 08:45:06 AM »

Recently Beatrice and fiancé were in St. Moritz, Switserland for the wedding of Dasha Zhukova (ex of Abramovich) and Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos.

https://www.dailymail.co....in-Princess-Beatrice.html

I don't have much hope that she'll ever grow up. She and her sister really have potential, but with this partying friends crowd that won't amount for much.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2020, 10:58:17 PM »

Congrats on 4500 posts.  Jumping

I can't quite believe she has a real job. What does she do?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: