Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 441554 times)
Mary Stuart

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: April 23, 2019, 11:35:46 PM »

Are 11-year-olds allowed to drive  cars in private estates? I think this happened last year too, but didn't make it to the front pages because of the affair in Mallorca.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk...age-a-9_1555966649397.jpg
Last year
https://pbs.twimg.com/car...rmat=jpg&name=600x314

Yes, as long as they are on private land he can drive.

Lord G°n

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: April 23, 2019, 11:44:02 PM »

I believe he is too young.  What would happen,God forbid, if there was an accident?
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: April 23, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »

I used to drive on my grandfather farm in his old work truck from about 10 or so. He didnít care about the truck and we could only drive on his farm road - from the house to the mailbox. We would never dare drive anywhere else and there was but nothing but fields and we couldnít really get into much trouble ( now the moped was a different story).
But me and all my cousins were excellent drivers by the time we turned 16 and it was fun for us.
I think itís pretty common and innocent for kids who live on private farmland / estates
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: April 24, 2019, 02:02:45 AM »

I used to drive on my grandfather farm in his old work truck from about 10 or so. He didnít care about the truck and we could only drive on his farm road - from the house to the mailbox. We would never dare drive anywhere else and there was but nothing but fields and we couldnít really get into much trouble ( now the moped was a different story).
But me and all my cousins were excellent drivers by the time we turned 16 and it was fun for us.
I think itís pretty common and innocent for kids who live on private farmland / estates

Me too Cord!  I started on a tractor at 10 or 12 and was a very good driver by 16. Life on a farm had its benefits.
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: April 24, 2019, 06:39:21 AM »

I believe he is too young.  What would happen,God forbid, if there was an accident?

None of us know how fast or far they were going.  I know plenty of people who started driving on farm/private land at that age in the US. With proper supervision I see no problem, it gets you used to a vehicle before you take on on a road for the first time.

As for what would happen? At the I'm sure low speeds they were going you'd fix whatever broke and it becomes a learning experience.
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: April 24, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »

Itís private land so itís not against the law. James is also sat on Sophieís lap so she can take over control at any time. He also probable canít reach the pedals so Sophie is likely to be controlling the speed (and any time he has been shown driving, heís been sat on his mum or dadís lap).

I get the impression that James really likes cars and he does this a lot. Even the Queen mentioned it during a car related engagement a couple of years ago. She said her grandson who was 9 at the time was always trying to drive cars, especially hers!

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Lord G°n

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: April 24, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »

Different lifestyles,obviously. The legal age here is 18 ,minimum 15 for two- , three- wheeled mopeds and light quadricycles ,and 16 for more powerful  motorcycles . Where I live, smallholders are dispersed all over the place,very often  within a walking distance. At times,tractor accidents involving children  may occur on the farms. I know  that, both  in urban and rural areas ,a  kid over 16 --with an adult--   may  start driving on bylanes, but I don't even know if that is legal. Nowadays, more and more people are getting used to driving even short distances, but we tend to walk to places. Or cycle, or use public transport.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:30:10 AM by Lord G°n » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: April 24, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »

I think itís 15 or 16 in the UK
15 minimum with a hardship in Texas and 16 for everyone. I think other states are mainly 16
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »

15 minimum with a hardship in Texas and 16 for everyone. I think other states are mainly 16
16 seems to be the norm in the US with being able to get a learners permit varying between 14-15 1/2.  I know back in the dark ages I got my license at 16 in Michigan but all the states I've lived in seem to be 16 with having had a permit or 18 without.
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: April 24, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »

16 seems to be the norm in the US with being able to get a learners permit varying between 14-15 1/2.  I know back in the dark ages I got my license at 16 in Michigan but all the states I've lived in seem to be 16 with having had a permit or 18 without.

It's the insurance here. If you get permit first, then license it costs less for insurance. 
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: May 09, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »

Lady Louise steals the spotlight! Proud mother Sophie watches her daughter, 15, place third in a carriage driving contest - as the Queen and Philip enjoy the Royal Windsor Horse Show
* Duke of Edinburgh, 97, drove his horse and carriage to the Windsor Horse show
* Seemed in good spirits after meeting his new great-grandson Archie yesterday
* Sophie Wessex also made an appearance, looking smart in blue coat
* Lady Louise Windsor could be seen warming up before Private Driving Singles

https://www.dailymail.co....y-Windsor-Horse-show.html <-- More pics here

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »

I am happy she got braces and wow, she looks like a upper class girl now -very classy. Sophie and Ed did a good job.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: May 09, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »

I am happy she got braces and wow, she looks like a upper class girl now -very classy. Sophie and Ed did a good job.

Me too. She is coming out of one of those awkward phases most kids have, and she looks great! 
Lady Liebe

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: May 09, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »

Agree that Sophie and Ed have done fine job, upper class looks, but she seems to me very down to earth too.

Great to see Phillip out and about.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: