Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 571012 times)
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: December 11, 2020, 01:10:35 AM »

Oh that hat! 
Love the food prep engagement.
I read an article last night calling Ed, Sophie, W&K, C&C, and Anne the Queens “magnificent seven”. Catchy title. I like it.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: December 11, 2020, 01:31:19 AM »

Oh that hat! 
I read an article last night calling Ed, Sophie, W&K, C&C, and Anne the Queens “magnificent seven”. Catchy title. I like it.

Love it!

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2177 on: December 11, 2020, 01:58:36 AM »

Oh that hat! 

Here in Australia, on Sunrise on Channel 7 this morning, they had 'The New Firm' and had 8 - The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Edward and Sophie. I wanted to scream. Philip has retired and no Anne. They then had some 'expert' from the UK whom I have never seen before saying that this was going to be the 'working firm' from now on. No mention of Anne which angered me no end and the fact they included Philip. I also don't believe for one moment that the Queen's cousins are basically being tossed out at this stage of their lives (note that the Gloucesters and Duke of Kent all had engagements on the 10th. The one I am concerned about is Alexandra who hasn't done many engagements this year at all and none at all since 30th July and prior to that the 10th June).

I do think that The Queen and her 7 working descendants will do about 85% of the work going forward with no new royals introduced to the working roster for another two decades - when George will be 27 and probably finishing his military service by which time only William and Catherine will be under 60 - and only just.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: December 11, 2020, 02:19:05 AM »

Alexandra hasn’t been in the best of health for several years so I wouldn’t be surprised if she retired in the not to distant future...she is nearly 84 after all. 

Brigitte is another one that I could see being ok with being “sidelined” as she’s been pretty steadily easy back the last five years...145 (2015), 121 (2016), 113 (2017), 90 (2018), and 84 (2019).

Both Dukes are still going strong.

As for George...I hope he’s given military training but that he’s not encouraged to serve beyond the reserves considering being non-deployable and really needing to start royal life in his mid-20s.  He’s be better served doing a gap year followed by a 3/4 year degree and then 3/4 of “royal training”...think 6 months or so with each service, a few months at an embassy, a few months in another Commonwealth Realm (or two), etc.  William will be the heir around 45 but George will be around 35 so what was done in the past might not be the best option.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2179 on: December 22, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »

The Wessex's Christmas card:
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2180 on: December 22, 2020, 08:21:34 PM »

I'm a big fan of Sophie but still I find it a little strange to not include your minor children in a Christmas card photo....and their names are on it even though they aren't in the picture. 
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #2181 on: December 23, 2020, 09:08:53 AM »

I'm a big fan of Sophie but still I find it a little strange to not include your minor children in a Christmas card photo....and their names are on it even though they aren't in the picture. 

Maybe they simply don't like getting photographed?
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: December 23, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »

Maybe, as the children stand no chance to become working royals, they are not “reprezentative” for The Firm.
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: December 23, 2020, 06:41:35 PM »

Maybe they simply don't like getting photographed?

If they didn't want to be photographed, I'm cool with that. 

It's just...if I got a Christmas Card of a family with children and it was just the adults I would be bummed out, adults look the same every year, lol.  Sorry I just can't help it!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: December 29, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »

I guess they are included in private Christmas cards. They won't be working royals (if Andrew and Fergie had turned out differently they would not play a great role now) - so it is clever not to bring them into the lime light and all its nastiness in the first place.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2185 on: December 29, 2020, 05:08:11 PM »

Plus we really do see a quite a bit of Louise and James throughout the year. They do family engagements - a zoo visit springs to mind. So it's not like they are hidden away. I am guessing, as has been mentioned above, that they are featured in Christmas cards of a more personal and familial nature.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2186 on: December 30, 2020, 10:36:33 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a "professional" Christmas card (seen here) and a "personal" Christmas card that includes the children that is sent to family/friends.

Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2187 on: January 22, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »

“My father received his vaccine, he’s 89 years old and I’m just so happy.”
-The Countess of Wessex

https://mobile.twitter.co...tatus/1352211006253051904
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2188 on: February 26, 2021, 12:59:44 AM »

Prince Edward Says His Two Teenagers Are 'Chalk and Cheese' When It Comes to Homeschooling

https://people.com/royals...se-james-viscount-severn/

Prince Edward's teenagers couldn't be more different when it comes to homeschooling.

Queen Elizabeth's youngest son, 56, told Sky News that Lady Louise, 17, and James, Viscount Severn, 13, are "chalk and cheese" about adjusting to online learning amid the COVID-19 crisis.

U.K. students receive a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) after passing a series of tests, and Edward explained that Lady Louise's exams were "interrupted" last year due to the pandemic.

"So we went through that whole pain of just having all of that suddenly taken away, and so she sort of struggles a bit with the online learning because she'd much prefer to be with everyone," he explained.

Meanwhile, James is a fan of homeschooling: "My younger one frankly thinks being at home and online is fantastic."

The royal dad did joke that the schools' half term break came at "just the right time."

"The frustrations that were beginning to show — and I reckon we weren't the only family to have experienced that," he said. "I count our blessings that we're lucky where we are."

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2189 on: February 27, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »

Ed and Sophie seem to be pretty good parents and they act like they really enjoy their kids.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: