Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 579561 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:46 PM »

Happy Birthday to Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex!  Grin Grin Grin
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: March 10, 2021, 10:52:33 PM »

Happy birthday Champagne
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: March 16, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co....ocial-twitter_dailymailUK

Ed & Sophie volunteered at a charity for homeless people

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: March 16, 2021, 10:40:11 AM »

At the beginning I wasn't a fan of either of them, but with time they also grew on me. Both are "silent" helpers, supporters and such, and also having fun.
Emac0914

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: March 16, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »

At the beginning I wasn't a fan of either of them, but with time they also grew on me. Both are "silent" helpers, supporters and such, and also having fun.

I totally agree, Principessa.  I didn’t care for what seemed like a “frumpy old” young couple when they got married.  They have grown on me, too, especially Sophie.  I like how she has developed her style and manner of carrying herself, the quiet, behind-most people’s knowledge work with patronages and charities and how they’ve quietly raised their children.  They’re kind of like Anne, just not quite as opinionated but hard-working, not seeking attention or limelight.  I can see why the Queen enjoys Sophie’s company, they appear to think a lot alike.
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: March 16, 2021, 03:07:06 PM »

I'm pretty indifferent on Edward, but I do like Sophie. She's an excellent asset to the family.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: March 16, 2021, 09:35:04 PM »

Is it possible that someone from the press ever assumed that the Countess' real first name was Sophia instead of Sophie?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: March 30, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »

Why?

Sophie (and to some extent Anne, though as the only daughter of the Queen she might be given more free ways) is my answer to all those:
...but she couldn't overshadow … and was therefore told not to work more.
This was used by Margreth who (according to the new gospel "the Crown"  Tongue) was depressingly bored, longed something meaningful to do and was told no by the Crown, as this would take away from the Glamour reserved to the Queen and Lady Di.
It was used by the Kate and Will supporters to explain their lack of work, since they could not be seen working more or more efficiently than Camilla and Chuck...
And of course this was used by Meghan and Harry.
Yet, looking at Sophie's endless, efficient but rarely headline-making work, all of that has been bullshit.
So basically in the above mentioned cases 1 and 3: it wasn't about work to do good or to combat boredom, but to gain limelight and headlines and do the fun stuff.
Because as I can personally attest: charities forever need hands to do the gritty, and never ever does the press cover me instead of the head honchos.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: March 30, 2021, 05:07:42 PM »

Why?

Sophie (and to some extent Anne, though as the only daughter of the Queen she might be given more free ways) is my answer to all those:
...but she couldn't overshadow … and was therefore told not to work more.
This was used by Margreth who (according to the new gospel "the Crown"  Tongue) was depressingly bored, longed something meaningful to do and was told no by the Crown, as this would take away from the Glamour reserved to the Queen and Lady Di.
It was used by the Kate and Will supporters to explain their lack of work, since they could not be seen working more or more efficiently than Camilla and Chuck...
And of course this was used by Meghan and Harry.
Yet, looking at Sophie's endless, efficient but rarely headline-making work, all of that has been bullshit.
So basically in the above mentioned cases 1 and 3: it wasn't about work to do good or to combat boredom, but to gain limelight and headlines and do the fun stuff.
Because as I can personally attest: charities forever need hands to do the gritty, and never ever does the press cover me instead of the head honchos.

Exactly.

Also, although she did not exactly like all the bread and butter assignments, Margaret did do them.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: