Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 626598 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: July 14, 2021, 06:53:17 AM »

And Edward was said to be both HM's and PP's favourite child.  Wink

I thought it was well known Andrew was the queens favourite and Anne was Philips.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2326 on: July 14, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »

My understanding is that the Queen favours Andrew, Philip favours Anne but collectively The Queen AND Philip favoured Edward. Poor Charles.

I think what this really says is that other than Charles the other three were clearly loved by their parents but Charles was on the outer with both parents for a variety of reasons: The Queen because he represents her mortality ... for him to be King she needs to be dead and for Philip he wasn't the type of son he wanted.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2327 on: July 14, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »

Part of me wonders if the idea of not giving Edwards the title has been discussed somewhere and they decided the best way to see how the public respond is to leak it out there and see the reaction. The reality is most people won't care but it is quite unfair of Charles if he thinks this way. A new story about it has appeared in the DM today. I wonder if HM might not step in and make it clear it was agreed by all when Edward married and she wants it seen through, making that public even would put Charles in an impossible bind as his mother is much more respected and liked than he is. Add to that that big sister Anne would likely side with her mother and younger brother and I wouldn't like to be in Charles' shoes if this is in anyway true.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2328 on: July 14, 2021, 01:08:35 PM »

The conspiracy nut in me (I am in lock down remember for another two weeks at least here in Sydney) wonders whether this story was a 'tester' whereby Charles told one person to test their trustworthiness ...it has happened before I believe especially by both his sons. If Charles does suspect a leak, within his own household, he may have leaked different stories to those he suspects to see which story reaches the media and now he will know. He may not act immediately.

Hey I am going 'rock happy' here with just a dog and no major sport at the moment (one-day cricket doesn't count - bring on the tests).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: July 14, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »

The conspiracy nut in me (I am in lock down remember for another two weeks at least here in Sydney) wonders whether this story was a 'tester' whereby Charles told one person to test their trustworthiness ...it has happened before I believe especially by both his sons. If Charles does suspect a leak, within his own household, he may have leaked different stories to those he suspects to see which story reaches the media and now he will know. He may not act immediately.

Hey I am going 'rock happy' here with just a dog and no major sport at the moment (one-day cricket doesn't count - bring on the tests).

Good luck over there!!
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: July 14, 2021, 03:05:28 PM »

IMO, this is exactly why Ed will get the DoE.

Phil was larger than life and will always be associated with Edinburgh. What better way to have the go on than to have the title go to your youngest child, the one who has taken on the cause closest to Philís heart. Also, the child who has arguably been the most normal, the most beige and bland.

Sophie takes on a title that belonged to HM, the daughter in law who keeps her head down, digs in and performs at a high level, tackling sensitive topics.

At Edís death, the title will pass to James, no longer a working royal or holding HRH status (no, I donít believe At 18 James will ask for his HRH Prince James title) and Edinburgh will carry on into the land of beige and bland.

Forever allowing Philís legacy as the Duke of Edinburgh to last and outshine whilst protecting who comes into the title in the future.
And Sophie is said to be a favorite of the queen.

seems they say that about others in the rf or who are part of it.  i think it's to try and stir things up.  either that, or the queen has lots of favorites!
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2331 on: July 14, 2021, 03:09:34 PM »

no idea.  of course they didn't mention any names...

supposedly it's people from charles' inner circle saying this.

also, because charles wants to slim down the monarchy, they're saying that if edward gets the dukedom, then it eventually goes to james and he'd be an hrh, which is something charles doesn't want in terms of a slim monarchy & the fact that edward's kids weren't going to be working royals, but to have to find their own way...  so, who knows...ultimately, it's charles' decision.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: July 14, 2021, 03:45:43 PM »

Thing is limiting titles wonít make an ounce of difference.  Charlesís thing should be to limit costs which can only be done if he addresses the number of not only working royals but non-working ones with limited perks.

HRH Prince James wonít cost any difference compared to Viscount Severn as long as heís still makes his own way.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2333 on: July 14, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »

Why would James becoming DoE, eventually, mean he has to be HRH? His children won't be anyway. There is nothing that says that the Edinburgh title has to be held by an HRH.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2334 on: July 14, 2021, 04:13:41 PM »

I still believe the point in giving Edward the DoE title, is so that it will eventually no longer be a Royal Dukedom.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2335 on: July 14, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »

Thing is limiting titles wonít make an ounce of difference.  Charlesís thing should be to limit costs which can only be done if he addresses the number of not only working royals but non-working ones with limited perks.

HRH Prince James wonít cost any difference compared to Viscount Severn as long as heís still makes his own way.

Truth OC  Thumb up
Bunnyette

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2336 on: July 14, 2021, 10:31:44 PM »

Not so far fetched actually- he may well be testing someone, could even be a family member.  Itíll be interesting to see if a statement refuting this is issued.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2337 on: July 15, 2021, 12:22:49 AM »

Not so far fetched actually- he may well be testing someone, could even be a family member.  Itíll be interesting to see if a statement refuting this is issued.

Good call - and delightfully sneaky.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2338 on: July 15, 2021, 12:44:16 AM »

Some interesting debates here!

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2339 on: September 10, 2021, 09:52:12 PM »

Sophie and Anne attended Westmorland County Show together.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 10:07:14 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: