Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 626636 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: September 10, 2021, 09:53:41 PM »

This is the new dream team of the BRF  Jumping
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: September 11, 2021, 01:24:23 AM »

Sophie's really been slipping in her outfits and accessories lately  Nerves

Everything about this (minus the overcoat) looks wrong for the setting and the scrunchie is  Thumb down

There have been so many appearances lately where I look at her and wonder what happened to the fashionable, elegant lady whose style I used to admire.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: September 11, 2021, 03:16:31 AM »

It’s not her best look but I’ve got a weakness for scrunchies.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: September 23, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »

The Earl and Countess of Wessex are in Northern Ireland for a series of engagements. They can both be assured of a very warm welcome! Follow
@NIOgov
 for regular updates #RoyalVisitNI
https://twitter.com/NIOgo.../1441014320507281408?s=20

anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: September 23, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »

Love her outfit! I feel like I've seen her wear it recently.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: September 24, 2021, 07:18:03 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co....archys-secret-weapon.html

Article about Lady Louise.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: September 24, 2021, 08:54:33 PM »

I wonder if she will accept her title in November.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: Yesterday at 01:33:38 AM »

I doubt it knowing her Uncle Charles wants a 'smaller royal family' with even rumours he will be stripping existing HRHs such as the York princesses and the Sussex children to achieve it (the Sussex children gain HRH the instant the Queen dies and they become male line grandchildren of a sovereign). It wouldn't make sense to take on HRH now only to have it stripped in a few years time anyway.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: Yesterday at 02:31:36 AM »

The BRF really needs to clearly up the difference between titles and working status.  IMO titles indicate your relationship to a sovereign…and only that.  While working status is something else entirely. 

Truth be told limiting HRHs will do absolutely nothing to save money.  The only way to accomplish that is to limit the number of working royals and/or the number of people who get the perks.  Well it’s a tad more complex but you get the idea. 

Now it would be good to see some gender equality when it comes to titles and for younger sons to stop doing their own thing…but that won’t change anything beyond people’s names.

If Louise does begin using her title then that’s fine.  It would also be a indication that title stripping isn’t on the table.  Truthfully I doubt that Charles will start stripping titles but rather focus on reducing who’s a working royal and who among the others get perks. 
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: Yesterday at 03:20:30 AM »

I have never seen any suggestion that Charles intends on reducing the costs of the royal family. He would need to ask the parliament to reduce the size of the Sovereign Grant for that to happen and that hasn't been suggested. All that has been suggested is that there will be a smaller royal family.

I would like them to do the following:

1. Restrict HRH Prince/Princess to the children of the heir apparent only in each generation but allow those who have held and used HRH since birth to keep it ... so no stripping of the Yorks but no HRH for the Wessex or Sussex children or for Louis' going forward.

2. Limit working royals to the heir apparent and spouse in each generation and make it clear that the younger siblings have to earn their own money so Charlotte and Louis won't have the same issues as Harry, Andrew and Margaret before them of not seeing a real purpose in life other than to shake hands and open things.

3. Ask the parliament to reduce the Sovereign Grant from 15% of the Crown Estate to 5%.

4. Open BP permanently to the public and not have it as the home of the monarch at all. Make it a museum. Limit the homes of the Crown Estate used by the royal family to KP, CH and Windsor. All the others to be returned, when the current leases expire, to the Crown Estate to be turned into museums and open to the public.

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: Yesterday at 03:50:40 AM »

What’s the point of his “stream lined monarchy” if the ultimate goal isn’t to reduce costs?

Well we’ve never been told what his plans are…it’s mostly been so called experts guessing…but still.  As the BRF is a masterpiece of mismanagement it will be interesting to see if Charles is able to accomplish anything that actually makes a difference.

I tend to agree with you though I switch SJP for KP as it and CH are attached.  But with people living in both it’s a touch complicated.  I also tend to think that the York Princesses should lose their HRH (don’t hate me) mostly because the press campaign against them if they don’t will be unreal (and they should have all the children of non-heirs on the same level). 
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: Yesterday at 06:06:05 AM »

If Carl Gustaf can strip HRH titles from his grandchildren then I think Charles could do it as well.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: Yesterday at 07:41:07 AM »

Different country so different rules in place for how these things are done.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: Yesterday at 11:07:07 AM »

What’s the point of his “stream lined monarchy” if the ultimate goal isn’t to reduce costs?

Well we’ve never been told what his plans are…it’s mostly been so called experts guessing…but still.  As the BRF is a masterpiece of mismanagement it will be interesting to see if Charles is able to accomplish anything that actually makes a difference.

I tend to agree with you though I switch SJP for KP as it and CH are attached.  But with people living in both it’s a touch complicated.  I also tend to think that the York Princesses should lose their HRH (don’t hate me) mostly because the press campaign against them if they don’t will be unreal (and they should have all the children of non-heirs on the same level). 

You could be HRH and not get any funding or official role. If Charles wants to make changes he can but it should not apply to the children of his siblings or previous generations.... I mean should the Kent’s or Gloucester’s be stripped of their status after 50 years of service? And if changes are to come and it is family of direct heir only then Charlotte should be able to get the same status for her children
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: Yesterday at 11:11:34 AM »

Lady Louise already deserves a title.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: