Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 656533 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2370 on: November 09, 2021, 03:59:47 AM »

I do wonder if she will assume the Princess title. It seems unlikely but never say never.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2371 on: November 09, 2021, 04:29:17 AM »

I don't think she will. She knows that her Uncle Charles reportedly wants a 'smaller royal family' which means fewer people having HRHs so I suspect she would be actively discouraged from even thinking about claiming it knowing that in all probability in a few years she would lose if via Letters Patent anyway. I suspect that Charles will issue LPs stripping the York princesses as well very shortly after he becomes King but not his mother's cousins. He could do that by applying his new LPs to the descendants of Elizabeth II only and thus not affecting the Gloucester's and Kent's. If he limits it to just his own descendants then the couple in Montecito will claim it is 'racist' but if he also removes it from the York's and Wessex's then that claim fails.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2372 on: November 09, 2021, 06:48:27 AM »

She is so like Anne and the Queen I hope she will join the core team.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2373 on: November 09, 2021, 07:08:05 AM »

She is too far down the line of succession to join the working royals. Charles has already told the York princesses they aren't wanted or needed so I doubt he will want to add someone so much further away from the throne than they were when he told them that (that was reported in 2012 and was agreed by William as well). At that time they were 5th and 6th and now they are 10th and 12th while Louise, in the same time has dropped from 9th to 17th and will probably be two or three places lower by the time she finishes her education (assuming Beatrice and Eugenie both had a second child and possibly a third).
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2374 on: November 09, 2021, 03:23:11 PM »

I think COVID also showed the royal family how much they can still get done with a smaller working family. Multiple online engagements can be done in a day, whereas before all those appointments were made in person. Of course in person is still the preferable option, but I can see online meetings becoming much more main streamed.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2375 on: November 09, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »

I would like it if Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise were all working HRHs. They are down a couple on the team and there are so many patronages supported by the RF. And with Charles' generation at 70-ish and  George, Charlotte and Louis so young there is going to be a big gap in time. William and Kate cant carry the whole elephant.The dumpster fires buggered off. So that leaves B, E, L and James at some point.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2376 on: November 09, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »

I agree. I understand Charles wants to slim down the monarchy but given his age, plus the age of the Cambridge children, there's going to be a period of time where more hands are needed on deck.

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2377 on: November 09, 2021, 04:02:55 PM »

But the BRF doesn’t need everyone and their cousins to be working members.  Other royal families are functioning just fine with a handful of working members.  And of course there’s nothing stopping anyone from taking on charities while working in the private sector.

My biggest thing is that the BRF needs to separate titles from working status.  Titles are supposed to indicate degree of relation to a sovereign while working status should be derived from your place in succession (ie future sovereigns and their spouses only).  But things have gotten far to muddled in the BRF. 

For the love of goodness decide what titles indicate what degree of relation and impose consistency across the board for the descendants of QEII.

Stripping titles or denying titles (that are automatic) is a token gesture at best.  Charles’s plan must include decreasing the number of occupied residences, decreasing the Sovereign grant, and other cost saving measures.  Otherwise he just looks petty and out of touch.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2378 on: November 09, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »

She is too far down the line of succession to join the working royals. Charles has already told the York princesses they aren't wanted or needed so I doubt he will want to add someone so much further away from the throne than they were when he told them that (that was reported in 2012 and was agreed by William as well). At that time they were 5th and 6th and now they are 10th and 12th while Louise, in the same time has dropped from 9th to 17th and will probably be two or three places lower by the time she finishes her education (assuming Beatrice and Eugenie both had a second child and possibly a third).
Yikes. I wouldn't want him as my uncle. "Sorry, niece Jolene, you aren't wanted or needed around here."  Nerves
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2379 on: November 09, 2021, 06:22:53 PM »

Yikes. I wouldn't want him as my uncle. "Sorry, niece Jolene, you aren't wanted or needed around here."  Nerves

They can blame their dear old dad who has seemingly forgotten his older brother will become the king. Andrew is stupid but if he thinks his daughters are needed as full time working royals in the future, he’s dumber than I would have though.

B&E don’t even seem to mind themselves either.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2380 on: November 09, 2021, 06:35:29 PM »

https://www.tatler.com/ga...windsors-life-in-pictures
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2381 on: November 09, 2021, 06:36:51 PM »

They can blame their dear old dad who has seemingly forgotten his older brother will become the king. Andrew is stupid but if he thinks his daughters are needed as full time working royals in the future, he’s dumber than I would have though.

B&E don’t even seem to mind themselves either.

I read once that back in the mid 90s there was serious consideration given to Beatrice and Eugenie renouncing their HRH at 18.  It's claimed that Andrew had a fit.  There have been claims ever since about how as the "only blood princesses" they deserve this that and whatever in Andrew's mind.  Charles would have seen first hand how Andrew and Sarah we raising the girls and whatever sense of entitlement their parents were attempting to create within them.

If their future had been decided in the mid-90s then it was Andrew and Sarah's responsibility to raise them accordingly.  I read that the neither wanted nor needed bit was because one or both assumed that they would be working royals.  That one or both had been raised to think that being a working royal was their future.  I can understand how that would irritate Charles and therefore make is response less than pleasant.

Back to Louise...I do find it interesting that she and James have been raised to believe that their titles are their choice once each is 18.  If the intention is to limit titles then it seems silly for them to be raised that they had a choice to upgrade themselves.  I feel like it contradicts what is assumed to be Charles's plan for the future then again all the reported plans aren't based in cold hard facts but rather assumptions.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2382 on: November 09, 2021, 06:58:12 PM »

I find it curious - I wonder what Andrew makes of seeing Louise as "Lady Louise" when she is as much a "blood princess" as his two daughters?
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2383 on: November 09, 2021, 08:40:59 PM »

Just on the title / working royal front its worth remembering that when Edward and Sophie married (and it was announced any children would be styled only as children of an Earl not HRH Prince/Princess) they both intended not to be full time royals but continue their business work. In that way it made sense that their children wouldn't need titles and wouldn't even be considering royal duties if their parents weren't doing them. However, times change and now Ed and Sophie have become part of the "magnificent seven" and no longer have businesses and are very much part of the working RF.

Personally I don't think Charles has ever proposed cutting people out the family (even if that is how the press have spun it) but to more naturally shrink it by ensuring new titles aren't given out as willingly and freely as before, that there wasn't a glut of new working royals and that over time the focus would become him, his son (sons at one time) and William's children.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2384 on: November 09, 2021, 09:14:08 PM »

Not to mention, people don't breed nearly as prolifically as 150 years ago. QV had 9 children, for example. Charle's generation in the family only had 2 children each.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: