Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 393215 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: June 14, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »

Fury as Prince Edward takes £37,000 taxpayer-funded private jet for 133-mile trip between engagements (when the train would have cost £250)

Queen's youngest son travelled between Poole in Dorset and Tamworth today
    Normal hire cost of plane for this distance would be £37,150 for a one-way trip
    Anti-monarchy campaign group blasted Earl of Wessex for 'extravagance'

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ommemoration-service.html

Andy isn't the only one collecting airmiles. And none of them should ever claim to be "frugal". Snare

I love how BP justify it by saying that it helps to do this as it reduces the levels of inconvenience for the general public due to his security entail... that would never have been an issue as when royals travel on public planes they get special measures in place anyway. One woman tweeted a couple of years ago that she saw sophie and Louise skipping the queues at the airport when they were traveling with Louiseís school for a trip. Even on private trips they get special treatment.

Do their passports stare anywhere that they are royalty?

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: June 14, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Fury as Prince Edward takes £37,000 taxpayer-funded private jet for 133-mile trip between engagements (when the train would have cost £250)

Andy isn't the only one collecting airmiles. And none of them should ever claim to be "frugal". Snare

I love how BP justify it by saying that it helps to do this as it reduces the levels of inconvenience for the general public due to his security entail....

I generally think Ed and Sophie are one of the better reps - apart from Anne - and then something like this comes out - as he does not have a daytime job why not spread the events so he can take train or car ?? It just smaks of entitlement big time - which will end when he is no longer son of reigning monarch
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: June 14, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »

I love how BP justify it by saying that it helps to do this as it reduces the levels of inconvenience for the general public due to his security entail... that would never have been an issue as when royals travel on public planes they get special measures in place anyway. One woman tweeted a couple of years ago that she saw sophie and Louise skipping the queues at the airport when they were traveling with Louiseís school for a trip. Even on private trips they get special treatment.

I think so.

I remember there was a image of the name page of Diana's many years ago which stated her name as HRH The Princess of Wales so I would assume Sophie's is HRH The Countess of Wessex.
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: June 14, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »

I don't understand how the security detail would inconvenience anyone in Edward's case, wouldn't it just be him boarding a train with a few other guys? Would they really need to rope off everything and bring in the bomb sniffing dogs just for him to get on a train?
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: June 14, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »

Yes, their titles are listed as well as full names.

I don't understand how the security detail would inconvenience anyone in Edward's case, wouldn't it just be him boarding a train with a few other guys? Would they really need to rope off everything and bring in the bomb sniffing dogs just for him to get on a train?

It's a cheap excuse. If Liz can travel regularly on "normal" trains like every other person, then so can Ed. And all the others.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: June 17, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »

Fury as Prince Edward takes £6,000 taxpayer-funded private jet for 133-mile trip between engagements (when the train would have cost £250)
Queen's youngest son travelled between Tamworth, Staffs, and Poole, Dorset
Normal hire cost of plane for this distance would be £6,000 for a one-way trip

Prince Edward takes helicopter for 67-mile trip home after furore over £10,000 private jet journey
'Air Miles Eddie' spends £3,000 to get home after playing tennis in Dorset
Took 40-minute trip on Royal Agusta A109S Grand to Bagshot Park in Surrey
Driving along the M3 and M27 would only have take 80 minutes
http://www.dailymail.co.u...-private-jet-journey.html

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: June 17, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »

Daddy daughter time! Prince Edward and Lady Louise, 14, celebrate Father's Day with a horse ride in Windsor - after furore over his £10,000 private jet journey
Prince Edward, 54, headed out for a horse ride with Lady Louise Windsor, 14
The teenager is an accomplished horsewoman and was at ease in the saddle
Edward has come under fire this week over his use of private jets and helicopters
The royal also has a son, James, Viscount Severn, 10, with wife Sophie Wessex
http://www.dailymail.co.u...elebrate-Fathers-Day.html

Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: June 18, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »

Daddy daughter time! Prince Edward and Lady Louise, 14, celebrate Father's Day with a horse ride in Windsor - after furore over his £10,000 private jet journey
Prince Edward, 54, headed out for a horse ride with Lady Louise Windsor, 14
The teenager is an accomplished horsewoman and was at ease in the saddle
Edward has come under fire this week over his use of private jets and helicopters
The royal also has a son, James, Viscount Severn, 10, with wife Sophie Wessex
http://www.dailymail.co.u...elebrate-Fathers-Day.html

Judging by how infrequently we see James riding i'm going to assume he doesn't like it as much as his sister and dad.  Even Sophie is rarely see on horseback nowadays, although it is nice that it's something Louise and her dad can do together.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: June 30, 2018, 12:15:13 AM »

The Earl of Wessex opened the recently redeveloped Royal Airforce Museum in London
https://www.royal.uk/earl...med-royal-airforce-museum

https://twitter.com/Royal...tatus/1012698955451207680

Edward .... no no no Dash2 this is a museum of Airforce and not for harry potter.
 and Buckingham  like and post in twitter  Blink

OnederWoman

Baby Member

I wonder what happened to OnederWoman

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: September 02, 2018, 07:05:51 AM »

I feel terribly for saying this, but I have always found Louise to be so homely, the poor dear. And her hair is always so frizzy and unkempt looking. Buy that girl some hair product and a flat iron! And the formal picture of W&Kís wedding party, she looks like there is something wrong with her. If thatísthe best photo, what did the throw-always look like!?! She got all the bad Windsor genes!😬
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: September 02, 2018, 07:22:17 AM »

I feel terribly for saying this, but I have always found Louise to be so homely, the poor dear. And her hair is always so frizzy and unkempt looking. Buy that girl some hair product and a flat iron! And the formal picture of W&Kís wedding party, she looks like there is something wrong with her. If thatísthe best photo, what did the throw-always look like!?! She got all the bad Windsor genes!😬
i hope things improve as she gets older. She may take herself in hand especially regarding her hair. She would look lovely were it straightened. Her clothes don't do much for her either IMO.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:15 AM »

I think Louise unfortunately seems to have a low hairline, making her hair look quite bushy at the top. I think when it's properly cut and styled in another year or two it will probably look lovely. Some of the clothing she wears might be chosen by Sophie, still. When she develops her own style it will be better.
OnederWoman

Baby Member

I wonder what happened to OnederWoman

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: September 02, 2018, 07:56:19 AM »

i hope things improve as she gets older. She may take herself in hand especially regarding her hair. She would look lovely were it straightened. Her clothes don't do much for her either IMO.

She always looks awkward and frumpy. I have a daughter the same age as Louise, and the difference is remarkable. Of course, my daughter did have awkward phases and looks, but nothing like Louise. I donít remember Zara or the York girls at that age. Weíre they terribly awkward and homely as well, like is it a royal thing, or a Louise thing? She looks just like her father, while James must look like the Rhys-Jones side of the family. And get her some braces. It would suck growing up like that in front of the whole world, but they are in a position to mitigate the circumstances. But then would that be sending the wrong message???
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: September 02, 2018, 08:44:15 AM »

No, it wouldn't, imo.
But they'll probably wait too long.  Like they did with her eye surgery.

But I think she's a pretty girl
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: September 02, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »

I think it depends on the child for braces, I knew some who didn't get them well into their teen years and some who got them at 9 or 10! It all depends on development I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: