Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wessex Family  (Read 509485 times)
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2115 on: March 13, 2020, 12:58:06 PM »

I have to say that the Cambridges and the Wessexís are stepping up big time, and itís lovely to see.

And they seem to genuinely like each other. #TeamWesBridge

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." -

Marianne Williamson
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2116 on: March 13, 2020, 02:12:49 PM »

Look at that little boy looking at Edward. He is so proud of that card! Regarding choosing partners wisely: I would say in a family like the BRF, itís important to choose someone who, culturally, understands the Monarchy and it has symbolic meaning to them. We all have cultural bias but how can a non British person really support a monarchy that you donít understand. Of course, as we all know, being British alone is not the only factor in a successful transition to royal life, but it certainly helps.

I think that Prince Albert and Queen Alexandra, also Princess Marina and Prince Philip, are good examples of non-Brits who have contributed greatly to the British monarchy. I'm sure there were more. It's never easy to move from one culture to the other but a strong sense of duty and identification with the values of the new sphere certainly help.

I agree that the Wessex family is a perfect example of a wonderful team spirit. they look rock solid, happy and grateful for their ability to give to others. Edward certainly chose the right partner. I love seeing them together. He's my age, and he looks much happier now than when he was young.
lynaH

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2117 on: March 23, 2020, 07:11:49 PM »

Sophie posted a video with ways to keep children busy.
Lady Louise videoed it. Very sweet.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2118 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/Royal...tatus/1242154424564428803

#stayhomesavelives
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2119 on: March 24, 2020, 10:05:28 AM »

Look at that little boy looking at Edward. He is so proud of that card! Regarding choosing partners wisely: I would say in a family like the BRF, itís important to choose someone who, culturally, understands the Monarchy and it has symbolic meaning to them. We all have cultural bias but how can a non British person really support a monarchy that you donít understand. Of course, as we all know, being British alone is not the only factor in a successful transition to royal life, but it certainly helps.

I think that Prince Albert and Queen Alexandra, also Princess Marina and Prince Philip, are good examples of non-Brits who have contributed greatly to the British monarchy. I'm sure there were more. It's never easy to move from one culture to the other but a strong sense of duty and identification with the values of the new sphere certainly help.

I agree that the Wessex family is a perfect example of a wonderful team spirit. they look rock solid, happy and grateful for their ability to give to others. Edward certainly chose the right partner. I love seeing them together. He's my age, and he looks much happier now than when he was young.

Philip may not have been born in Britain but his mother was (born in Windsor Castle as was her mother). He was also educated in Britain from age 8, except for two terms so he was largely raised as a Brit.
Nappyolean

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2120 on: March 24, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »

Luvcharles, exactly. P. Philip was as British as any Brit. Marina also spent much time in Britain before being shown the door in Greece. Then spent even more time there after exile. But, in any case, I was referring more to more current times as media in general and social media in particular are so prevalent. Maybe Prince Albert didnít adjust well at all. Who knows.
lynaH

Ignore
« Reply #2121 on: March 24, 2020, 01:19:37 PM »

I think Prince Albert was rather disliked and always considered a bit too German. Until he died of course. Then he was known as perfect Albert who was the reason Victoria always wore black.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2122 on: March 24, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »

Luvcharles, exactly. P. Philip was as British as any Brit. Marina also spent much time in Britain before being shown the door in Greece. Then spent even more time there after exile. But, in any case, I was referring more to more current times as media in general and social media in particular are so prevalent. Maybe Prince Albert didnít adjust well at all. Who knows.

I think that, along with the cultural adjustment, there is a whole life adjustment (ie constant media scrutiny), that requires a person of good character and basic common sense to cope with limited support from the family.  Edward chose wisely. Others.....didnít.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #2123 on: March 24, 2020, 05:35:16 PM »

Very nice video of Sophie.  Well done Lady Louise!

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #2124 on: March 24, 2020, 05:50:35 PM »

I think Prince Albert was rather disliked and always considered a bit too German. Until he died of course. Then he was known as perfect Albert who was the reason Victoria always wore black.

Yes, he was a foreigner and an outsider for all of his life - but looking back now Britain was very lucky to have his genius. He was an incredible man though the romance end of things, well, he knew he would be in a position of power as Victoria's husband. I do not believe he loved her like she loved him!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2125 on: March 24, 2020, 09:10:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/Royal...tatus/1242154424564428803
Sophie looks great, as usual! I like the background, nothing too much, nothing that screams "royal", just an ordinary bookcase with cds, dvds (aren't they? ) and the fact that Louise took the video makes the whole thing relatable.

chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2126 on: March 25, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »

An then she helped her mum making a video for parents:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-wessex-shared-video.html
 Thumb up
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2127 on: March 26, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »

Wessex family showing their support for NHS workers.

https://twitter.com/Royal...amp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2128 on: March 26, 2020, 09:29:04 PM »

They really are such a pleasant family!
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2129 on: March 26, 2020, 09:32:43 PM »

oh, sweet James, he seems so awekward and trying to be "serius" 

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: