Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg: activities and news  (Read 1119021 times)
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4275 on: July 16, 2021, 10:28:15 PM »

I see Henri has been visiting the flood damage in Luxembourg (strangely no pics on the main Lux news sites). Not surprisingly Madam did not accompany him.

https://twitter.com/CourG...tatus/1416048129347043339

While Good Queen Til is out and about with her husband in the inundated regions.

That's the difference between class and trash.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4276 on: July 16, 2021, 11:28:44 PM »

Good that Henri made the trip. Of course his wife didn't come with him. And it would have been all about her anyway so this is best.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4277 on: July 17, 2021, 02:37:20 AM »

I see Henri has been visiting the flood damage in Luxembourg (strangely no pics on the main Lux news sites). Not surprisingly Madam did not accompany him.

While Good Queen Til is out and about with her husband in the inundated regions.

Máxima also joined her hubby when visiting the Dutch inundated area. Specific the town of Valkenburg, which suffered / suffers as 1 of the most (in NL)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4278 on: July 17, 2021, 02:39:18 AM »

Máxima also joined her hubby when visiting the Dutch inundated area. Specific the town of Valkenburg, which suffered / suffers as 1 of the most (in NL)

She did Princi. Good for her!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4279 on: July 17, 2021, 02:43:45 AM »

Yes, but it also makes you wonder why MT didn't go with her hubby....or even made a solo visit?
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4280 on: July 17, 2021, 02:45:26 AM »

Yes, but it also makes you wonder why MT didn't go with her hubby....or even made a solo visit?

Because it wasn’t about her?  And she can’t bully Max?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4281 on: July 17, 2021, 02:59:06 AM »

Because it wasn’t about her?  And she can’t bully Max?

I personally don't understand the last part of your reaction. But it could have well been that it wasn't interesting enough for  MT...
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4282 on: July 17, 2021, 03:52:33 AM »

My reaction is based on the fact that MT needs to be queen bee in whatever situation she finds herself in. And so far she has been since her MIL died. It was easy for her to bully Steph, a little harder to bully Claire but still possible, and not possible at all for another Queen who is very self confident.  So she passed up a golden photo op.

I would love to be a fly on the wall if those two ever met in private.
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4283 on: July 17, 2021, 05:55:40 AM »

I cannot believe MT is not with her husband, the Grand Duke, visiting their constituents & that she seems to want NOTHING to do with Luxembourg.  It's amazing!!! 

fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4284 on: July 18, 2021, 02:30:09 PM »

Maybe this is one of the conditions out of the Waringo report. Keep off! Luxembourgers want NOTHING to do with you, ma'am.
RainbowUnicorn68

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #4285 on: July 18, 2021, 03:56:44 PM »

Maybe MT is offended by the report, and has decided that she will stay away. As in "if people don't  want me around, I won't be around."
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4286 on: July 18, 2021, 04:05:17 PM »

Maybe MT is offended by the report, and has decided that she will stay away. As in "if people don't  want me around, I won't be around."

Fine so long as she gets no financial support.... Henri not to spend 1 euro of taxpayers money on her .... he can pay for his family himself
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4287 on: July 18, 2021, 04:25:28 PM »

Fine so long as she gets no financial support.... Henri not to spend 1 euro of taxpayers money on her .... he can pay for his family himself

That would be nice (and justified), but she’s probably getting support. Maybe as a condition of her staying away.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4288 on: July 26, 2021, 11:33:36 PM »

That would be nice (and justified), but she’s probably getting support. Maybe as a condition of her staying away.

MT simply doesn't care. I doubt that a report would stop her from attending. It's just that in the midst to people in need, with water around and houses crashed...her Prada dress and Dior bag couldn't be presented in the right light (the journalist might after all choose a photo of a flooded home instead of her in her Prada dress).

So she's staying away.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4289 on: July 27, 2021, 12:25:46 AM »

The report wasn't great for MT but seemed to make it quite clear IMO that the issues were her "going beyond her remit" and taking decisions that should have been Henri's about hiring and firing and how the Cour was run (or indeed more likely deputised to professionals) that weren't hers to make. The official funding of MT's foundation website and personal puff website being prioritised over the Cours' own website were also mentioned as was the fact many of the officially paid for staff were scared of her.

None of that said she shouldn't have a role in Luxembourg, just that it should be appropriate to her position. I think the way MT has handled it shows her true self - like any bully when they are called out on it they deny it then ignore it. Much better would have been taking it on the chin and proving she's the bigger person and relishes the role she  could have by taking the recommendation and moving on in a new way. MT could still carry out official activities and certainly could accompany her husband on a tour of the devastated areas of Lux - she chooses instead to sulk like a child and use her special position to lead a "celebrity, artsy lifestyle" in France instead. Let them eat cake hey!
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: