Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 681   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie - NEWS  (Read 2669337 times)
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10155 on: September 16, 2020, 09:35:36 PM »

I slightly doubt it.  Charles is only 4 months old and her doctors would have encouraged a proper recovery on account of her c section.  Not that it's not possible but my guess it that she's focusing more on Charles and less on her figure.  She would have been approved for gentle exercise at around 6 weeks but it takes longer for approval for a full exercise program. 

Didn't know she had to have C-section.  Recovery for me took a while ...
I've got to say that I'm glad she's not preggers.  Rather soon for any new mom.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10156 on: September 16, 2020, 10:27:51 PM »

I had c-sections and I have always been told to space at least a year. She just has a post-partum body and it is good that she is not killing herself getting back into shape. I think they are so overjoyed with their baby, that they focus on that.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10157 on: September 17, 2020, 03:49:24 AM »

It's a pity it was a ceasarian, as one is often 'Fertile Myrtle' right after they give birth. They had an uphill fight for this one. I'm sure they would have loved another right away (ish). She comes from a family of 8.  I say this as someone who tried and failed for 12 years, had the one perfect  little human, and literally immediately had premature ovarian failure at 38.But I agree, 4 months after  a c section birth, not a good idea.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:54:43 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10158 on: September 20, 2020, 06:52:27 AM »

I'm so happy for them. I will post pictures from the baptism in the baby Charles tread. Stephanie looks like a kind person. Not a top model or a ambitious woman. It must be hard to be MT daughter in law. Tt could explain why Tessy became so ambitious and tried to get as many education/diplmomas as she could. To get out of the LRF one day. She did.

I love Stephanie's hair but not the mustard color you can see everywhere this season :
https://www.parismatch.co...amans-a-l-honneur-1689777

It's nice to see Steph's family around her. I like her sister that seems to be the godmother. She choose the one that does seem married (so has no children ?).

https://www.parismatch.co...amans-a-l-honneur-1689777

I like very much the symbol "welcome" (ananas) on this dress, welcome to the word baby Charles ?
https://www.zimbio.com/ph...ourg+L+Abbaye/kV_63CsEQC9  I wonder if his wife is American Huh?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:09:30 AM by MarieQueenie » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10159 on: September 20, 2020, 10:35:27 AM »

Countess GaŽlle, sister and Charlesís godmother, is a religious sister so thatís why sheís unmarried and childless. 

Countess Beatrice, sister-in-law, was born in the US to an American father and Dutch mother.  I donít have any information about her upbringing but what little I could find on her parents indicates that they married (1966) in Maryland, her (1968) in DC, and later died (father in 1998 and mother in 2005) in Maryland.  So itís not impossible to consider that she was raised in America...but the information in limited.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10160 on: October 04, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »

This is not news but I wasn't sure which thread to put it in as Stephanie does not have her own thread and I am a bit nervous of beginning a thread.

I remember years ago on this thread someone noting that Stephanie has one arm shorter than the other. I'm watching a documentary about Erbs Palsy,  which Emperor Wilhelm suffered with, and I wondered if Stephanie has the same condition or something else? Her wikipedia page doesn't mention it or anything about her arms. I'm not trying to dish or be insulting in any way, I'm just a bit curious and wanting to learn more Smiley
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10161 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:45 PM »

This is not news but I wasn't sure which thread to put it in as Stephanie does not have her own thread and I am a bit nervous of beginning a thread.

I remember years ago on this thread someone noting that Stephanie has one arm shorter than the other. I'm watching a documentary about Erbs Palsy,  which Emperor Wilhelm suffered with, and I wondered if Stephanie has the same condition or something else? Her wikipedia page doesn't mention it or anything about her arms. I'm not trying to dish or be insulting in any way, I'm just a bit curious and wanting to learn more Smiley

You have nothing to worry about opening a thread Sarah, you are a very valued and thoughtful contributor and not a spamming troll. Hug
It's quite noticeable in a few photos but other than here I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else. Erbs Palsy is a very good possibility especially since her mother was older at the time of her birth and prone to complications.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10162 on: October 05, 2020, 02:34:46 AM »

You have nothing to worry about opening a thread Sarah, you are a very valued and thoughtful contributor and not a spamming troll. Hug
It's quite noticeable in a few photos but other than here I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else. Erbs Palsy is a very good possibility especially since her mother was older at the time of her birth and prone to complications.

I second what KC said. Open a thread if you want to!
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10163 on: October 05, 2020, 03:05:37 AM »

Totally agree, Sarah, open a new thread.  But this one is easy.  The Kaiserís arm difficulty was related to an accident at birth, which is not the same as Stephanieís situation.  Wilhemís arm and shoulder were crushed during his birth, by a badly handled forceps delivery. The arm never really grew and was something like 1/2 the length of his other arm.  Nonetheless, at the deathbed of Victoria, Wilhelm held up his grandmother to ease her breathing, while kneeling by the bedside, for hours.

Champagne

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10164 on: October 05, 2020, 11:06:53 AM »

Totally agree, Sarah, open a new thread.  But this one is easy.  The Kaiserís arm difficulty was related to an accident at birth, which is not the same as Stephanieís situation.  Wilhemís arm and shoulder were crushed during his birth, by a badly handled forceps delivery. The arm never really grew and was something like 1/2 the length of his other arm.  Nonetheless, at the deathbed of Victoria, Wilhelm held up his grandmother to ease her breathing, while kneeling by the bedside, for hours.

Champagne

Isn't that the same arm which was situated in such a way on portraits and so that you wouldn't guess the arm issue at first glance?
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10165 on: October 05, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words, a  Star to you all!

Yes Principessa, on many portraits Wilhelm was strategically posed so you wouldn't notice his left arm. I think a famous portrait is of him with a sword or something placed in front of him on his left side so people wouldn't notice.

With Steph I only noticed it via a discussion on this thread, and couldn't remember if it was discussed what has caused it.
I shall open a new thread!
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10166 on: October 06, 2020, 02:31:09 AM »

I'm fairly certain I was the poster who first posted about it; I had an accident years ago and one of my arms appears shorter than the other so I guess it's something I'd notice!  I don't think anything has ever been mentioned about it.  I was trying to search through this thread for old photos and gave up* but did find this thread https://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=16020.0 which has a few photos that appear to show that her left shoulder is a little higher than her right shoulder.  Not sure that's the cause, that only seems the case sometimes.  However, in the sleeveless dresses it would appear that her left forearm is a little shorter.  Certainly, she frequently holds her left wrist with her right hand, and I suspect it's either to protect her left arm; her right is significantly more dominant; she's trying to camouflage; any combination of such.  It may cause her pain like mine but is hopefully problem free.

*I did find the photos of the funeral of Steph's father, and noticed that Louis and Alex were there.  Maybe it shows some closeness to Louis which is why he was chosen as godfather?  I do slightly wish that Mathilde had been asked too - there's no such thing as too many godparents for much-desired royal babies!
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #10167 on: October 06, 2020, 04:32:04 PM »

I'm fairly certain I was the poster who first posted about it; I had an accident years ago and one of my arms appears shorter than the other so I guess it's something I'd notice!  I don't think anything has ever been mentioned about it.  I was trying to search through this thread for old photos and gave up* but did find this thread https://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=16020.0 which has a few photos that appear to show that her left shoulder is a little higher than her right shoulder.  Not sure that's the cause, that only seems the case sometimes.  However, in the sleeveless dresses it would appear that her left forearm is a little shorter.  Certainly, she frequently holds her left wrist with her right hand, and I suspect it's either to protect her left arm; her right is significantly more dominant; she's trying to camouflage; any combination of such.  It may cause her pain like mine but is hopefully problem free.

*I did find the photos of the funeral of Steph's father, and noticed that Louis and Alex were there.  Maybe it shows some closeness to Louis which is why he was chosen as godfather?  I do slightly wish that Mathilde had been asked too - there's no such thing as too many godparents for much-desired royal babies!

Yikes, the comments haven't aged well. All the marveling at how wonderful M-T and Henri have turned out such terrible kids... well, now the shoe is on the other foot. Terrible parents in private, so no wonder the kids want to stay far away. And poor Stephanie, blamed for making her MIL's dress look terrible.  Cry It's a testament to how good M-T was at keeping up appearances. No matter how bad everyone else looked, her image was pristine.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10168 on: October 06, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »

I never noticed her shorter arm until someone mentioned it. I wonder what caused that or if it is just one of those funny things about DNA some of us have and deal with regarding certain body parts.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10169 on: October 06, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »

Yikes, the comments haven't aged well. All the marveling at how wonderful M-T and Henri have turned out such terrible kids... well, now the shoe is on the other foot. Terrible parents in private, so no wonder the kids want to stay far away. And poor Stephanie, blamed for making her MIL's dress look terrible.  Cry It's a testament to how good M-T was at keeping up appearances. No matter how bad everyone else looked, her image was pristine.

Yes, itís funny how things change once we have more complete information (well, more complete than pictures and PR).  There are a few instances of this happening here, which is one of the reasons I love this board. We adjust as we learn.

It must have been awful for Stephanie all these years. Trying to smile for the camera while MT was sticking pins into her back.
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 681   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: