Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 693   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie - NEWS  (Read 3150526 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »

That's weird.  I guess it doesn't matter since she would obviously never use her degree anyway; but for the rest of us, these theses are part of our CV, and they're what we want our future employers to know about in order to consider us to be strong candidates.  The one thing we can all be certain of is that the school was given a copy of the thesis.  They would have to have a copy in order for them to give her credit for it

At least, I guess she got credit for it.  It's impossible to know since there's no record of this.  It is every bit as likely that she didn't complete the degree as it is likely that she actually got the degree.

We all have the same evidence of her career, personality, etc.  We all draw our own conclusions and are all entitled to our conclusions-nobody here has any legitimate insider knowledge.  Stephanie is a public figure and is not above reproach. 
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »

Perhaps we've all been traumatised by Waity Katie and her epic wait for a wedding ring.   Wink

If so it's ruining the dishing. EVERYTHING on this board seems to be about Kate - I'm pretty sick of it at this point Dash2

I was just expressing my opinion on her pre-marriage life, similar to the way we have done for the others. I hope it's okay that I don't see it that way. To me, she was answering phones and filing papers until a rich guy came along and rescued her from a life of actual work. JMO, of course.

I guess I'm just wondering how you can read/see her like that because it's very far away from how I see her - at least based on what we know about her. To me it read like a rather sweeping statement that can be applied to all women who won't or don't go the career way - I'm not too fond of that sort of statements..

I see her differently and I hope that's okay. There have been suggestions made in the past that some of the other princesses stalked their princes or were determined to marry well no matter what. I made the same conclusion about Stephanie, which is my opinion. She has a liberal arts degree like Kate that she wasn't using when she got married, also like Kate. To me, that shows that she didn't have any intention of pursuing a career in that area and just needed something to do until she got married. She's basically a rich, Euro socialite like Madde who wanted to find a wealthy husband so she could maintain the lifestyle in which she was raised.

Again, this is just my opinion. I don't know her personally so my posts are based on my interpretation of the public information. I understand others will see things differently but that will not change my opinion.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2012, 12:13:45 AM »

Perhaps we've all been traumatised by Waity Katie and her epic wait for a wedding ring.   Wink

If so it's ruining the dishing. EVERYTHING on this board seems to be about Kate - I'm pretty sick of it at this point Dash2

I was just expressing my opinion on her pre-marriage life, similar to the way we have done for the others. I hope it's okay that I don't see it that way. To me, she was answering phones and filing papers until a rich guy came along and rescued her from a life of actual work. JMO, of course.

I guess I'm just wondering how you can read/see her like that because it's very far away from how I see her - at least based on what we know about her. To me it read like a rather sweeping statement that can be applied to all women who won't or don't go the career way - I'm not too fond of that sort of statements..

I see her differently and I hope that's okay. There have been suggestions made in the past that some of the other princesses stalked their princes or were determined to marry well no matter what. I made the same conclusion about Stephanie, which is my opinion. She has a liberal arts degree like Kate that she wasn't using when she got married, also like Kate. To me, that shows that she didn't have any intention of pursuing a career in that area and just needed something to do until she got married. She's basically a rich, Euro socialite like Madde who wanted to find a wealthy husband so she could maintain the lifestyle in which she was raised.

Again, this is just my opinion. I don't know her personally so my posts are based on my interpretation of the public information. I understand others will see things differently but that will not change my opinion.

Of course it's okay, and you absolutely have a right to express your opinion.  You also don't have to defend your opinion, since it's an opinion.  That's how it works, and when everything turns to sugar, there's no point for a discussion thread IMO.  I really enjoy reading what you have to say about Guillaume and Longnose. Thumb up

Nobody knows her personally on this board, and everyone is basing their opinions off of the same photos, videos and interviews. 

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2012, 01:08:58 AM »

Pixiecat - I just tried. I have a German MA and my thesis and me can't be found in my university, either. It is different than a PhD.

Having studied Arts and Languages as well .... I just don't know what you would do with a career like that. She speaks Russian and German afterwards. With all these German-Russians who live in Germany - not a very clever combination. Of course she speaks French as well, but ...

I stated this before in this thread. At my university here in Germany it is also not common to publish BA/BSc/BEd/MA/MSc/MEd-theses, but only the PhDs. You wouldn't find neither my BEd nor my MEd-thesis through the university's library catalouge, though they have copies of it. As Mis-mare-ing said, normally you have to hand in three copies which will stay in the university's archives but aren't published if you as the author doesn't want them to be published. 

yup...same here. You can find my Diplomarbeit in my Schublade  and hidden in the LMU archives.

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »

The only thing "missing" from her CV was the Cour Grand Ducale chose not to disclose the name of the investment firm in which she used to worked. Other than that, I don't see any other "holes" in her CV.

She graduated from secondary education in 2002. After that she spent a year in Russia to learned Russian and Russian Literature and then spent 3 months in Munich to learned German. Afterward, she spent 3 years at the Catholic University of Leuven for her BA in Germanic Philosophy. She then went to Humboldt University for her MA for 2 years. She decided to stayed in Berlin for a year with an internship at the L'Agence Wallone ā l'Exportation at the Belgian embassy. After that, she decided to worked in an investment firm.

These are information disclosed by the Cour Grand Ducale and from Stephanie herself in a sit-down interview she did with Guillaume several weeks ago. If you mapped it out, she followed a very straight path.

She did indeed. In fact, we know more about Stephanie's background and education and work history than we do about quite a few other CP's imo.

I watched "Place Royale" the weekend before the wedding and several of her instructors and teachers were interviewed to speak about her, including her Dutch language instructor and even a few classmates. Every single one said basically the same things... she was terribly smart, studious, inquisitive, funny.

There was nothing to suggest she was a dilettante who wanted-or even needed- a wealthy husband to take care of her.

Thanks GoldCrest. Star
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2012, 02:33:51 AM »

Wait, you mean a special about Longnose a week before her wedding showed her in a positive light? I can't believe that. I can't believe the palace would produce a special that was basically sugary spin about the new princess. It's not like the royals use the media to generate positive news about themselves. Oh, wait... Thinking

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2012, 02:38:35 AM »

Wait, you mean a special about Longnose a week before her wedding showed her in a positive light? I can't believe that. I can't believe the palace would produce a special that was basically sugary spin about the new princess. It's not like the royals use the media to generate positive news about themselves. Oh, wait... Thinking

I don't think the palace themselves produced it, but Place Royale is a Belgian TV show that is a royal kiss-arse fest.  Everything they do is coated in 12 feet of sugar and definitely spun to show a particular viewpoint. 

But I know; shocking, right?  And not at all unbiased Laughing Laugh bounce Beer
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:54 AM »

It was not "produced by the palace" at all. And if the people interviewed did not want to be interviewed because they had nothing good to say, they could have said "NO".

This isn't the 15th century, where bashing the Royals will get you thrown into some dungeon.

If there is any dirt to be dug up about Stephanie, there are tabloids like Promi and Privat that are salivating for the job of telling the Luxembourgers that their new HGD is a poseur who spent her formative doing other things than what the Court has given us.

So far the only "dirt" they were able to find on her was she was (probably) a virgin when she became engaged to Guillaume.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:03:34 AM by KittyHeaven » Logged
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2012, 03:19:19 AM »

We knew the names of the firms Mary, Waity, Alex, Max etc worked for.

We don't know the name of the firm Stephanie worked for or what her position was.   So I'd say that we perhaps don't know as much about her as the others where their working life was a bit more out in the open, for better or worse.

Personally, I don't care what she did before.  What she does as a Princess is fair game and I hope she does well.  She speaks well enough of her intentions.

But, since we play fair on RD, she gets the same scrutiny as all the others IMO, unless there is some kind of decree that we can't discuss her except in the nicest terms.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »

We knew the names of the firms Mary, Waity, Alex, Max etc worked for.

We don't know the name of the firm Stephanie worked for or what her position was.   So I'd say that we perhaps don't know as much about her as the others where their working life was a bit more out in the open, for better or worse.

Personally, I don't care what she did before.  What she does as a Princess is fair game and I hope she does well.  She speaks well enough of her intentions.

But, since we play fair on RD, she gets the same scrutiny as all the others IMO, unless there is some kind of decree that we can't discuss her except in the nicest terms.

That's one of the things that I love most about this place-the fairness and the freedom to scrutinize public figures.  If either of those things change, then I'm out. 

I don't understand the secrecy with the name of the firm.  This court's PR department is terrible.  They couldn't even get the titles correct on the wedding list.  I used to think the Swedish PR people were a joke.  They almost look competent in comparison to the GDF's PR people.  They need to either name it, or stop mentioning it.  It's a lot like Mary's alleged job of teaching English at that nameless mystery school in Paris Roll Eyes
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:30 AM »

Star to PK, Miss Marple, SB,  Miss Maring, and Goldcrest

In this digital day n age..everything will come out in the wash sooner or later Wink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Alexia
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:01 AM »

Found this nice photo. Itīs probably from May 2012 at a party for Maria Galitzine.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »

The couple on the right could actually have very attractive children. Their blended features could be quite pleasant.  Thumb up

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »

The couple on the right could actually have very attractive children. Their blended features could be quite pleasant.  Thumb up

...or/and he makes a gawgeous boy-friend to our Gui 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2012, 05:57:46 AM »

...or/and he makes a gawgeous boy-friend to our Gui 

G Smiley

only if Gui walks behind the rows  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 693   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: