Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 689   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie - NEWS  (Read 3025177 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:57 PM »

I think if there are valid reasons they can even withhold even a PhD. There was great discussion about the PhD of our former chancellor, Helmut Kohl. It was not available for the public in years.

However if she had been in a famous university and finished the MA thesis she would have surely used that information to look great.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »

However if she had been in a famous university and finished the MA thesis she would have surely used that information to look great.

Unless they pulled a few strings after all the plagiarism cases and took her thesis off public record just in case someone decided to take a close look. My advisor once told me that you'll find suspicious segments in practically every thesis because the writers either make mistakes or subconsciously copy the style of the primary source. It doesn't have to be deliberate, it just happens. She's a public figure now, I imagine they don't want that sort of scrutiny.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »

This is of course also possible. Anyway, she seems clever enough to do a MA, so ....
PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »

I think if there are valid reasons they can even withhold even a PhD. There was great discussion about the PhD of our former chancellor, Helmut Kohl. It was not available for the public in years.

I always have the impression that she isn't interested in looking great or better educated as she actually is, IMO she doesn't seem to be famewhoring like other spouses of European (crown) princes. I just think that there is no special reason that her MA thesis wasn't published. I guess most students/universitites don't publish it at all when it's not a work with honours. The publication of a PhD is a different thing in general. AFAIK it has to be published otherwise it's not finished at all. Interesting to hear this about Helmut Kohl, I didn't know this.  
GoldCrest

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:28 PM »

She completed her master degree at Humboldt University. She said so in an interview several weeks ago. Here's what she said.

"Gräfin Stephanie: Nach dem Abitur war ich eine Zeitlang in Moskau, danach drei Monate in München, um Deutsch zu lernen.  Ich habe deutsche Literatur in Löwen und an der Berliner Humboldt-Universität studiert. Dort habe ich auch auf Deutsch mein Diplom gemacht mit einer Arbeit über den Einfluss der deutschen Romantik auf die russische Literatur, am Beispiel von E.T.A Hoffman und Alexander Puschkin. Meine Diplomarbeit habe ich auf Deutsch geschrieben, gebe aber zu, dass ich sie verbessern habe lassen."
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »

I have a MA and you did not have to give the university extra copies. She does not strike me as an attention seeker, I am just surprised they did not name the university.
PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »

She completed her master degree at Humboldt University. She said so in an interview several weeks ago. Here's what she said.

"Gräfin Stephanie: Nach dem Abitur war ich eine Zeitlang in Moskau, danach drei Monate in München, um Deutsch zu lernen.  Ich habe deutsche Literatur in Löwen und an der Berliner Humboldt-Universität studiert. Dort habe ich auch auf Deutsch mein Diplom gemacht mit einer Arbeit über den Einfluss der deutschen Romantik auf die russische Literatur, am Beispiel von E.T.A Hoffman und Alexander Puschkin. Meine Diplomarbeit habe ich auf Deutsch geschrieben, gebe aber zu, dass ich sie verbessern habe lassen."

So now we know where she studied. Thanks CG. I think it's not a shame that she had someone who re-read her thesis it's not forbidden at all and I guess a normal thing when writing an important thesis in university. I did this myself when I wrote my BA thesis in English as well.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »

I think everyone would do that! That is great and nice that she does not brag about it ... but then she is classy. She might come across a bit boring, but she is classy and she surely does not want to blow her own pipe.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »

Thank you GC!  Star
GoldCrest

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »

Thank you GC!  Star

Thank you  Beer
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »

Star Thanks!
GoldCrest

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

Star Thanks!

Thank you  Beer
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »

Hogwarts?  Tongue 

If she completed an education there, she should be able to cast some spells on Mosh. Spiteful

You have to find the Horcruxes to fight Mary: one is Fred (tip: in a disco), one is her ruby set, one is her blue bag and other one is Ziggy..
Laugh bounce Another one is her Black Amex...
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »

so mystery solved maybe? still why isn't that and the "firm" and dates aren't on the CV

makes me wonder...

as for her education there's nothing to brag about IMO no problem with It but nothing special about It either

did she supported herself? how long did she worked for a living?

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »

so mystery solved maybe? still why isn't that and the "firm" and dates aren't on the CV

makes me wonder...

as for her education there's nothing to brag about IMO no problem with It but nothing special about It either

did she supported herself? how long did she worked for a living?

Hanzo,
I admire you for wanting to dig deeper into Steph's background but you must remember she's of noble blood. That means she much better than the other CPss, besides Mati, and doesn't have to come clean about her background. Wink

I do think it's funny that she married an heir and no one can find out the name of her previous employer and Chris is marrying the third child and we know the square footage of his apartment. Maybe, it just because the SRF is more popular.  Thinking

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 689   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: