Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 693   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie - NEWS  (Read 3170536 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »

I think there are great differences between Sophie and Steph. Sophie was already in her job when she met Edward. Edward is not the heir to the English throne. In England there is one generation in between.

It would not make sense for Steph to work outside other than supporting Giu. No other crown princess or clown princess does. As we all know some don't even manage to support their husbands.  Real mad

So true.  Sophie had a career that was hard earned and built.  Steph had a job but no-one seems to know what she was doing, whether it related to her education, or whether it was an administrative role.  It does not appear to have been a role that formed part of a larger career path.  IMO.

It's a positive that she has some idea of what she would like to focus on.  I suspect she will be harder working than the others, just because the life of wealth and privilege is not new to her and she won't be as enamoured as the others with the bells, whistles and designer clothes.  One would hope anyway.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2012, 05:33:29 PM »

I think there are great differences between Sophie and Steph. Sophie was already in her job when she met Edward. Edward is not the heir to the English throne. In England there is one generation in between.

It would not make sense for Steph to work outside other than supporting Giu. No other crown princess or clown princess does. As we all know some don't even manage to support their husbands.  Real mad

So true.  Sophie had a career that was hard earned and built.  Steph had a job but no-one seems to know what she was doing, whether it related to her education, or whether it was an administrative role.  It does not appear to have been a role that formed part of a larger career path.  IMO.

It's a positive that she has some idea of what she would like to focus on.  I suspect she will be harder working than the others, just because the life of wealth and privilege is not new to her and she won't be as enamoured as the others with the bells, whistles and designer clothes.  One would hope anyway.

Sounds like she was just working a low level admin job until she could snag a rich or titled husband. If she wasn't expecting to land one, she probably would have started on a serious career path after grad school.

Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »

Sounds like she was just working a low level admin job until she could snag a rich or titled husband. If she wasn't expecting to land one, she probably would have started on a serious career path after grad school.

To be honest, with that education an admin level job is the best she could hope for unless she had someone pull a lot of strings for her. These days it's hard enough for people with a background in business admin to land a job in investment/finance like she apparently did. She probably had her language skills and family background working for her, but that can't have gotten her any more than an entry-level position as an assistant somewhere. Very un-glamorous, but not uncommon for someone with an arts master degree these days, unfortunately. She could have worked her way up after a few years, but it would have taken a lot of effort since she was missing the business/law education people usually need for that kind of career.
earl grey

Small Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »

I agree Chrissie, especially in these times of economic crisis. I had lots of trouble finding an internship position to finish my masters.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »

Padding out resumes is done quite often in the the Danish royal family. They did it first when Alex married Joachim. They stated that Alex has studied at all these institutions. Yet, Alex didn't complete anything. And dosen't have a qualification beyond high school. They also went flashing out her Dad's career.

I find it strange that there is so much mystery about Step education and work history. Maybe, she is not as educated as I thought she was.

IIRC only John Donaldson's CV was put online.

So true.  Sophie had a career that was hard earned and built.  Steph had a job but no-one seems to know what she was doing, whether it related to her education, or whether it was an administrative role.  It does not appear to have been a role that formed part of a larger career path.  IMO.

She may be a person who wants do to other things than just work in her life. We have next to none knowlegde of what she puts first in her life - maybe she prefers to spend a lot of time with charities, with friends, doing sports? There's nothing wrong with NOT putting your career first - it's a personal choice IMO. I also fail to see how that in any way suggests that she was waiting around to snag a rich or titled husband Huh?
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

problem is we just don't know cause he CV miss a lot

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »

problem is we just don't know cause he CV miss a lot

Confused
GoldCrest

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »

The only thing "missing" from her CV was the Cour Grand Ducale chose not to disclose the name of the investment firm in which she used to worked. Other than that, I don't see any other "holes" in her CV.

She graduated from secondary education in 2002. After that she spent a year in Russia to learned Russian and Russian Literature and then spent 3 months in Munich to learned German. Afterward, she spent 3 years at the Catholic University of Leuven for her BA in Germanic Philosophy. She then went to Humboldt University for her MA for 2 years. She decided to stayed in Berlin for a year with an internship at the L'Agence Wallone l'Exportation at the Belgian embassy. After that, she decided to worked in an investment firm.

These are information disclosed by the Cour Grand Ducale and from Stephanie herself in a sit-down interview she did with Guillaume several weeks ago. If you mapped it out, she followed a very straight path.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:16:33 PM by GoldCrest » Logged
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »

Padding out resumes is done quite often in the the Danish royal family. They did it first when Alex married Joachim. They stated that Alex has studied at all these institutions. Yet, Alex didn't complete anything. And dosen't have a qualification beyond high school. They also went flashing out her Dad's career.

I find it strange that there is so much mystery about Step education and work history. Maybe, she is not as educated as I thought she was.

She may be a person who wants do to other things than just work in her life. We have next to none knowlegde of what she puts first in her life - maybe she prefers to spend a lot of time with charities, with friends, doing sports? There's nothing wrong with NOT putting your career first - it's a personal choice IMO. I also fail to see how that in any way suggests that she was waiting around to snag a rich or titled husband Huh?

I was just expressing my opinion on her pre-marriage life, similar to the way we have done for the others. I hope it's okay that I don't see it that way. To me, she was answering phones and filing papers until a rich guy came along and rescued her from a life of actual work. JMO, of course.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2012, 06:52:56 PM »

SB- Star

I find the whole CV and Master's degree thing to be highly suspect.  I work in academia, and I'm truly shocked that her thesis does not seem to be noted by the school.  In most cases, the title of the thesis is listed under the graduate's name during the time of the graduation.  This is public record throughout the world, and it is a major part of how academia works-your publications (theses are considered publications) are public record.  Her advisor would most definitely have a copy of her thesis, and it would typically be part of the library's catalogue.  It's also very odd that she's not fluent in Dutch, especially since she allegedly attended a Dutch-language primary school.  The lingua-franca of the school would have been Dutch.  Stephanie was a young child when she attended the school, so surely she would have acquired the language (pre-pubescent children acquire languages more easily than one who is post-puberty).  I'm starting to wonder if it's true that she actually attended this school. 

I also find the discouragement of the questioning of the accuracy of her CV to be disappointing on a board where we are free to practice free speech and to question public figures.  It's the same type of nonsense we've been seeing for months, and it's tiring Thumb down
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »

Perhaps we've all been traumatised by Waity Katie and her epic wait for a wedding ring.   Wink

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »

Perhaps we've all been traumatised by Waity Katie and her epic wait for a wedding ring.   Wink

If so it's ruining the dishing. EVERYTHING on this board seems to be about Kate - I'm pretty sick of it at this point Dash2

I was just expressing my opinion on her pre-marriage life, similar to the way we have done for the others. I hope it's okay that I don't see it that way. To me, she was answering phones and filing papers until a rich guy came along and rescued her from a life of actual work. JMO, of course.

I guess I'm just wondering how you can read/see her like that because it's very far away from how I see her - at least based on what we know about her. To me it read like a rather sweeping statement that can be applied to all women who won't or don't go the career way - I'm not too fond of that sort of statements..
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:54 PM »

Pixiecat - I just tried. I have a German MA and my thesis and me can't be found in my university, either. It is different than a PhD.

Having studied Arts and Languages as well .... I just don't know what you would do with a career like that. She speaks Russian and German afterwards. With all these German-Russians who live in Germany - not a very clever combination. Of course she speaks French as well, but ...

Mis-mare-ing

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

SB- Star

I find the whole CV and Master's degree thing to be highly suspect.  I work in academia, and I'm truly shocked that her thesis does not seem to be noted by the school.  In most cases, the title of the thesis is listed under the graduate's name during the time of the graduation.  This is public record throughout the world, and it is a major part of how academia works-your publications (theses are considered publications) are public record.  Her advisor would most definitely have a copy of her thesis, and it would typically be part of the library's catalogue.  It's also very odd that she's not fluent in Dutch, especially since she allegedly attended a Dutch-language primary school.  The lingua-franca of the school would have been Dutch.  Stephanie was a young child when she attended the school, so surely she would have acquired the language (pre-pubescent children acquire languages more easily than one who is post-puberty).  I'm starting to wonder if it's true that she actually attended this school. 

I also find the discouragement of the questioning of the accuracy of her CV to be disappointing on a board where we are free to practice free speech and to question public figures.  It's the same type of nonsense we've been seeing for months, and it's tiring Thumb down

Hi pixie!

In Germany it is just not common to publish the name of graduates and the topic of their thesis', neither in the internet nor somewhere else.

When I wrote my final thesis (Diplomarbeit), I had to hand in 3 copies: one for my professor, one for my second revisor and a third one for the library. But after my thesis defense I had to sign a paper what should happen to the third copy, whether it was allowed to be given to the library, and as I denied, the third one went to my professor as well who has to keep them in his office.

"Ahahahahaha"  -  How natural she is...
PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »

Pixiecat - I just tried. I have a German MA and my thesis and me can't be found in my university, either. It is different than a PhD.

Having studied Arts and Languages as well .... I just don't know what you would do with a career like that. She speaks Russian and German afterwards. With all these German-Russians who live in Germany - not a very clever combination. Of course she speaks French as well, but ...

I stated this before in this thread. At my university here in Germany it is also not common to publish BA/BSc/BEd/MA/MSc/MEd-theses, but only the PhDs. You wouldn't find neither my BEd nor my MEd-thesis through the university's library catalouge, though they have copies of it. As Mis-mare-ing said, normally you have to hand in three copies which will stay in the university's archives but aren't published if you as the author doesn't want them to be published. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 693   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: