Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 693   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guillaume and Stephanie - NEWS  (Read 3170513 times)
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »

Truthfully, how many people would go to work at a job for a paycheck they didn't really need in the first place?

I sure as hell would not, and I am not a bit ashamed to admit it.

Maybe Stephanie had a job, maybe the Court made it up. I am sure that if enough of the citizens of the Grand Duchy raised an outcry regarding details of their new Hereditary Grand Duchess's work history, the GD family would be more forthcoming.

But so far, no one in the Grand Duchy seems to give a fig about it.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »

Nice one SB and Hanzo.

This royal house seems a little sloppy in how it does things. The inconsistent cv being  an example. That hilarious wedding guest list, resplendent with comical errors being another. It might just be the way they operate.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2012, 09:25:03 PM »

Truthfully, how many people would go to work at a job for a paycheck they didn't really need in the first place?

Maybe Stephanie had a job, maybe the Court made it up. I am sure that if enough of the citizens of the Grand Duchy raised an outcry regarding details of their new Hereditary Grand Duchess's work history, the GD family would be more forthcoming.

I guess so and It speaks volumes on what they value and care for

I wouldn't respect a 21 century lady of the manor waiting for a proposal and I don't know If that's what Steph did
did she did a jigsaw or did she actually earned her living and wanted to work

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »

Similar to Monaco and Lichtenstein, Luxembourg is a wealthy prosperous country with one of the highest standards of living on the planet.

The values of the people living in those countries might not be the same for the US, Spain, Britain etc but it doesn't make them a lesser people because of it.

I had a professor who was from Italy, who thought Americans were insane the way they made a virtual God of work and making $$ and acquiring material goods. It's totally different in Italy, where they work to live, they don't live to work like here in the US.

Again, I doubt if they are losing sleep in Luxembourg because their new princess might not have been punching a clock somewhere before she met the heir.

Different country, different priorities.

hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »

I wasn't criticizing the country but the GDF
and we post here as we please we criticize the DRF even though they are loved in DK

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »

Similar to Monaco and Lichtenstein, Luxembourg is a wealthy prosperous country with one of the highest standards of living on the planet.

The values of the people living in those countries might not be the same for the US, Spain, Britain etc but it doesn't make them a lesser people because of it.

I had a professor who was from Italy, who thought Americans were insane the way they made a virtual God of work and making $$ and acquiring material goods. It's totally different in Italy, where they work to live, they don't live to work like here in the US.

Again, I doubt if they are losing sleep in Luxembourg because their new princess might not have been punching a clock somewhere before she met the heir.

Different country, different priorities. Different posters, different opinions. We are free to criticize and question Steph's "work history" just as much as we did with Kate's. Not being from the country has never stopped people from dishing about Kate, Mary and MM. Why should longnose be any different?

And if no one in the GD gives a fig about the history of a woman they are now responsible for supporting, maybe they're just as slow as the Danes?

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2012, 11:41:30 PM »

I with ya girl, if I had a rich daddy, or husband I wouldn't work at all, these hands of mine were made for leisure, these feet made for hand made shoes and these eyes were made for seen sights in far flung places, but alas maybe my next life  , when I'll use my hands better  Tongue make my feet fit for dancing  and my eyes alluring , many men rich men seem to like that Yes
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2012, 11:43:47 PM »

Different country, different priorities. Different posters, different opinions. We are free to criticize and question Steph's "work history" just as much as we did with Kate's. Not being from the country has never stopped people from dishing about Kate, Mary and MM. Why should longnose be any different?

And if no one in the GD gives a fig about the history of a woman they are now responsible for supporting, maybe they're just as slow as the Danes?

I'm not sure about your tone, SB or where your response to me is coming from. I have never questioned your right to your opinion or anyone else's. I was just stating mine. I think that's okay?  Sad

As far as "Longnose" vs the others...for the record my problem with Kate was never that she didn't work for a paycheck during her ten year apprenticeship as Will's booty call. I thought it was disgusting that she made a great pantomine of going to work and then informing her bosses that she needed to be on call for her boyfriend and then quit after about 2 mos.

Why not just volunteer for some worthy charity, or go and pursue a higher degree?

As far as "Longnose" or ANYONE not  working for a living...I simply don't care if rich folks don't work. I'd rather they not take a paycheck from people who NEED to work anyway. That's just me.

You and anyone else is free to disagree. It goes without saying.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:54:18 PM by KittyHeaven » Logged
SouthernBelle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

I'm not sure about your tone, SB or where your response to me is coming from. I have never questioned your right to your opinion or anyone else's. I was just stating mine. I think that's okay?  Sad

As far as "Longnose" vs the others...for the record my problem with Kate was never that she didn't work for a paycheck during her ten year apprenticeship as Will's booty call. I thought it was disgusting that she made a great pantomine of going to work and then informing her bosses that she needed to be on call for her boyfriend and then quit after about 2 mos.

Why not just volunteer for some worthy charity, or go and pursue a higher degree?

As far as "Longnose" or ANYONE not  working for a living...I simply don't care if rich folks don't work. I'd rather they not take a paycheck from people who NEED to work anyway. That's just me.

My response was directed at you because you seemed upset that anyone would dare question Longnose's work history. (Why the quotes around Longnose? I thought that was her nickname.  Thinking) Hanzo asked very good questions about her CV. Questions that were answered for the other people marrying into royalty over the past few years. You stated the Lux people may not care but that has never stopped RDers from asking questions about these people before. Why should we stop now?

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »

My response was directed at you because you seemed upset that anyone would dare question Longnose's work history. (Why the quotes around Longnose? I thought that was her nickname.  Thinking) Hanzo asked very good questions about her CV. Questions that were answered for the other people marrying into royalty over the past few years. You stated the Lux people may not care but that has never stopped RDers from asking questions about these people before. Why should we stop now?

"Seemed upset"? With all due respect SB I am not sure how you could give an opinion on my mood based on what I posted. I stated my opinion. I stated why I believed what I did.

I never called names, uses sarcasm, eyerolls, etc.

"Longnose" is the nickname YOU use for the new HGD. So I just borrowed it. It's not my nickname for her. I think her nose is fine.

Again, and I am not sure why I have to keep repeating myself but here goes...you and anyone else are free to question whatever you want about anyone you want.

If Poster A says "The sky is blue" and I pipe in with the response that "The SKY IS LAVENDER" I am not questioning Poster A's right to call the sky blue.I hope I am making sense.

SouthernBelle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2012, 12:46:22 AM »

My original intent was to respond to the bolded statement from one of your previous posts.

Many of us here have raised questions about the pre-royal work histories of the married-ins. That was the purpose of some of the previous posts in this thread. The bolded statement implied, to me, that we shouldn't be worried about Longnose's past work experience since the Lux people don't care. That's not how things have worked in the past. There are several remarks made about Mary and Marie's dubious resumes and it seems the Danes could care less. But we still keep trucking along with our remarks and opinions.

Someone else called her Longnose. I just borrowed it but I think it fits her.

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »

My original intent was to respond to the bolded statement from one of your previous posts.

Many of us here have raised questions about the pre-royal work histories of the married-ins. That was the purpose of some of the previous posts in this thread. The bolded statement implied, to me, that we shouldn't be worried about Longnose's past work experience since the Lux people don't care. That's not how things have worked in the past. There are several remarks made about Mary and Marie's dubious resumes and it seems the Danes could care less. But we still keep trucking along with our remarks and opinions.

Someone else called her Longnose. I just borrowed it but I think it fits her.

Well, all I can say is keep on raising your questions SB, and keep worrying about Stephanie's past work experience if that's what you want to do.

My comment about the people of the Grand Duchy was not meant as a rebuke or a judgement of posters who have concerns. It was an observation I was making based on regularly skimming the local  papers like Wort.lu...her work history is simply not an issue. But I know that it could be a concern for posters here and that is why a Board like this exists in the first place.

I can't comment on Mary or Marie. I couldn't care less about either of them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:05:26 AM by KittyHeaven » Logged
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2012, 02:11:49 AM »

I think that what will endear Stephanie, or not, to the people of Luxembourg will be her ability to concern herself genuinely with the people, educated and uneducated alike, and her affection for their hereditary Duke.
It is impressive that Stephanie has a good education and some sort of work history but her role as a Royal will be successful if she has naturally warm PR attributes.
I hope she will go fine.  She will learn the language and gradually gain confidence in her new country.
Does anyone know whether Stephanie wishes to continue in her paid employment?
She could be like Sophie Wessex.
My guess is that she will take on some charity roles quite quickly.

When are they returning from their honeymoon - will they take a month or less?

KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2012, 04:35:44 AM »

I think that what will endear Stephanie, or not, to the people of Luxembourg will be her ability to concern herself genuinely with the people, educated and uneducated alike, and her affection for their hereditary Duke.
It is impressive that Stephanie has a good education and some sort of work history but her role as a Royal will be successful if she has naturally warm PR attributes.
I hope she will go fine.  She will learn the language and gradually gain confidence in her new country.
Does anyone know whether Stephanie wishes to continue in her paid employment?
She could be like Sophie Wessex.
My guess is that she will take on some charity roles quite quickly.

When are they returning from their honeymoon - will they take a month or less?

No, she will not take a job like Sophie Wessex. According to statements she made in pre-wedding interviews she wants to support Guillaume as much as people. She will also devote herself to social issues in the Grand Duchy. She specifically mentioned the areas of loneliness and isolation, noting that it is not just a problem that affects the elderly. I found it interesting that she wants to focus her attention on that in particular.

She is already a member of board of La Fondation Grand Ducale which addresses specific social problems in the country, and at the end of November she will accompany Guillaume on an economic mission to China.

I have no idea when they will return from honeymoon.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2012, 07:27:30 AM »

I think there are great differences between Sophie and Steph. Sophie was already in her job when she met Edward. Edward is not the heir to the English throne. In England there is one generation in between.

It would not make sense for Steph to work outside other than supporting Giu. No other crown princess or clown princess does. As we all know some don't even manage to support their husbands.  Real mad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 693   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: