Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Margaret  (Read 51158 times)
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2019, 07:46:51 AM »

I never understood why Margaret was a bit mean?

She was not allowed to marry the man she loved unless she gave up the only life she'd ever known as well as all the perks she absolutely enjoyed. I would say that was one of her main reasons for being mean and probably bitter. Worst part was, it was her sister who told her this.
In my opinion, I rather pick true love(soulmate) than having perks. What perks anyways?
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »

She was not allowed to marry the man she loved unless she gave up the only life she'd ever known as well as all the perks she absolutely enjoyed. I would say that was one of her main reasons for being mean and probably bitter. Worst part was, it was her sister who told her this.
In my opinion, I rather pick true love(soulmate) than having perks. What perks anyways?
Agreed. A case of "I love you, but just not quite enough". Maybe she looked at her Uncle David's loss of status and decided that it wasn't for her.  In the end it was her choice, no one locked her in a tower.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2019, 10:42:29 AM »

Money, status, a home in KP. She was not going to be an Army or civil service wife in a country house with nothing happening. She wanted the clubs, jewels, appearances, and importance (well self importance). Unfortunately for her no son of a Duke was going to marry her with her "past" so she settled . . .
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2019, 11:39:15 AM »

ITA CathyJane. There were reports that also suggested the relationship between HM and Margaret was further strained when Margaret told HM about PP's affair with a confidante of HM's. Margaret apparently did this in retaliation over the Townsend situation. HM apparently proceeded to shoot the messenger. 

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
rainbow

Warned
Micro Member

Western Sahara Western Sahara

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »

Karma is a bitch. I think Charles marrying Camilla is worse than Margaret wanting to marry Townsend.
She should've been more empathic, Margaret was not the heir and obviously her importance was going to fade.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2019, 12:56:17 PM »

Karma is a bitch. I think Charles marrying Camilla is worse than Margaret wanting to marry Townsend.
She should've been more empathic, Margaret was not the heir and obviously her importance was going to fade.

Different times - but Hazzard marrying Imelda is much the same and likely to end the same wway
rainbow

Warned
Micro Member

Western Sahara Western Sahara

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »

Different times - but Hazzard marrying Imelda is much the same and likely to end the same wway
Harry&Meg are a bonus from karma, they'll be sidelined anyway.
Charles, on the other hand checked all the wrong boxes. Too bad Margaret didn't live to witness his wedding. Or maybe it's better she didn't, I know I would be furious.
Evangelina

Warned
Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »

She had to choose-family history/lineage/perks or love, she choose the first.
Edward choose Wallis , she resented him , rich from a twice divorced probable Nazi  spy, according to FBI declassifieds.
Edward was a wimp, Margaret a hedonist. She wouldn't end on the patch, a military base in poverty if she choose love. She really wasn't marriage material by the standards of her time. The loove thing is often a excuse in their circles for failing at basics of life.
Personal accountability,introspection, a foreign concept.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2019, 02:12:12 AM »

Money, status, a home in KP. She was not going to be an Army or civil service wife in a country house with nothing happening. She wanted the clubs, jewels, appearances, and importance (well self importance). Unfortunately for her no son of a Duke was going to marry her with her "past" so she settled . . .
All the perks it seems glittery from the outside but probably will get old fast.
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2019, 02:33:01 AM »

Margaret seemed yo be to be terribly grand, demanding, apparently she was "The houseguest from hell".
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2019, 02:35:30 AM »

Sorry about the typos. Haven't been drinking, seriously. Just lying in bed.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2019, 06:43:52 AM »

Margaret seemed yo be to be terribly grand, demanding, apparently she was "The houseguest from hell".
She suffered what Harry is suffering now. Inferiority complex.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2019, 09:12:13 AM »

In her case "relevance deprivation" if she was forced to accept the terms.

In Handbag's case it is both - while it was his brother and sister in law and him fronting up to things then he was "equalish" as the son of Charles. But since he married there is a distinction between Couple A and Couple B. The B Team will do the Commonwealth wave holitours for the next however many years, the A Team will go to State occasions and be invited to Euro royal occasions. Wife A will wear a broader range of jewels, Wife B will probably be restricted to her wedding tiara until Charles is King.

Margaret did not have enough sense to conduct her affairs behind closed doors - if she had then "appearances" would have been maintained. Harry - being nowhere near the "throne" was free to marry who he chose. Times have changed. But if he was 2nd in line then I doubt Meg would have been seen to be OK within the time frame - he would have had to wait longer. He no doubt had support from his father at the time - ie "marrying suitable does not mean it will work" and "daddy married a divorced woman who is now accepted" 
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »

In her case "relevance deprivation" if she was forced to accept the terms.

In Handbag's case it is both - while it was his brother and sister in law and him fronting up to things then he was "equalish" as the son of Charles. But since he married there is a distinction between Couple A and Couple B. The B Team will do the Commonwealth wave holitours for the next however many years, the A Team will go to State occasions and be invited to Euro royal occasions. Wife A will wear a broader range of jewels, Wife B will probably be restricted to her wedding tiara until Charles is King.

Margaret did not have enough sense to conduct her affairs behind closed doors - if she had then "appearances" would have been maintained. Harry - being nowhere near the "throne" was free to marry who he chose. Times have changed. But if he was 2nd in line then I doubt Meg would have been seen to be OK within the time frame - he would have had to wait longer. He no doubt had support from his father at the time - ie "marrying suitable does not mean it will work" and "daddy married a divorced woman who is now accepted" 
It seems to me choosing the perks and status wasn't really worth it.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2019, 11:24:58 PM »

Sarah and Daniel Chatto + David and Serena attended a gala dinner celebrating the opening of the 'Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams' exhibition at The V&A in London

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: