Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement and Wedding Philippe and Mathilde  (Read 25107 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

Thanks Cindy and MW! Star Star

The woman in that Prince Charles picture kind of looks like a man in drag Thinking
earl grey

Small Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »

Aww...
That is so cute.
In the first video Miss W posted (of the nuptial mass), you can see a little girl giving a small reading.

The voice-over says the girl was a former pupil of Mathilde,, who used to be a logopedy teacher.
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »

Aww...
That is so cute.
In the first video Miss W posted (of the nuptial mass), you can see a little girl giving a small reading.

The voice-over says the girl was a former pupil of Mathilde,, who used to be a logopedy teacher.

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know the little girl was Mathilde's former student.  That's probably why on the video they showed Mathilde sort of encouraging the little girl while she was reading.  I love the song they used when Mathilde walked down the aisle, Magnificat by Bach.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »

Everyone looks so young (and better!) in the weddingphotos Blush Mathilde's outfit was not very good though - even the tiara looks rather puny on top of her strange hairdo Blink They seems like a really solid and lovely couple - nice to see
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 12:07:51 AM »

It's almost startling to see Princess Masako in attendance at a Royal wedding. Charles too, for that matter.   Shocked

I really disliked Mathilde's dress, and her tiara did indeed look puny(thank you Maria!) but her face was glowing like in those paintings of the Madonna you see in museums. She was so happy, and so was Philippe. 

This looked like it was very grand, well attended Royal wedding. I wish I had paid more attention at the time....thanks for all the photos everyone!  Smiley
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 01:45:12 AM »

Star  Thank you, Makreel!  These photos are great.

I can't believe that this was only twelve years ago!
Everyone looked so much younger - and very very happy.
Henrik's tummy didn't exist at all.  Yikes
Silvia's face was sweet.  C-G appeared a little socially stunted where-as other royals were laughing and having a great time together. Haakon looked like a young boy.  He and his sister have been blessed with youthful skin.
I loved seeing the Crown Princess of Japan out and about and sparkling.  

Mathilde' dress was not a favourite but she was, never-the-less, as radiant a bride as I've seen.
Her tall stature carried the coat dress okay.  It didn't swamp her like I thought that Letizia's swamped her on her wedding day. (Letizia was also a nice bride.)
Mathilde's flowers were too bushy but I liked her small tiara.  Her eyes were exquisite.  Thumb up
Philippe seemed nervous but strong.
A winter wedding is beautiful.  The dark red attendants were gorgeous and lush.
episcogal

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 04:28:20 AM »

Bea looked a lot lighter in a spiritual way. Also, Daisy looked pretty in her suit.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:36 AM »

http://translate.google.d...gien-ein-Gluecksfall.html

Many were surprised that he got one like her and again there were rumours he was gay (because if you are not like Albert or CG, you are gay  Roll Eyes ).

Ain't it the truth...but hey don't forget Juan Carlos!  Roll Eyes
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »

I love winter weddings.  Anne-Marie looked gorgeous Thumb up  I don't think I've ever seen pics of the guests at that wedding.

I hated Mathilde's dress, bouquet and hairstyle.  The dress is so unflattering, the bouquet looked like a bush, and the hairstyle was too flat for that tiara.  I wonder what the dress looked like without the coat?  The opening of the coat (on the waist) shows off a less-than flat stomach, which added to the unflattering style of this dress.  I think that Mathilde would have looked great in a dress similar to Maxima's.  The thicker fabric would have been better for her.  

Was this a Natan dress?
I have to agree. The coat dress look doesn't flatter too many figures. Letiza, Sophie, and Mathilde all looked swamped in their wedding gowns. The only one who looked good was Martha Louise IMO.
Makreel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »

Makreel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »

:cheesy:Her gigantic bouquet looks exactly like the bouquet on the back of the car.  It almost looks like she ripped the bouquet off the back and just carried it in with her.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

What makes me sad about the wedding photos is seeking Masako. This is before Kunaicho (the Imperial Household Agency) has squeezed all the life out of her. She's never looked as happy and carefree since as she does in the few photos from this wedding.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

I know it's a little thing, but I hate it when brides hold up the front of their gowns when they are walking the way Mathilde is doing in several photos. It looks like she is afraid she will trip over the front of it, which means that either the hem was not correctly measured by the designer OR Mathilde is not wearing the same heels she wore at her fittings.

The should be no worry about tripping over your dress.  Angry
Aziza

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 01:28:56 AM »

Great pics.  Good thread, Makreel   Star

I'm curious as to why some male guests are in uniform (Felipe, Haakon, Albert of Monaco etc.) and others aren't (Charles, Willem-Alexander, etc.)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: