Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla News & Events  (Read 152221 times)
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: July 03, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »

It was smoking that caused the relatively early deaths of George V and Edward 8. Charles may well be 80 when he becomes king and go on for another 15 years - then Wills will be 62 .. not sure we will get much work out of him at that stage

Which wouldn't be much different from what we already get.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: July 03, 2016, 09:32:26 PM »

I also have found myself wondering what would happen to Charles -- and presumably Charles' reign -- should Camilla not be blessed with Windsor-style longevity. He's been such a happy man in the years since his relationship with her came out into the open. I wonder if he'd turn crarnky and bitter without her?
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: July 03, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »

^Let's not forget that Charles has spent every moment possible in the second hand smoke of a chain smoker for many decades.  I remember  reading that she was the only person allowed to smoke at Highgrove. Camilla finally quit a few years ago but she was a regular ash tray for virtually all of her adult life. You can still hear it in her voice.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: July 03, 2016, 11:07:00 PM »

^Let's not forget that Charles has spent every moment possible in the second hand smoke of a chain smoker for many decades.  I remember  reading that she was the only person allowed to smoke at Highgrove. Camilla finally quit a few years ago but she was a regular ash tray for virtually all of her adult life. You can still hear it in her voice.

TBH a lot of her generation were smokers (and passive smokers) and yet they don't all die because of it. Charles and Camilla might be lucky not having to suffer the consequences. QM allegedly drank rather heavily and still lived a very long life. On the other hand there is HM's sister who did not. And if smoking means you will die very early I guess the BRF will be extinct before the rhinos are because the younger generation are/were all smokers.  Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: July 04, 2016, 04:26:22 AM »

^ of course. I was replying to the idea that all the Windsor men were so short lived  only because they were smokers and Chales was not. We now know that second hand smoke is quite as deadly, especially when it is over 30+years constant exposure .
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: July 04, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »

^ of course. I was replying to the idea that all the Windsor men were so short lived  only because they were smokers and Chales was not. We now know that second hand smoke is quite as deadly, especially when it is over 30+years constant exposure .

Thanks for explaining. I agree with you although I don't think that they spent that much time with each other. But the society back then was very accepting of smokers and he would have been exposed to it even without Camilla. I also think it's too easy to say it's just about an unhealthy lifestyle that the Windsor men are allegedly short lived. Even people with a very healthy lifestyle cannot exclude air or water pollution. He also did a lot of travelling and was exposed to dangerous regions. But the same is true for his mother and father and they are still going strong. So I hope for the sake of the UK that Charles and Camilla will live a long life because Charles' heir will be a disaster.  Wink

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: July 04, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »

^Let's not forget that Charles has spent every moment possible in the second hand smoke of a chain smoker for many decades.  I remember  reading that she was the only person allowed to smoke at Highgrove. Camilla finally quit a few years ago but she was a regular ash tray for virtually all of her adult life. You can still hear it in her voice.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark is a longtime smoker and she is still alive and kicking, so maybe the same can happen to Camilla.
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: July 09, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

Camilla's mother lived to not quite 73.
Raquel123

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: July 10, 2016, 05:48:11 AM »

Is she getting more popular than Prince Charles?
AutumnOpal

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: July 10, 2016, 11:45:50 PM »

^ of course. I was replying to the idea that all the Windsor men were so short lived  only because they were smokers and Chales was not. We now know that second hand smoke is quite as deadly, especially when it is over 30+years constant exposure .

Thanks for explaining. I agree with you although I don't think that they spent that much time with each other. But the society back then was very accepting of smokers and he would have been exposed to it even without Camilla. I also think it's too easy to say it's just about an unhealthy lifestyle that the Windsor men are allegedly short lived. Even people with a very healthy lifestyle cannot exclude air or water pollution. He also did a lot of travelling and was exposed to dangerous regions. But the same is true for his mother and father and they are still going strong. So I hope for the sake of the UK that Charles and Camilla will live a long life because Charles' heir will be a disaster.  Wink

He's a Windsor man but he's also half Mountbatten  Wink there's a lot of longevity there too
Queen Barbara

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: July 13, 2016, 02:35:11 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...am-jar-St-James-Park.html

Even camilla looks Warmer to people in her engagement. Not like waity and will, they looks like if they don't want to touch the people like if they were to get a disease. At least camilla is trying even if it's just to publicity to pretending that she is nice
GingerMini

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: July 13, 2016, 11:59:37 PM »

From what I have seen, I don't doubt Camilla's sincerity when it comes to her charities. Whatever one thinks of her personally, she seems to be involved in charities that touch her personally and that she is committed to and present for.

Love the dream jar!
casie

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: February 16, 2017, 10:36:23 PM »

Camilla dancing with Arthur Edwards on a visit to Bristol.  I saw this posted on the British Royals Message Board and thought it was cute.  I thought I'd post it here (I don't know if I'm supposed/allowed to post a link to the original post).

Here is a link to the video:
https://twitter.com/MaxFo...status/831467114812801024

And some still pictures:
http://www.zimbio.com/pic...AUaQhRQRb3/Arthur+Edwards
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: February 16, 2017, 10:44:51 PM »

That is adorable. I love camilla!
Kimothy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: February 16, 2017, 11:57:00 PM »

Camilla dancing with Arthur Edwards on a visit to Bristol.  I saw this posted on the British Royals Message Board and thought it was cute.  I thought I'd post it here (I don't know if I'm supposed/allowed to post a link to the original post).

Here is a link to the video:
https://twitter.com/MaxFo...status/831467114812801024

And some still pictures:
http://www.zimbio.com/pic...AUaQhRQRb3/Arthur+Edwards

Too cute!!  I am a Cam fan because her work is sincere and she and Charles are a great team. Also, it's wonderful to see Arthur Edwards still taking photographs-- 40 years and going strong!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: