Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla News & Events  (Read 238539 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: March 05, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »

Regarding Camilla's title, wouldn't Parliament have to pass a bill in order for her to be titled Princess Consort? Legally she will be Queen - as she is Princess of Wales yet doesn't use it...

She'll be queen consort. People need to get over it. I assume Camilla does not care much one way or the other, she seems too down to earth.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2020, 04:31:38 AM »

Camilla's brother said years ago that one of the sticking points about the marriage was that Camilla Did Not want to be Queen. You know what, I would hope that they were honest at the time of the marriage about their intentions and did just not 'say whaterever you need to, to get your way'. I always thought it was likely that Charles was being disingenuous, but I think Camilla doesn't want it.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:02 AM »

Camilla's brother said years ago that one of the sticking points about the marriage was that Camilla Did Not want to be Queen. You know what, I would hope that they were honest at the time of the marriage about their intentions and did just not 'say whaterever you need to, to get your way'. I always thought it was likely that Charles was being disingenuous, but I think Camilla doesn't want it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Camilla is someone, who doesn't want to be front.

She probably thinks that if she's called Princess Consort rather than Queen Consort she won't have to step forward. I don't mean that she doesn't want to work, but she doesn't like the fame and the cameras associated with it.

Camilla for me has always been someone acting in the background, who doesn't want to overshadow anyone.

The thing is that she's mistaking this: As Charles' wife she'll always be the first one, no matter what her title.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:42:12 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »

There were grumblings at the time of marriage that a divorcee shouldn't be crowned and then of course there was the Diana thing/ her's and Charles's affair.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:03 PM »

Regarding Camilla's title, wouldn't Parliament have to pass a bill in order for her to be titled Princess Consort? Legally she will be Queen - as she is Princess of Wales yet doesn't use it...

She'll be queen consort. People need to get over it. I assume Camilla does not care much one way or the other, she seems too down to earth.

I don't think Parliament would have to pass a bill for this any more than they have to pass a bill now to allow any other married woman to retain her own surname and not take her husband's.   It would, however, require Charles to issue Letters Patent or maybe just let his will be known as HM seems to have made a habit of doing, to create the title of Princess Consort for her.  The sovereign is the one who is the fount of all honours.  It will be interesting though in that the king's wife is the queen merely by reason of being the wife of the king, so Camilla will still be the queen but known as the Princess Consort.  Will he state that henceforth the wife of the king will be known as Princess Consort, in a way that will bind Kate & later George's wife?  Though, of course, William could, in due course, reverse Charles' declaration and reinstate the tradition of the king's wife being the Queen.   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:52:11 PM by Margaret » Logged
CurleySharon

Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »

I don't think Parliament would have to pass a bill for this any more than they have to pass a bill now to allow any other married woman to retain her own surname and not take her husband's.   It would, however, require Charles to issue Letters Patent or maybe just let his will be known as HM seems to have made a habit of doing, to create the title of Princess Consort for her.  The sovereign is the one who is the fount of all honours.  It will be interesting though in that the king's wife is the queen merely by reason of being the wife of the king, so Camilla will still be the queen but known as the Princess Consort.  Will he state that henceforth the wife of the king will be known as Princess Consort, in a way that will bind Kate & later George's wife?  Though, of course, William could, in due course, reverse Charles' declaration and reinstate the tradition of the king's wife being the Queen.  

I guess they can call each other whatever they want, their positions will still be the same regardless of the title. Camilla is currently the Princess of Wales but prefers to be known as the Duchess of Cornwall - that is her choice. Either way, she is quite popular here in Ireland, just as W&K are making something of an impression too to-day.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: March 05, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »

Well, one thing we know for sure is that she will always be queen of Charles' heart. And for her that probably counts more than anything else.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: March 05, 2020, 07:40:44 PM »

Well, one thing we know for sure is that she will always be queen of Charles' heart. And for her that probably counts more than anything else.

Very true, and a very nice thing it is.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2020, 11:04:12 PM »

I don't think Parliament would have to pass a bill for this any more than they have to pass a bill now to allow any other married woman to retain her own surname and not take her husband's.   It would, however, require Charles to issue Letters Patent or maybe just let his will be known as HM seems to have made a habit of doing, to create the title of Princess Consort for her.  The sovereign is the one who is the fount of all honours.  It will be interesting though in that the king's wife is the queen merely by reason of being the wife of the king, so Camilla will still be the queen but known as the Princess Consort.  Will he state that henceforth the wife of the king will be known as Princess Consort, in a way that will bind Kate & later George's wife?  Though, of course, William could, in due course, reverse Charles' declaration and reinstate the tradition of the king's wife being the Queen.   

Tony Blair was the PM at the time and he told the parliament that legislation would need to be passed to strip Camilla of her rights to be The Queen - as they would have to make the marriage morganatic which in 1936 the then government told Edward VIII wasn't possible in the UK. She would have to be stripped of the title HM The Queen BEFORE Charles could issue the LPs to create her as Princess Consort as the title of Princess is lower than the one of Queen.

I can see parliament actually passing legislation to make ALL spouses of monarchs 'Prince/Princess Consort' to have equality.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2020, 11:14:54 PM »

I agree.  I don't think Cams is at all worried what she will be called.  

IMO, people make her decision to go by DOC a far bigger deal than it ever was to her.  I do think that it was her own choice not to be referred to as Princess of Wales and I'm sure it's a relief.  Aside from the fact that the title was associated with Diana and all her baggage; the title was associated to William's mother (oh, and Harold. But, since he forgets William was also her son, I can forget Harold was) and I think Cams decided on DOC more out of respect for William. and Harold.

My only opinion is that Cams should be able to decide how she wants to be referred to and we should all respect it.  If she wants to be Queen, let her be Queen, if she wants to be Princess Consort, let her be that. The media will call her whatever they want as it is.  

Personally, I think she should break all the rules and go by such a remote title as HM The Duchess of Lancaster.  How completely random and f*cking great would that be?

Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: March 05, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »

Tony Blair was the PM at the time and he told the parliament that legislation would need to be passed to strip Camilla of her rights to be The Queen - as they would have to make the marriage morganatic which in 1936 the then government told Edward VIII wasn't possible in the UK. She would have to be stripped of the title HM The Queen BEFORE Charles could issue the LPs to create her as Princess Consort as the title of Princess is lower than the one of Queen.

I can see parliament actually passing legislation to make ALL spouses of monarchs 'Prince/Princess Consort' to have equality.

That is interesting and something I never thought of, luvcharles. It would make it equal. But it's hard to get my head around the wife of a King not being the Queen. I do want Queen Catherine eventually.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: March 06, 2020, 01:40:22 AM »

If you had asked me five years ago I wouldn't have been so keen on a Queen Catherine and would have supported the idea I suggested but now I want a Queen Camilla (always did) AND a Queen Catherine and hopefully I will be alive to see both of these ladies crowned with those titles.

I can just see this 'equality' driven society deciding to make both male and female consorts have the same title - if they are forced to actually pass any legislation. Better to just let Camilla be The Queen.

I would also love them to allow daughters equal rights to inherit titles (but that is because my cousins didn't have the right to inherit their father's title as they were girls and there were no males so the title became extinct and it made me mad they didn't have the rights just because they were girls).
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: March 06, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »

Camilla's speech at the WoW event today was poignant and fantastic - about domestic abuse and changing the conversation from 'why won't she leave?' to 'why won't he stop?' and teaching younger generations about healthy loving relationships.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: March 06, 2020, 04:33:14 PM »

Camilla's speech at the WoW event today was poignant and fantastic - about domestic abuse and changing the conversation from 'why won't she leave?' to 'why won't he stop?' and teaching younger generations about healthy loving relationships.

Thatís brilliant, Cams! Thank you!

Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: March 06, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »

*boom*

Absolutely agree with Camilla. Not to mention, when women leave, the chance of their being murdered goes up. There was one such case in Los Angeles very recently.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: