Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camilla News & Events  (Read 250078 times)
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: March 07, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »

Thanks Chandrasekhi, for posting Camilla's speech.  Thumb up

I have always been thankful that this is one of her causes. She dove into it with passion and yes, I'm going to say it, maturity. Camilla has educated herself, and us, along the way. Good on her.

Star
Yes thank you Chandrasekhi!!  Camilla doesn't get the coverage or kudos so it was good to read this.  A fine speech. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: March 07, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »

Those who know the value of what Royals can do, will have paid attention to what Camilla had to say.  Her work is rarely celebrated in the tabloids anyway.  They only care about shallow celebs & their latest antics.

Camilla will be a good Queen no matter what title she takes.

Iíve noticed a lot more tweeting and retweeting of this event on social media to try and bring it to the forefront so it doesnít get lost in other peopleís antics. Hopefully that will continue. It deserves all of the attention it can get. I read that she had been planning this roll out for a year so itís a shame other things wound up happening at the same time.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: March 12, 2020, 10:13:49 PM »

It is indeed an excellent speech.
She checks all boxes and I applaud her for giving credit to the woman who coined that fabulous catchy quote of "don't ask why she doesn't leave - ask, why he doesn't stop". Other speakers have stolen such quotes and pretended they were theirsÖ
I also noted (quite pleased) that she gave that other lady who apparently organises and heads many of these events such lovely praise. Again most royals think they are the draw and the important one and merely "thank everybody and the organisation " for doing such a "great, šehm important job"...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: March 13, 2020, 12:06:05 AM »

Those who know the value of what Royals can do, will have paid attention to what Camilla had to say.  Her work is rarely celebrated in the tabloids anyway.  They only care about shallow celebs & their latest antics.

Camilla will be a good Queen no matter what title she takes.

Iíve noticed a lot more tweeting and retweeting of this event on social media to try and bring it to the forefront so it doesnít get lost in other peopleís antics. Hopefully that will continue. It deserves all of the attention it can get. I read that she had been planning this roll out for a year so itís a shame other things wound up happening at the same time.

I think people, who're really interested in royalty and not just in fame, will see all this in the long.

Camilla is also one, who knows that things won't change overnight and will continue to improve things little by little.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2020, 01:32:42 PM »

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron of Medical Detection Dogs, visited the charityís training centre where trials are currently underway to determine whether dogs can learn to detect COVID-19

lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: September 09, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »

I think the visor is much better for most royals to wear. It lets people see them, which is vital. I'm not so sure someone of Camilla's age and vulnerability shouldn't use a mask instead though, which would protect her as well as others. Perhaps she has difficulty breathing with the mask on.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: September 09, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »

Thanks LA!   Star

Camilla looks like she is really enjoying herself!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: September 09, 2020, 07:15:48 PM »

I think the visor is much better for most royals to wear. It lets people see them, which is vital. I'm not so sure someone of Camilla's age and vulnerability shouldn't use a mask instead though, which would protect her as well as others. Perhaps she has difficulty breathing with the mask on.

I tend to agree.  The effectiveness of masks vs shields is pretty heavily debated but both do provide so measure of protection to the wearer and to others from droplets in the wearerís respiration.  In the context of royal visits I do like it, though in a general context Iím very torn and do lean more towards masks provided theyíre worn correctly and have a fairly snug fit.  If the UK allows shields then Iím a ok with her choice.

Note about breathing problems...at the grocery store yesterday I saw the sweetest old man with his cloth face mask on and could clearly see his nasal cannula threaded underneath and his oxygen tank in the baby basket of his cart.  Bless him, he was just doing his thing. 
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: September 09, 2020, 07:48:21 PM »

Thanks, LA
Camilla + Doggy = Angel

Face protection is mainly for those around you, it's been proven to be fairly ineffective at protecting the wearer afaik. I think shields are even less effective though, so while I agree it makes for a more photogenic appearance, at her age I would suggest a tighter mask.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: September 10, 2020, 03:46:20 PM »

I believe Cams said that she prefers to wear the face shield because it allows the people she is talking with to see her smile and her reactions far better than a mask.  This is turn leads to a feeling of a closer connection between her and the people.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: October 08, 2020, 04:38:39 PM »

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Royal Voluntary Service visited The Royal Voluntary Service Lunch Club in Rickmansworth today,

thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: October 08, 2020, 10:35:32 PM »

Go Cams! I bet these folks loved having a visitor with everything going on - it has to have been a lonely stretch of time for many of them. I like that she has no issue masking up and taking precautions and can still look like she's engaged and happy to be there.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: