Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many French pretending royal families are there?  (Read 6205 times)
sweets7908

« on: October 24, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »

OK, so I was a little confused when I found out that there was a Legitimist Royal Family, and Orleanist Royal Family and an Imperial Family who are all pretenders to the (former) French throne. If anyone could probably tell me a little bit more about them that would be great.

Just wondering! Thanks!   Champagne
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »

You may find some information here : https://en.wikipedia.org/...monarchs#Later_pretenders

In short, there are three main pretenders:
-For the Legitimists : Louis Alphonse de Bourbon (born 1974). Married to Maria Margarita Vargas de Satantaella since 2004. Three children: Eugenia born in 2007 and twins Louis and Alphonse in 2010.

-For the Orleanists : Henri d'Orléans, Comte de Paris (born 1933). He has five children, the "heir being his second son Jean, Duke of Vendôme (married to Philomena de Tornos, they have a son Gaston born 2009, and a daughter Antoinette in 2012)

-For the Bonapartists : Charles Napoléon (born 1950) though some also recognised his son Jean-Christophe (born 1986) as the current Head of House.

There are also other pretenders including Queen Elizabeth II for example, or even King Juan Carlos through their ancestry.

tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »

I find it really pathetic how ousted monarchs, pretenders and their families still cling on to titles and social prestige.

The Greek royals irritate me the most, they're down in the shit but always come out smelling of roses.

christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

I find it really pathetic how ousted monarchs, pretenders and their families still cling on to titles and social prestige.

The Greek royals irritate me the most, they're down in the shit but always come out smelling of roses.

I agree with you. The Greeks were ousted, yes still they hang on, and IMO it only makes them look like pathetic desperados  Roll Eyes
sweets7908

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »

You may find some information here : https://en.wikipedia.org/...monarchs#Later_pretenders

In short, there are three main pretenders:
-For the Legitimists : Louis Alphonse de Bourbon (born 1974). Married to Maria Margarita Vargas de Satantaella since 2004. Three children: Eugenia born in 2007 and twins Louis and Alphonse in 2010.

-For the Orleanists : Henri d'Orléans, Comte de Paris (born 1933). He has five children, the "heir being his second son Jean, Duke of Vendôme (married to Philomena de Tornos, they have a son Gaston born 2009, and a daughter Antoinette in 2012)

-For the Bonapartists : Charles Napoléon (born 1950) though some also recognised his son Jean-Christophe (born 1986) as the current Head of House.

There are also other pretenders including Queen Elizabeth II for example, or even King Juan Carlos through their ancestry.

Thank you, Elissa!  Hug
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »

If they were not married into two reigning families and didn't have the BRF's connection with Phillip they'd be in the same camp as the Bulgarians, Serbians, Romanians etc... Wink Interesting enough the royals that I've mentioned seem to have a better "bond" now with their former kingdoms than the Greeks.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »

The other RFs have chosen to move back to their original countries (or at least some of them or at least part/most of the year) and be involved in different causes there unlike the Greeks.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

Aren't the Greeks barred from returning to live in Greece?
sweets7908

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »

Aren't the Greeks barred from returning to live in Greece?

Maybe that's why Crown Prince Pavlos had his wedding in London...
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »

I'm sure the ban was lifted - can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Constantine took Greece to the European Court over land and property, I think he won the case and rather than return the land and property the Greek Government chose to pay him monetary compensation instead - that perhaps is a sign that they may legally be allowed to live there but that they aren't too welcome.

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »

I think the ban was lifted as well. Don't C&AM have a home there now? Gargamel and Tatters married in Greece and I think a few of MC and Pavlos's kids have been baptised there.
sweets7908

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »

I think the ban was lifted as well. Don't C&AM have a home there now? Gargamel and Tatters married in Greece and I think a few of MC and Pavlos's kids have been baptised there.

Can we try and talk about the topic?...
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »

Can we try and talk about the topic?...

Of course we can sweets. Can you pop over to the "About the Board" section and introduce yourself as the new moderator because I didn't know we had one. Thanks!  Beer
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

You're joking, right, sweets? The new poster who has disregarded every instruction from the veterans and a moderator is telling us now how to behave?  

Constantine took Greece to the European Court over land and property, I think he won the case and rather than return the land and property the Greek Government chose to pay him monetary compensation instead - that perhaps is a sign that they may legally be allowed to live there but that they aren't too welcome.

The ban has been lifted. All the other RFs TLLK mentioned were also banned from their countries.

Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »

that's pretty much it. they settled with the greek state and can now freely travel to greece, as any other european citizen can. actually i'm wondering if they could have gone to greece before too but they didn't want to as long as their dispute with the greek government was not settled.

i do not think that the government would approve of them being involved in causes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: