Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Romanovs  (Read 180545 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

It's a strange tiara, but it comes closest to the Kokoshnik shape worn by Russian royalty & nobility. You see the same in the hairbands of her new MiL and the bridesmaids.

The little blond bridesmaid here, to me, looks just like CP's and Sssnakey's oldest son. 

Interesting that a long-disbanded branch of royalty harks back so literally to the past for this look. It so underlines that they are not current royals.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: October 04, 2021, 12:59:33 AM »

A livestream for the wedding of George and Victoria   
https://www.is.fi/vihde/art-2000008302153.html
miliosr

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2021, 02:13:13 AM »

It's a strange tiara, but it comes closest to the Kokoshnik shape worn by Russian royalty & nobility. You see the same in the hairbands of her new MiL and the bridesmaids.

The little blond bridesmaid here, to me, looks just like CP's and Sssnakey's oldest son. 

Interesting that a long-disbanded branch of royalty harks back so literally to the past for this look. It so underlines that they are not current royals.
It's like Romanov cosplay at this point.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2021, 03:04:56 AM »

They look like tiny Anne Boleyn, headed soon to the Tower.

I sincerely wish them well. The couple waited it out for six years before marrying, six years that I am sure Mama Maria held our for a rich Royal bride who would be willing to convert. I’m sure she looted the TNT daughters, the semi Royal Greeks, the Hanover’s, the German aristocracy….and the couple, determined to be together, just hung in there.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: October 04, 2021, 06:04:47 AM »

Right? Especially a past that resulted in most of your family being lined up and shot...........
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2021, 06:20:38 AM »

I thought it was a raggedy bunch, honestly. A lot of pretenders whooping it up.

But daaaaamn, who paid for this? The flowers on the reception tables alone are stupidly expensive.

Woolworth. And probably the Russian government.  A spectacle under their control is a valuable PR piece.  Mamma and Georgie haven’t any qualms about cozying up to the successor regime to that which slaughtered their family.

Woolworth? As in the shop? Sorry I'm so lost.

I did see a pic of someone carrying in the bottom 1/2 of "the cake" which they seemed to be doing with just one hand, almost as if it wasn't a real cake...

For context, George's grandmother, Leonida Bagration of Mukhrani, was first married to Sumner Moore Kirby, who was a son of Fred Morgan Kirby, business partner of one of the F. W. Woolworth Company heirs. They had a daughter, who is the half-sister of GD Maria (George's mother), from Leonida's second marriage to Grand Duke Vladimir Kirillovich.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: October 06, 2021, 01:45:45 AM »

https://youtu.be/Yn0jYyFYSY4
Lurker

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: October 06, 2021, 10:44:53 PM »

When George and Victoria have a baby, does the child have to be born in Russia to be in the line of succession?

According to RoyalArjan on Twitter:

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, the head of the Imperial Family, has decided that this is not a dynastic union; that's why her daughter-in-law will not be styled as Grand Duchess.
As things are now, future children will not be members of the Imperial Family.

https://mobile.twitter.co.../1443885085699317763?s=20

I assume that means their children won’t be in the line of succession.

For reference both Grand Duchess Maria and Grand Duke George were born in Madrid so it appears that birth place is irrelevant. 

Question…is there any monarchy that puts a restriction on birth place?

Here is a video from Lady Colin Campbell regarding the Romanov succession.  The first 25 minutes are about the Romanovs.  It is complicated, but is the best explanation I have seen.  The remainder of the video is about the Duke and Duchess of O/T and the Cambridges.  Lady C is very knowledgeable and forthright with her opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSTGbxwf0WM
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: October 07, 2021, 01:33:19 AM »

Saint Isaac Cathedral has a vast amount of grandeur. In what year was it built?
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: October 07, 2021, 02:42:43 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/...nt_Isaac's_Cathedral
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2021, 01:35:32 AM »

Celia, Thank you for the history of Saint Isaac's Cathedral.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: