Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Middle Names  (Read 13770 times)
sweets7908

« on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »

What do you think of the royal middle names?
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

This topic might be better off in another forum. Perhaps you could ask Maria or Thomas to move it to Royal Miscellaneous?
sweets7908

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »

This topic might be better off in another forum. Perhaps you could ask Maria or Thomas to move it to Royal Miscellaneous?

Will do.  Smiley
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 10:49:29 PM »

I like learning about the middle names of Royals.   
The reigning Prince of Liechtenstein Hans-Adam II is Johannes Adam Ferdinand Alois Josef Maria Marko d'Aviano Pius.     

Infante Pedro Carlos of Spain and Portugal (1786-1812) was Infante Pedro Carlos Antonio Rafael Jose Javier Francisco Juan Nepomuceno Tomas de Villanueva Marcos Marcelino Vicente Ferrer Raymundo.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 08:56:35 AM »

As already mentioned in the topic royal names I like the way WA and Max have named all three daughters to former Dutch queens (in their middle names):

- Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria (known as Amalia)
- Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
- Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »

As already mentioned in the topic royal names I like the way WA and Max have named all three daughters to former Dutch queens (in their middle names):
- Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria (known as Amalia)
- Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien
- Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines

The York princesses also have second names that pay homage to Queens:
- Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
- Eugenie Victoria Helena
The Gloucester "girls," as well:
- Davina Elizabeth Alice Benedikte
- Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise
------------------------------------------------

My favorite set of middle names are those that were given to Edward VIII, later Duke of Windsor:
- Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David)

As a future heir to the throne, he was named after the four Patron Saints of the UK:
- St. George - Patron saint of England (Feast Day on April 23)
- St. Andrew - Patron saint of Scotland (Feast Day on November 30)
- St. Patrick - Patron saint of Ireland (Feast Day on March 17)
- St. David - Patron saint of Wales (Feast Day on March 1)

A lovely tribute to his heritage and what was to be his future role.

CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 11:20:03 PM »

Princess Isabelle Maria Helene Carolina Alfreda Josefa Monika Pia Georgine Hemma Henriette Ignatia of Liechtenstein     
She is the daughter of Prince Aloys (Alois) of Liechtenstein (1869-1955).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 08:30:13 AM »

Recently we had a kind of international discussion about middle names. And it made me wonder about cultural differences. The Americans (US) in the group were suprised about Europeans having more than 1 middle name. In my experience it differs within the Netherlands. There are ones without middle name but also ones with 3 or more middle names. For example, I have 2 middle names, my mother 3 middle names, while a nephew has none. I guess it is in particular the case for the families with Catholic origine to have more middle names.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 10:38:49 PM »

Prince Karl Alfred Maria Johannes Baptista Heinrich Aloys Georg Hartmann Ignatius Benediktus Franz Joseph Rochus of Liechtenstein (1910-1985)     
He was a son of Prince Aloys (Alois) of Liechtenstein (1869-1955).
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 03:43:12 AM »

Fourth son of Infante Sebastian of Spain (a great-grandson of Carlos III) and his wife Infanta Cristina of Spain (great-granddaughter of Carlos III from another line) was named (get ready for this):

Infante Alfonso Maria Isabel Francisco Eugenio Gabriel Pedro Sebastian Pelayo Fernando Francisco de Paula Pio Miguel Rafael Juan José Joaquin Ana Zacarias Elisabeth Simeón Tereso Pedro Pablo Tadeo Santiago Simon Lucas Juan Mateo Andrès Bartolomé Ambrosio Geronimo Agustin Bernardo Candido Gerardo Luis-Gonzaga Filomeno Camilo Cayetano Andrès-Avelino Bruno Joaquin-Picolimini Felipe Luis-Rey-de-Francia Ricardo Esteban-Protomartir Genaro Nicolas Estanislao-de-Koska Lorenzo Vicente Crisostomo Cristano Dario Ignacio Francisco-Javier Francisco-de Borja Higona Clemente Esteban-de-Hungria Ladislado Enrique Ildefonso Hermenegildo Carlos-Borromoeo Eduardo Francisco-Régis Vicente-Ferrer Pascual Miguel-de-los-Santos Adriano Venancio Valentin Benito José-Oriol Domingo Florencio Alfacio Benére Domingo-de-Silos Ramon Isidro Manuel Antonio Todos-los-Santos de Borbón of Spain
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 09:23:39 AM »

Fourth son of Infante Sebastian of Spain (a great-grandson of Carlos III) and his wife Infanta Cristina of Spain (great-granddaughter of Carlos III from another line) was named (get ready for this):

Infante Alfonso Maria Isabel Francisco Eugenio Gabriel Pedro Sebastian Pelayo Fernando Francisco de Paula Pio Miguel Rafael Juan José Joaquin Ana Zacarias Elisabeth Simeón Tereso Pedro Pablo Tadeo Santiago Simon Lucas Juan Mateo Andrès Bartolomé Ambrosio Geronimo Agustin Bernardo Candido Gerardo Luis-Gonzaga Filomeno Camilo Cayetano Andrès-Avelino Bruno Joaquin-Picolimini Felipe Luis-Rey-de-Francia Ricardo Esteban-Protomartir Genaro Nicolas Estanislao-de-Koska Lorenzo Vicente Crisostomo Cristano Dario Ignacio Francisco-Javier Francisco-de Borja Higona Clemente Esteban-de-Hungria Ladislado Enrique Ildefonso Hermenegildo Carlos-Borromoeo Eduardo Francisco-Régis Vicente-Ferrer Pascual Miguel-de-los-Santos Adriano Venancio Valentin Benito José-Oriol Domingo Florencio Alfacio Benére Domingo-de-Silos Ramon Isidro Manuel Antonio Todos-los-Santos de Borbón of Spain

Yikes Blink
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 09:28:14 AM »

They could've just called him 'All the Saints' (todos los santos) - or plain 'A'.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 09:51:08 AM »

Lucky for him he was royal, imagine the poor chap at the customer service desk at Krogers, trying to fill out the applications for a bonus card....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 10:34:50 PM »

Why are some of Infante Alfonso's middle names hyphenated and others are not?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »

Why are some of Infante Alfonso's middle names hyphenated and others are not?

I guess to indicate which of his many names belong together (according to whom he is named).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: