Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The BRF is being modernized A LOT  (Read 26964 times)
sweets7908

« on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »

Just picked up the latest edition of one of my favorite magazines, the Majesty Magazine. QEII has stated that the title of 'Prince and Princess' will from now on only be given to children of the monarch and the children of the heir apparent. Other royals will be styled as members of the Peerage and their children won't have titles at all.

Is this one step closer to modernizing the BRF?
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »

What was the source in the mag? QEII has reportedly said a lot of things over the years, little of it substantiated.

BessieWallis Warfield

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »

I don't think the Queen every really said that, but I'm wondering if it was implied with the decree on the titles of the Wessex kids. 

But I would not be surprised if this is true.  I somehow doubt Harry's kids will be Princes/Princesses.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »

But I would not be surprised if this is true.  I somehow doubt Harry's kids will be Princes/Princesses.

At least until Charles III/George VII comes to the throne, at any rate. Until then, they won't as things stand now, thanks to the LP of 1917.

PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 01:38:14 AM »

I think Harry's kids will have titles, even if lower titles then prince/princess, when Charles comes to the throne. He may not want the extended family on the pay roll any more, but I doubt his grandchildren will go without title. Harry, his wife and kids will have to help pull some of the weight for lazy and waity.
Paddy1311

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 01:40:37 AM »

I think Harry's kids will have titles, even if lower titles then prince/princess, when Charles comes to the throne. He may not want the extended family on the pay roll any more, but I doubt his grandchildren will go without title. Harry, his wife and kids will have to help pull some of the weight for lazy and waity.

I agree. I can't imagine a scanerio, where Harry's children will not get any royal titles.
PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 01:51:11 AM »

I agree. I can't imagine a scanerio, where Harry's children will not get any royal titles.

Me too. I hope so much that Harry will marry a lovely, smart, educated (please add here more gentle adjectives for the future wife of Harry  Grin ) woman so that Waity looks even more dump or lazy (please add here more appropriate adjectives for the Duchess of Cambridge  Grin) as she allready does.
BellaBallerina

Mini Member

Dare to dream

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »

Are you sure this is a step to modernize the monarch?

Sadly that sounds a lot to me like they are being weeded out to really not be much of a monarch at all :-/

Do you guys really believe the Monarchy will still be around by the time William and Kate become King and Queen? Just curious what everyone elses' thoughts are on this.

PS: PrincessRoyal,  Beer  Smiley

"Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be." - Clementine Paddleford
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 03:10:20 AM »

They will find a reason to keep the monarchy.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »

Unless Its  announced with A royal letter patent , I wouldn't believe it. Charles wants a slimmed down royal family, only not his branch. He obviously feels he is more worthy than his brothers and their children ( hopefully he never makes king)). That's the queen mothers influence on him.
PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 09:02:55 PM »

As Miss Waynfleet allready said, for the BRF there will always be a reason to stay in their positions and as long as the Brits don't revolt against them, Willy and Lazy will become King and Queen  Dead . Though I think that the popularity will become less after the death of QE II. She works so hard (esp. in contrast to her grandchildren generation) and the rest of her family isn't as popular as she is. For me personally she represents the BRF while the rest of the family (except Anne, who also works hard and is always in the background) lives from the taxpayers money.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

If Beatrice marries now Dave, do you think she will keep her title or be Mrs. Clark?
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »

If Beatrice marries now Dave, do you think she will keep her title or be Mrs. Clark?

She would be HRH Princess Beatrice, Mrs. David Clark. As far as I know.

Only the Queen can take her title away through letters patent (she hasn't deprived either James or Louise of that style in my opinion) and I really don't see the Queen doing that to her granddaughter.

Will the Queen give Dave an Earldom? Lets look at the recent history  

Princess Margaret marries Anthony Armstong-Jones - he accepts the Earldom of Snowdon.
Princess Alexandra marries the Hon. Angus Ogilvy - he declines an Earldom.
Princess Anne marries Captain Mark Philips - he declines an Earldom.

We have to look back to Princess Margaret to see a man marrying into the royal family and accepting a peerage - so nowadays it's a fairly archaic practice - but we know how Andrew loves the baubles of royalty.

By the way, can I point out that in my opinion the title of this thread is a complete misnomer - the BRF aren't really modernising at all.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »

By the way, can I point out that in my opinion the title of this thread is a complete misnomer - the BRF aren't really modernising at all.
Indeed, Tatty. But keep in mind the person who created the thread...
tatty

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »

Indeed, Tatty. But keep in mind the person who created the thread...

Oh sorry, I didn't even pay attention to that 

Thanks E@H  Star

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: