Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris news & info  (Read 183505 times)
My13

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »

Official biography:
http://www.kungahuset.se/...r+O%27Neill+Biography.pdf

Christopher O’Neill was born on 27th June 1974 in London, England where he grew up with his parents, Eva Maria and Paul O’Neill. He is a dual citizen of both the United States of America and the United Kingdom and has five half-sisters: Tatjana, Natascha, Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen.

Christopher attended boarding school at the Institut auf dem Rosenberg in St. Gallen, Switzerland before obtaining a Bachelor degree in International Relations from Boston University. In addition, Christopher has a Masters in Business Administration from Columbia Business School in New York.

Having spent the past 16 years within the field of finance, working for financial firms such as NM Rothschild & Sons and Steinberg Asset management, Christopher is now a Partner and Head of Research at Noster Capital - an investment firm with offices in London and New York City.

Since his youth, Christopher has enjoyed a wide variety of sports and outdoor activities, such as downhill skiing, tennis and golf. Among his other passions are music, literature and Chelsea Football Club.

Paul O’Neill originally moved to London from his native New York in the 1960s to establish the European headquarters of Oppenheimer & Co – a New York-based investment bank. Paul O’Neill passed away in December 2004. His mother, Eva Maria O’Neill, is involved in numerous charitable organizations, with a particular focus on the cultural preservation of Salzburg, Austria.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »

Born to a life of luxury – this is Chris O'Neill

The American who landed a princess is no stranger to the upper class

Chris O'Neill, 38, drives a Porsche, went to a boarding school, and his mother has dated Prince Charles.

He is a dollar millionaire and did not hesitate to donate 700,000 kronor ($100,000) to the Childhood foundation – anonymously of course.

No wonder Silvia thinks he is a real mother-in-law's dream.

At the beginning of the year, Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine moved to a shared 100 square meter apartment in the Midtown East area near Central Park in Manhattan. According to our information, the apartment rents for about $6,000 per month.

Madeleine still lives on her annual appanage, but she need not worry about having to provide for her future husband. Chris O'Neill has worked in the financial industry for the past 16 years, at companies like NM Rothschild & Sons and Steinberg Asset Management. He resigned to start his own company and has invested in several different companies, including the popular celebrity restaurant The Darby. For some time he has been a partner of Noster Capital, a hedge fund that at the end of 2011 was worth circa $70 million. The fund has its headquarters in London and Chris, who himself was born and raised in London, often travels there on business.

Several of his half-sisters also live in Britain. Older sister Tatjana runs a beautiful 18th century estate with her noble husband Henry D'Abo and their three children. Another of his sisters, Natascha, has also married nobility. She worked as a fashion editor at the prestigious magazine Tatler before she married the Austrian count Ernst Abensperg und Traun.

Chris' mom Eva O'Neill, 69, is originally from Austria and has been married three (sic) times. According to the Daily Mail, she snared one of her men under the nose of film star Elizabeth Taylor. Eva O'Neill is also said to have had a romance with Prince Charles in 1986 while he was married to Diana. They are still friends and in 2003 Charles took Camilla to a charity benefit that Eva arranged in Salzburg.

Eva O'Neill works with charities and is a frequent guest at society events. She commutes between a 13 million (equals €1.5 million, $2 million) villa in Florida that Chris bought and an apartment in London. She is said to also have a home in Manhattan. Businessman Donald Trump's ex-wife Ivana Trump is one of her close friends.

Chris' dad Paul O'Neill was a successful American banker who died in 2004.

In New York, Chris works mostly from home while Madeleine is at the World Childhood Foundation's office near the UN building. When Chris wants to take a break from the stock market, he likes to go on a brisk walk with Madeleine's dog Zorro.

Chris moves in high society circles and has many successful friends. One of them, billionaire Jamie Dingman, was the one who introduced Madeleine and Chris to one another. Through Madeleine, Dingman in turn met Tiger Woods' ex-wife Elin Nordegren, whom he had a romance with.

Chris O'Neill has mixed with people from the upper class since childhood. He studied at the exclusive Swiss boarding school Institut auf dem Rosenberg in St. Gallen. The school accepts 250 students per year and the education costs 600,000 per school year (equals €70,000, $90,000). After graduation, he moved to Boston and studied international relations. Later he graduated from the prestigious Columbia Business School in New York.

Before Chris and Madeleine met each other, he was with underwear model Maryam Abdullina from Uzbekistan and the couple often appeared in public. But since he met Madeleine in the summer of 2010, he has kept a lower profile and understands that discretion is everything when it comes to contact with royals.

Shortly after he met Madeleine, he chose to donate $100,000 to the World Childhood Foundation.  He made the donation anonymously but the princess soon found out who the donor was and was overjoyed at his generosity.

He supports her in her work for vulnerable children and shows that pride by wearing a colorful beaded bracelet from Childhood, similar to the ones Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine wear.

By Karin Östman

http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article15672715.ab
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »

This Maryam reminds me of someone  Whistle Maybe that´s why Chris looked so grumpy at the christening, Sofia resembled her too much  Laughing

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »

I notice in one of the postings somewhere on RD, someone had suggested he was Jewish. Frankly, I cannot think of a less likely name to be given to a Jewish child that Christopher-- which means ``Christ-bearer, '' after all -- so I find to be a doubtful suggestion.

Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:23 PM »

Some seem to be of the opinion that this guy is rich as Croesus, but I don't think so.

Madeleine still lives on her annual appanage, but she need not worry about having to provide for her future husband. Chris O'Neill has worked in the financial industry for the past 16 years, at companies like NM Rothschild & Sons and Steinberg Asset Management. He resigned to start his own company and has invested in several different companies, including the popular celebrity restaurant The Darby. For some time he has been a partner of Noster Capital, a hedge fund that at the end of 2011 was worth circa $70 million. The fund has its headquarters in London and Chris, who himself was born and raised in London, often travels there on business.

So he's a partner in a start-up hedge fund and a private investor who works from home, investing his inheritance in hopes of expanding it. (Does anyone else wonder how BT gets all these details, or their accuracy?  Thinking)

I spent a couple of years working at a hedge fund in the NYC area. We had $6 billion under management at that time and there were approx. 40 employees.
Noster Capital is a recently opened fund (2009 or '10) with only $70 million under management. That might sound like a lot, but it is a drop in the bucket as far as hedge funds go. These are not all glamorous places handing out huge salaries, especially start-ups. I'd be willing to bet it's just a handful of guys, working from home a lot (like Chris), trying hard to rustle up clients. (I know Chris is not client-facing per se, but that is the general objective of a start-up.)

IMO, his total net worth is probably $5 million-$8 million and most of that money was inherited. It's very obvious from his background and schooling that he came from money. $5 million is a lot to a plebe like me, but it doesn't exactly place him on the World's Richest Men list.

I suspect his betrothal to one of a handful of eligible European princesses isn't for love alone.
southport

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:12:04 PM »

I notice in one of the postings somewhere on RD, someone had suggested he was Jewish. Frankly, I cannot think of a less likely name to be given to a Jewish child that Christopher-- which means ``Christ-bearer, '' after all -- so I find to be a doubtful suggestion.

and with an irish surname called o'neill, no way is he jewish but it screams catholic!
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »

and with an irish surname called o'neill, no way is he jewish but it screams catholic!

He might have gotten his last name from an Irish Catholic father and his religion from a Jewish mother.
Plum Royale

Medium Member

Misha Prokhorov is a hysterical drama czar!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »

maybe, its rare but I live in midtown and have meet 1 Christine in her 40's both parents are jewish but only go to temple during high holy days and 2 guys also both parents jewish but only "cultural" in there 30's and 1 guy from Paris with non observent parents with the french spelling.The parents picked the name because they liked it and knew it was non traditional hebrew. I'm sure by the wedding we will have a better pix (he should get hit the gym) and more information about his background. I read New York Social Diary almost once a week and if Chris was the eager social climber/jet set guy he would have been dropping bundles of cash to go to every charity event there are plenty of those types who will hire a PR guy like Mark Gilbertson to promote them and their socialite girlfriend/wife. Chris and Mad have kept to themselves so we will see if it changes when they marry.  Halo
Plum

" .. By the way, the beauty of our Russian women, their ability to elegantly pointed, sexy and trendy dress does not give anyone the right to call them prostitutes!
 I love heifers when they audition for me!
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »

I don't think there's any way for us to estimate Chris's wealth. If he owns the Florida villa his mother lives or other real estates in NYC or London, it would have been easier for the reporters to estimate. But it seems all his holdings besides real estate are private and thus, hard to estimate. But I'll question his wealth if the NYC apartment is really a rental. He's been living in NYC for years. He should have bought an apartment by now.

All in all, I think he's still wealthier than most men royal princesses married, e.g. Ann's, Elena's, Cristina's, ML's husband etc., in recent decades.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »

Some seem to be of the opinion that this guy is rich as Croesus, but I don't think so.

So he's a partner in a start-up hedge fund and a private investor who works from home, investing his inheritance in hopes of expanding it. (Does anyone else wonder how BT gets all these details, or their accuracy?  Thinking)

I spent a couple of years working at a hedge fund in the NYC area. We had $6 billion under management at that time and there were approx. 40 employees.

Noster Capital is a recently opened fund (2009 or '10) with only $70 million under management. That might sound like a lot, but it is a drop in the bucket as far as hedge funds go. These are not all glamorous places handing out huge salaries, especially start-ups. I'd be willing to bet it's just a handful of guys, working from home a lot (like Chris), trying hard to rustle up clients. (I know Chris is not client-facing per se, but that is the general objective of a start-up.)

IMO, his total net worth is probably $5 million-$8 million and most of that money was inherited. It's very obvious from his background and schooling that he came from money. $5 million is a lot to a plebe like me, but it doesn't exactly place him on the World's Richest Men list.

I suspect his betrothal to one of a handful of eligible European princesses isn't for love alone.

Great info, thanks Star It's Aftonbladet not BT btw Smiley

Hmmm, what did he inherit from his father and what about his mother? Thinking Did she marry 4 wealthy husbands because she came from money or did she need the money?  Secret
Columbo

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »

Great info, thanks Star It's Aftonbladet not BT btw Smiley

Hmmm, what did he inherit from his father and what about his mother? Thinking Did she marry 4 wealthy husbands because she came from money or did she need the money?  Secret

Thanks My13  Beer  Star

I've been wondering about Eva O'Neill as well . . . she has the look of a kept woman, doesn't she? She was probably gorgeous when she was younger, and her daughters are beautiful. Too bad Chris didn't get any of her pretty genes  I don't think she came from money herself, but hooked some rich guys on her looks and . . . well, as the DM put it:

Three-times-married Eva is reputed to have a voracious sexual appetite and her bedtime charms are legendary.
Laughing Dead

The article is at http://www.dailymail.co.u...scratched-Royal-itch.html

Did you read about how she stole one of her husbands from Elizabeth Taylor? This lady makes some good dishing 

The Aftonbladet article says Chris bought her a $2 million home in Florida. If that's true, then I would guess she doesn't have much money at all. (I don't think he bought it for her, at least not outright and all on his own - maybe they went in on it together.)

His father was a senior executive in an international investment bank, and he passed away in 2004. He probably left Chris a good chunk of money, although he had three other children who his estate would also have been shared with.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »

More about Chris’ business:

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/...an-katolik-och-chelseafan

The last 16 years, O'Neill has worked in the financial industry. Today he is a partner and head of research at the small London-based finance company Noster Capital, which also has offices in New York.

The company, which has only four employees, is a globally-oriented so-called hedge fund. These are usually considered riskier than regular mutual funds when investing. Among other things, they make short sales, that is, selling borrowed shares to profit from price declines. Noster Capital director Pedro de Noronha has occasionally appeared in the media and provided his view on the Euro crisis and stress tests of European banks.

Before the future princess's consort came to Noster, he worked at, among others, the financial giant Rothschild, with 2,800 employees and 50 offices worldwide.

http://www.realtid.se/Art...114630_Realtid125.dbp.asp

Noster Capital was founded in 2007 and had €53.7 million ($70 million) under management at the end of the last financial year (November 2011). It is not clear what type of investors the fund approaches, or who invested the money so far.

According to the annual report, the fund returned 14.3 percent during the year. According to the fund, its  managers have beaten the major market indices by a wide margin since its inception. The forecast for 2012 speaks of tough market conditions globally, but the fund hopes to raise funds through both through new deposits and increased returns.

Noster Capital has its headquarters in London but also a presence in New York. The group includes two British companies, a U.S. company and a parent company based in the Cayman Islands. All according to the annual report.

Noster Capital's most visible move came in spring when the fund wrote an open letter to the board of Chesapeake Energy, one of the largest natural gas companies in the U.S. with a listing on the New York Stock Exchange.

The letter of five pages is dated May 2012 and signed by Pedro de Noronha. It says Noster Capital owns Chesapeake shares and now requires changes in the company.

"Now enough is enough!" wrote Noronha in the letter criticizing the Chesapeake founder and CEO Aubrey McClendon for mixing up his personal finances with the with the company finances.

It says Noster Capital's proposal is to "immediately terminate McClendon" as Chesapeake’s CEO and for the time being hire him as an unpaid consultant.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

Apparently Chris will be at the Nobels with Madeleine. Not sure if he'll be sitting in the audience somewhere or will he arrive with Madeleine. I'm thinking there's some etiquette thing that prevents him from being with the royal family, or is there? He's a fiancé now, does that change anything?

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Christopher is more likely to be catholic. Does any one have a picture of his Father? To me ( maybe you have to be Irish to get this) his has the fat head of a Irish farmer, one when your friend is marrying a man like that , you'd say if the scan of the baby shows that big head , let him stay in, or you'll be sewn front to back! Any way with the O in the name, his family didn't  take the soup during the famine, I wonder if after the marraige the Irish press will "find" the homestead of his family, and ask the new Mrs.O Neill to come to a unveiling. It worked for Princess Grace and the Kennedy family.
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »

Apparently Chris will be at the Nobels with Madeleine. Not sure if he'll be sitting in the audience somewhere or will he arrive with Madeleine. I'm thinking there's some etiquette thing that prevents him from being with the royal family, or is there? He's a fiancé now, does that change anything?
When Jonas attended three years ago he was sitting with Princess Christina & Tord Magnuson in the audience. It will be the same also for Chris if they indeed come to Nobel's, Madde up with her family and Chris in the audience. Last year when GD Henri & GD Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended they were seated in the audience as well. Podium is SRF only and engagement does not change that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: